BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1491 - 1500 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ...206

Forum » Thread

Re Jerry
Jerry "There is research that says simple carbohydrates and flavorings make the food addictive but it's not conclusive. You can be sure the food manufacturers have studied the hell out of...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
December 02, 7:02pm

Re Dougles
Haha Dougles I had you in mind when I wrote that up, any improvements? Of course I plan on being one of the smart ones who gets to play with hand grenades.

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
December 02, 3:26pm

Re Re Re Re Re Why don't we regulate____________
Dougles Yep how about an IQ/morality test and paralell governments for different people based on how smart and resposible they are. If you score as the smartest, most upstanding citizen you are g...

December 02, 3:08pm

Re Re Unintened Consequences
Yeah I'm aware of all the concerns up in Canada. Without going into all the back and forth of oil as an overall issue (I think we have a million page thread on that somewhere) I just figure a ...

In Chaff » Horse slaughter poised to resume in U.S. -- with PETA's approval?
December 02, 2:53pm

RE Don't forget houcharas
I've thought about them a few times. I wear Chacos and like them but they dry your feet out if you wear them too much. My friends found that out the hard way this summer! I'm surprised...

In GEAR » Minimalist Shoe Question
December 02, 2:46pm

Unintended Consequences
Well as a carnivor I'm probably not one of PETA's best pals but I'll give them credit they at least took a commonsense position on this. My gripe now is the opposition to the Keystone ...

In Chaff » Horse slaughter poised to resume in U.S. -- with PETA's approval?
December 02, 2:34pm

Re Re Re Re Why don't we regulate___________
"Relatively few people are damaged from backpacking, and the benefits undoubtedly exceed the costs." We obvously agree on that but the same logic used to regulate other things could be...

December 02, 2:22pm

Re Maybe we should regulate______________
Aside from the question of whether the government should be regulating such things one way or the other I don't buy the arguement that food is all that addictive. I think thats stretching the ...

December 02, 12:08pm

WTB Trashed Packs for parts
I'm wanting to do some myog projects with interal frame packs. So I might be interested in buying your trashed packs for parts. I'd like to get one or two alumanium U shaped frame stays. ...

In Gear Swap » WTB Trashed Packs for parts
December 01, 10:37am

Update on Minimalist Shoes
Okay I'll revive this thread with an update. I eventually bought a sized up pair of La Sportiva X countries. I wore them for about 170 miles of continues hiking, I think my longest day was 27...

In GEAR » Minimalist Shoe Question
December 01, 10:30am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.