BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1491 - 1500 of 1565 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157

Forum » Thread

OP sacks on close-out.
Paul, Thank you for your test results. You sold me on the OP Sack. Richard

In GEAR » OP sacks on close-out.
June 08, 8:20am

OP Sac Test Request - Please
Is there anyone on the BPL forum with a dog and an OP Sack who is willing to test the OP Sack versus conventional freezer bags? I envision the tests involving dinner times for the dog and each ...

In GEAR » OP sacks on close-out.
June 07, 5:37pm

Constructing a quilt
Bill, this approach has never been published by any source that I am aware of. None the less, it is based on science rather than marketing hype. It should satisfy your requirement for something qui...

In Make Your Own Gear » Constructing a quilt for less than $54.95?
June 06, 11:14pm

Climashield non-siliconized.....
My Polarguard Delta clo/oz calculation was based in part on the BPL Golite Belay parka review. BPL states that this parka is using 3 oz/yd2 PG Delta insulation and providing 1.1" of loft. If a...

In GEAR » Climashield non-siliconized, polyester continuous filament insulation claims highest Clo/Kg
June 05, 7:30pm

Climashield non-siliconized
Paul, I knew the W/m K value was .040. I then used the BPL data in bin/backpackinglight/2004_ultralight_synthetic_insulating_jackets_vests_review.html to determine the loft of the 1.8 oz/yd2 was...

In GEAR » Climashield non-siliconized, polyester continuous filament insulation claims highest Clo/Kg
June 05, 5:29pm

Dondo, Primaloft One - .840 Primaloft Sport - .740 Exceloft - .683 Richard

June 05, 11:26am

Bill, PG Delta has the highest clo/oz value at .68. My original calculation was based on erroneous BPL loft data for a cacluation I used. I suggest you contact the sales department at Western No...

June 04, 5:18pm

Bill, You have given a lot of valuable information to this forum… thanks. Hopefully my response to your questions will likewise be of value to you. Your post stated in part, “I have no id...

June 04, 2:27pm

Lets Rely on Science
Jay, If the diet is calorie sufficient, low exercise activity has little impact on protein requirement; a 1.0 gram/protein per kg/day is sufficient. However, most endurance athletes require more...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Diet for High Mileage Long Hikes
May 22, 1:39pm

How to optimize pack weight
Jay, I believe you meat to say “Get 1-1.5g of protein per every kg…” and not “Get 1-1.5g of protein per every pound…”. Note that 1 kg = 2.2 lbs. Lance Armstrong and his team mates cons...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Diet for High Mileage Long Hikes
May 22, 8:10am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm