BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1491 - 1500 of 2106 | Page: 1 ...141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ...211

Forum » Thread

Trip in Estas Park area Jan 6-8
There's a small chance I'll be in Estas Park January 6-8 but I have not budget for an expensive trip and I won't have a car. Any great ideas for a winter trip in non-technical terrain?...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trip in Estas Park area Jan 6-8
December 16, 4:17pm

Tarps
Jace I have not done the PCT so take this for what its worth. If you do get a tarp I might get a bit bigger tarp than normal. I used a 5 x9 ft. tarp for a good while and really liked it. On the ...

In GEAR » PCT: Tent or Tarp
December 15, 7:03pm

Re Re We Need a Review
Thats great to hear Chris. Hope RJ gets over that flu before Christmas. I don't know of a lot of packs that can handle 45 pounds that weight less than 4 pounds. A pack that can do that while...

In GEAR » HMG Porter Pack
December 14, 4:14pm

We Need a Review of this Pack
Thanks David, maybe at some point I'll get a Porter. I really would like to see a review of this pack by BPL soon. A sub 2 pound pack with that load bearing ability and that much space is...

December 14, 11:03am

Goretex Socks
I think mine were Sealskins or something like that. They were the cheapest I could find at REI. They do wear out a bit faster than normal Goretex. I think I heard 3 weeks of continues use somewh...

In GEAR » gortex in shoes
December 14, 10:59am

Goretex in shoes
I'm in total agreement with Thomas. Deep water isn't the only thing. If its raining hard enough water will run down your leg into your shoes and soak them from the top down. I have had g...

In GEAR » gortex in shoes
December 14, 6:49am

Re Re HMG Porter
"In regards to weight carry, I know Ryan has had 40+ in his and claims it was quite comfortable (as comfortable as 40 lbs on your back can be anyway)." A 2 pound pack that can carry 40...

December 14, 6:43am

Re Wow
I wonder how the lighter weight dyneema will hold up. It should be more abrasion resistant but I find a limiting factor in really light packs is that the seams fail over time. I wonder if lighter...

In GEAR » GG Murmur 2012 reviews
December 13, 4:37pm

RE
"Some questions I have for stays are: -will stays carry more comfortably than a folded up ridgerest? -Like a real internal or external frame, will stays make packing my pack tight and compr...

In GEAR » Stays in Frameless Packs
December 13, 2:23pm

Wow
Wow that got long in a hurry! William you're being gutsy starting your own business good for you. Here's two ideas once you get the website fixed up. 1. You also want to start wor...

In GEAR » Alter Ego backpacking gear update
December 13, 2:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.