BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1491 - 1500 of 1569 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157

Forum » Thread

Exped Down Airmat 7
Carol, Many, if not most, of the Exped "slow leak" problems can be easily solved by a procedure change. The air valve on this mattress hits what appears to be the stop point before it is complet...

In GEAR » UL Sleeping Pad - Thermarest Ridge Rest vs Gossamer Nighlight vs Others
June 23, 12:43am

Blanket
What is the URL for a site that sells the blanket you are referring to? Approximately how thick is it, what are the dimensions, and how much does it weigh?

In GEAR » Low cost 20-35F bags?
June 22, 10:35am

Re: 1000 miles without resupply
Ryan F., Yes Andrew’s proposed feat is amazing. Consider the difference in energy required for hiking a trail versus hiking cross country through Alaska. In that perspective the amount of food...

In GEAR » 1000 miles without resupply
June 11, 9:40am

Ryan's Journey
I scan the Artic 1000 site a couple of times per day and have posted three times as Richard295 versus Richard Nisley on this forum. Since I leave for a two month Alaska expedition on July 8, I f...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ryan's Journey
June 09, 9:57pm

OP sacks on close-out.
Paul, Thank you for your test results. You sold me on the OP Sack. Richard

In GEAR » OP sacks on close-out.
June 08, 8:20am

OP Sac Test Request - Please
Is there anyone on the BPL forum with a dog and an OP Sack who is willing to test the OP Sack versus conventional freezer bags? I envision the tests involving dinner times for the dog and each ...

In GEAR » OP sacks on close-out.
June 07, 5:37pm

Constructing a quilt
Bill, this approach has never been published by any source that I am aware of. None the less, it is based on science rather than marketing hype. It should satisfy your requirement for something qui...

In Make Your Own Gear » Constructing a quilt for less than $54.95?
June 06, 11:14pm

Climashield non-siliconized.....
My Polarguard Delta clo/oz calculation was based in part on the BPL Golite Belay parka review. BPL states that this parka is using 3 oz/yd2 PG Delta insulation and providing 1.1" of loft. If a...

In GEAR » Climashield non-siliconized, polyester continuous filament insulation claims highest Clo/Kg
June 05, 7:30pm

Climashield non-siliconized
Paul, I knew the W/m K value was .040. I then used the BPL data in bin/backpackinglight/2004_ultralight_synthetic_insulating_jackets_vests_review.html to determine the loft of the 1.8 oz/yd2 was...

In GEAR » Climashield non-siliconized, polyester continuous filament insulation claims highest Clo/Kg
June 05, 5:29pm

Climashield non-siliconized
Dondo, Primaloft One - .840 Primaloft Sport - .740 Exceloft - .683 Richard

June 05, 11:26am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm