Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1491 - 1500 of 2292 | Page: 1 ...141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ...230

Forum » Thread

Re time of year
Might be chilly in Colorado (depends on where you are) but it will be fine in the Appalachian Mountains. I would be concerned that Land Between the Lakes would be pretty warm that time of year. I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking with my son
February 11, 2:29pm

MT 110
Good write up Eugene. Sounds like a good shoe for me as long as I don't take it backpacking. Those of you that use the MT110 how would you rate the durablity of the mesh? The 101s are not th...

In GEAR » Brooks Pure Grit- A quick look.
February 11, 1:32pm

drafts?
How drafty is your quilt? I used a quilt to below freezing with no problems in a bivy. One night I tried it without a bivy when it was maybe 40. I woke up chilly and went back to using the bivy.

In GEAR » advice for a cold night
February 11, 1:25pm

Re I got a Wimenuche Map
Sounds like you're on the right track checking out a map of the Wimenuche. The Lost Creek does have some amazing rock formations. I've got a couple trip reports of it as do several oth...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Seeking a good Colorado loop for youth
February 10, 7:37pm

One place to watch
One place to watch out for is the trail into Breckenridge. There were lots of down trees there that might have taken out trail markers. A lot of intersections were unmarked and the official guide...

In GEAR » CT Topo Map Book
February 10, 7:16pm

Burn Compression its a good thing
Definately keep those straps. I have a standard burn and I find out that the lack of a normal compression system is a problem. I find the load shifts around particularly at the bottom of the pack...

In GEAR » Burn compression
February 10, 7:11pm

Foods
The foods I eat are as follows -Chocalate -Gorp (some it gets old if you eat too much) -Chocalate -Dried Fruit (Mostly crasins, this stuff is expensives doesnt' have a lot of calories and s...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ditching the stove and my new SUL gear list
February 09, 4:37pm

Here's some ideas
In July you will have thunderstorms in the afternoon so you need to plan on being off the high areas by 12:00. The Wimenuche Wilderness is big enough to have some good options. 1. Go up Vallac...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Seeking a good Colorado loop for youth
February 09, 4:20pm

Re Custom
Yeah we'll see. There's no major hikes on the immediate horizon so I can wait a bit. I'm switching careers and next fall I might be in a position to spend a bit more money. I'm s...

In GEAR » I need a new pack
February 08, 8:28pm

No Stoving
I had some problems with boil in a bag meals at high elevations. The boiling point was so low that my food wasn't cooked very well. Besides that I didn't like my meals that much anyway. ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ditching the stove and my new SUL gear list
February 08, 6:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.