BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 1491 - 1500 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ...177

Forum » Thread

Re: quilt questions
Eric, You will have to let your quilt "breathe" somehow to allow your insulation to loft. The sewing needle holes alone can accomplish this alone but a "breathability strip"...

In Make Your Own Gear » quilt questions
November 01, 7:46am

Re: Re:barefoot stream fording?
+1 for hammer one. >>I just slogged on through in my trail runners and kept on trucking. They'll dry soon enough.<< On my last outing I forded a rain swollen nearly knee deep...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » barefoot stream fording?
October 29, 11:44am

Re: How do you load your pack?
Hi Dale, I use a homemade SUL pack. I insert my rolled short Ridgerest to provide the "frame". Next in goes the aired out, WalMart plastic trash compactor bag. After that my top...

In GEAR » How do you load your pack?
October 22, 2:32pm

Re: Nalgene 50% Off
Scott, Thanks so much for the info. I picked up a pair of 2L hydration resevoirs with hoses and bite valves for the price of one. And who ships for free these days? That was great. Did a...

In Gear Deals » Nalgene 50% Off
October 21, 7:38pm

Re: Pillow and Groundsheet
Adan, This hand crafted pillow is crazy light at only 1.3 oz. http://kookabay.com/ I use a homemade Meteor Bivy with a silnylon floor and sleep under a tarp so I do not use a groundsheet. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pillow and Groundsheet
October 20, 8:25am

Re: Re: Re: Design for the intended use
James, Here is the link to Jamie Shortt's LytW8 webpage where you'll find the "plugged" footbox. Party On, Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilts: Is a drawstring footbox as warm as a sewn footbox?
October 18, 10:20am

Re: Re: Fear and Loneliness on the Ozark Highlands Trail
Lucas, Your article was a very frank, insightful and open sharing of experiences and concerns. I thoroughly enjoyed and identified with many portions of your trip report. The pictures have a ve...

In Editor's Roundtable » Fear and Loneliness on the Ozark Highlands Trail
October 13, 7:58am

Re: Best Free Stuff?
As far as the available "free stuff" in various food establishments is concerned maybe we should view it from the perspective of how we load our packs. Take only what is proper and nee...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best Free Stuff?
October 11, 7:16am

Re: LW "chair"
Franco, Who is that photographer in the window? ;-) Party On, Newton

In Make Your Own Gear » LW "chair"
October 10, 4:52pm

Re: Variety of stuff for sale
Brian, I got the Flash. Thanks, Newton

In Gear Swap » Variety of stuff for sale
October 06, 6:15pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm