BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Guest

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1471 - 1480 of 1808 | Page: 1 ...139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ...181

Forum » Thread

Insulating value of Heineken Cone
I found an added benefit of the cone. It works as a pretty good insulator. I respectfully submit that in Mark's locale (southern Texas) the primary need for insulation is to keep the can'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heineken Cone
November 18, 10:12am

Re: Pacific Northwest Trail - 1200 mi. - Summer '07
Sam, That was a very nice show and it was great to meet you. There was quite a collection of MN BPLers present. Maybe we could form a local chapter:-)

In Post-Trip Reports » Pacific Northwest Trail - 1200 mi. - Summer '07
November 17, 6:42pm

Re: got it (re meth)
You could burn 190 proof vodka in your stove, too. How's that for a dual use item. Au Contrare .... that is dual purpose, not dual use. Dual use is the same ounce fulfilling two needs, th...

In GEAR » Stove comparison-what I do on rainy days
November 15, 11:45am

Re: Tater Tuesday: Smoked Salmon Mashers
Tater Tuesday come on a Wednesday this week! (any old Pogo fans lurking out there?)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Tater Tuesday: Smoked Salmon Mashers
November 14, 9:00am

Re: AGG Tarp Tent 10 ft size
Sarah, The thought of a tarptent convert losing their faith is too much for me to sit idle and let happen without comment;-) If a zipper is all you'd need to make this tent complete, it see...

In Gear Swap » AGG Tart Tent 10 ft size
November 08, 8:29pm

Re: trail bars
better dessert bar than a snickers? That'll be the day.....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » trail bars
November 08, 10:03am

Re: Croc knockoff's?
the tale of the scale (average of results from two scales): 10.2oz, Men's size 12 (Women's 14)

In GEAR » Croc knockoff's?
November 07, 5:11pm

Re: Croc knockoff's?
approx 10oz for a pair of size 12. Can be more specific after I get home tonight. A friend used croc-offs purchased from Target this summer. Cost less than the AirWalks, seemed quite light, h...

In GEAR » Croc knockoff's?
November 07, 8:20am

Re: Bushwacking Shell
Roger, is your "practical/functional" approach to everything a common Aussie trait? Either way, it makes your posts worth reading even when I might not be interested in the topic! I w...

In Editor's Roundtable » Notes from the Field – Bushwacking Shell
November 07, 4:30am

Re: Scale uses?
IF you do have a scale do you pack items you already own based on their weight? This spoon weighs less than that spoon) yep do you find the scales prompt outbursts of buying lighter stuff? ...

In GEAR » Scales for weighing gear and where to get them
November 06, 9:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am