Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 151 - 160 of 12719 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ...1272

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nuts!
Did you ever consider that maybe Mineral King is less-visited for valid reasons? Some people seek that extra solitude, but then they have to deal with bad roads and evil marmots. There is one sm...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Leaving bear canister with food in car in SEKI
April 30, 8:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nuts!
If you try to drive to Mineral King, you should be warned that the narrow road that goes there is awful. It is almost entirely paved, but it is very curvy and slow. The term "highway" doe...

April 30, 7:15pm

Re: Re: Re: nuts!
I'm sure that there are hikes like that, although maybe not so many inside SEKI. Each year before I do Mount Whitney, I need to adapt to some altitude, so I head to one free car campground t...

April 30, 6:53pm

Re: nuts!
At Roads End, the parking lot is paved, and the marmot den rocks are much farther away. I have never heard of cars being attacked by marmots there, although anything could happen. There are lots...

April 30, 6:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Leaving bear canister with food in car in SEKI
" Not sure I can pick up chicken wire on short notice . . . " I cannot confirm that this is still the case, but there used to be a tiny general store not too far downhill from the Mine...

April 30, 6:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Leaving bear canister with food in car in SEKI
"I wouldn't worry about the marmots at Mineral King. Thousands go there and I haven't met anyone yet who had the much talked about problem. And last time I was there I didn't see a...

April 30, 6:18pm

Re: Leaving bear canister with food in car in SEKI
First of all, you understand that black bears operate by smell, by sight, and by memory of where they found food in the past. So, if you had ten pounds of food packed into a bear canister, it ou...

April 30, 6:08pm

Re: Solar lights:LuminAid, Luci etc.
I found the Luci light to be pretty good. I returned to the store and purchased a few more to use as gifts. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Solar lights:LuminAid, Luci etc.
April 29, 9:39am

Re: Re: Re: Re: container for white gas?
I can understand using auto fuel for a lot of stuff, but not in bowels. --B.G.--

In GEAR » container for white gas?
April 28, 12:40pm

Re: Re: container for white gas?
"I filled a bottle and placed it in a bowel" That sounds awfully painful and potentially dangerous. --B.G.--

In GEAR » container for white gas?
April 28, 12:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.