BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1491 - 1500 of 1542 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155

Forum » Thread

Home made Goo
Tom, You should be fine with any of the 6-8% CHO concentration you are considering. You can customize your goo with any of these CHO sources. BLOOD GLUCOSE RESPONSE (AVERAGE CHANGE ESTIMATED:...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Homemade GOO!
April 16, 10:06pm

Home made Goo
Homemade Goo provides convenience to the long distance backpacker but not increased exercise performance. A conventional high carbohydrate snack such as Fig Newton or bagel will provide the same ty...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Homemade GOO!
April 15, 9:54pm

difference in the clo/oz value between Primaloft Sport and Primaloft One
Primaloft Sport is .74 clo/oz. Primaloft One is .84 clo/oz.

In GEAR » Best light synthetic 15-25F sleeping bags
April 08, 9:14am

insulation values of synthetics
Jim, You said ,” But, the clo-values/oz provided by their respective manufacturers (as reported at thru-hiker.com) say that Primaloft provides 8-9% more insulation value per oz (.74 vs .68).” ...

April 07, 8:43pm

Best light synthetic 15-25F sleeping bags
I assume that you want a synthetic bag for its ability to retain its insulation value better than down when wet rather than its initial lower cost. Polarguard Delta looses ~40% of its insulation va...

April 06, 12:42pm

Microporous Polypropylene Fabric
Does anyone know of suppliers for the two-layer version of this material? OWF carries the three-layer version, they call Duravent, but I would also like to know if there are other suppliers for ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Microporous Polypropylene Fabric
March 31, 11:37am

Re: Garmin 60CSx vs. 76 CSx
Douglas, Thanks for the explanation and picture.

In GEAR » GPS for under the trees
March 27, 10:41pm

Re: Garmin 60CSx vs. 76 CSx
Is there a leash attachement on both of these units? Please explain how it works or post a picture of the leash attachement on the 60 you have.

In GEAR » GPS for under the trees
March 27, 3:51pm

Quilt Fastener
Vick, Thanks for sharing your quilt fastener solution with us. Richard

In Make Your Own Gear » Suggestions needed for quilt fasteners
March 26, 9:06am

Quilt Fastener
Vick, It appears to me that you have a very good solution. The pictures help alot to better understand your solution. Where did you purchase your 3 hole fasteners? How do you attach the other en...

In Make Your Own Gear » Suggestions needed for quilt fasteners
March 25, 8:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm