BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 151 - 160 of 11082 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...1109

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Class suggestion for wilderness medic training?
"local Red Cross or Fire Dept." Ken, I don't know how they operate where you are. Where I am, nearly all of the standard Red Cross 8-hour classes are a joke. They teach you what to...

In Philosophy & Technique » Class suggestion for wilderness medic training?
July 14, 10:30pm

Re: Response from DeLorme regarding inReach SE tracking/messaging issue...
You know what would be helpful to inReach users? Troubleshooting hints. It is simply too difficult to send a message to DeLorme tech support and then to get no reply at all for a week or worse. Yes...

In GEAR » inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
July 14, 10:23pm

Re: skipping TM and VVR and just going to Reds and MTR
"Next stop - Onion Valey CG" I was just at Onion Valley a few days ago. I saw two Japanese backpackers come down from Kearsarge Pass, spend an hour rifling through their food box in on...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » skipping TM and VVR and just going to Reds and MTR
July 14, 10:12pm

Re: Class suggestion for wilderness medic training?
You may be asking for a lot here. Wilderness First Responder takes about 80 hours, I think. Plus, it costs a lot. I took a seminar once called the Mountain Medicine Seminar, and that was near...

In Philosophy & Technique » Class suggestion for wilderness medic training?
July 14, 8:39pm

Re: update on alky stoves on the JMT
Maybe I can help a little. In addition to the clarifications that I reported here a month ago, I have more. On July 9th, I stopped at the Inyo National Forest office in Bishop to pick up a reser...

In GEAR » update on alky stoves on the JMT
July 14, 8:32pm

Re: SEKI
I hate it to have to get a permit at Roads End and then leave. Waiting for the ranger to open up is a pain, waiting in line is a pain, and then rushing to get the pack... No thanks. Instead, I g...

In Pre-Trip Planning » SEKI Great Western Divide traverser Sept 2014 planning
July 14, 6:27pm

Re: pocket/survival/commando saws
A wire saw won't hold up for very long, so they are best kept in a real emergency kit where they are intended to see service for only one night. A folding saw will hold up much longer, but t...

In GEAR » pocket/survival/commando saws
July 14, 6:10pm

Re: Re: Geekdom
"Aren't bears attracted to slide rules?" Perhaps Golden Bears. If you want to trim weight, you can discard the cursor and the slide rule parts will still work. You can use your ...

In GEAR » What do you hike with that nobody else has?
July 14, 5:57pm

Re: inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
Everything went through OK with mine from July 10 to July 13. On July 12, it took 10-15 minutes to get one message up to the bird, but maybe that was because I was in a pretty deep canyon. I'm ...

In GEAR » inReach SE: No tracking points, no messages went through today!
July 14, 2:26am

Re: Re: How light is light?
"If you are going out for a few days in the Sierra in summer, when you KNOW you will be warm and dry, you can cut corners." Except when I get rained on for five days in a row. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How light is light?
July 09, 1:36am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.