BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 151 - 160 of 11160 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...1116

Forum » Thread

Re: Avoiding nasty hiking partners...
Eric, the trick is to organize the trip yourself, and set it up so that certain people will know that they are not welcome and everybody else is. Some outdoor groups are always looking for experien...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Avoiding nasty hiking partners...
July 19, 2:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Yosemite changed the wording now
"Maybe they'll get their act together on the wording as well???" They probably have too many lawyers for that. I know. We could boil water with electrical heaters. The electrici...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol Stoves a fire hazard?
July 19, 2:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Yosemite changed the wording now
"What else (if we count "cubes" too) is actually prohibited?" They did not mention white phosphorus, although that might come under the category of fireworks. I carry some...

July 19, 2:36pm

Re: Yosemite changed the wording now
Ah-ha. I see that Yosemite doesn't state "Esbit" but they do refer to "cube" as a fuel. OK, they are slowly moving toward clarification. Correct me if I'm wrong, b...

July 19, 1:58pm

Re: Yosemite changed the wording now
Hmmm. They did not mention Esbit fuel. I'm crushed. --B.G.--

July 19, 12:25pm

Re: King canyon august
If anything blows up with your current plan, then shift gears and do a long loop out of Mineral King. It is just a bit further south and maybe just a bit warmer. A new bighorn sheep herd is present...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » King canyon august
July 19, 12:39am

Re: alcohol stoves
F.R., I don't think that you've been following this discussion in parallel threads. We discussed what the national forest restrictions really mean and what is really allowed. --B.G.--

July 18, 11:55pm

Re: Samy;s
A tripod purchase can be quite the rabbit hole to follow. If you are really sure that you want a ballhead on it, then fine. I've had too many ballheads, and I hate them. A good pan/tilt head...

In Photography » MeFOTO daytripper tripod
July 18, 11:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jetboil in the wind: Doing the Jetboil Shuffle
Hmmm. Perhaps the MSR company meant that in jest, even if the lawyers wouldn't like it. I got pretty good with my XGK back in 1996. We were on a very high expedition, so fuel usage was impor...

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
July 18, 9:45pm

Re: Re: More pictures
"You should open a cat hotel!" That sounds better than a cat house. --B.G.--

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
July 18, 8:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.