Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1471 - 1480 of 2292 | Page: 1 ...139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ...230

Forum » Thread

FS. Mountain Laurel Designs Burn
Size Large MLD Burn. Almost perfect condition. I bought it barely used from a member and used it three times myself. Its a nicely made pack it just doesn't fit me quite right. Asking $130...

In Gear Swap » FS. Mountain Laurel Designs Burn
February 18, 10:07am

Re John
John the CT is great, let me know if you ever want to try it. You nailed the big problem with the CT. The longest distance between resupply points is from Princeton Hot Springs to Molas Pass (...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
February 17, 8:53pm

Re Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike
I don't think going SUL would be as hard on the AT. I think it would be a lot harder on a western trail where resupplies are farther apert. I could have lived with SUL gear on the Colorado ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
February 17, 8:22pm

New Jam
According to the link the new Jam 35 has the "wishbone" hipbelt. This will be a huge improvement on the current one. Its hard to tell but the extension colar looks better too. I want...

In GEAR » 2012 Golite Jam
February 17, 7:13pm

Awesome
That picture is so true. People really did think those things about me. Question - How many people carry a SPOT or similar device just to make their mom, wife or girlfriend happy? I know I do.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Funny Thru Hiking Picture
February 17, 7:08pm

Modded Pinnacle
If you did anything creative to the Pinnacle I'd be interested in seeing how you did it. I think if the pack is comfortable and your baseweight is reasonable its not worth sweeting too much ...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail 2012 Gear List
February 16, 10:16pm

New Jam
I hope the new 35 liter Jam has a better hipbelt than the Peak its replacing. I think it would have worked well but the hipbelt just didn't fit well. David C has a whole discussion of hipbelt...

In GEAR » 2012 Golite Jam
February 16, 9:50pm

Re Every Noob needs this info
Probably a good idea Tad. I love all the "gear geak" articles here but a few times I've thought maybe we could us a few "Complete Idiot's Guides." I don't mean t...

In Editor's Roundtable » What a Scout Needs for Backpacking
February 16, 5:49pm

Cool
Cool how much will this thing carry? Is that a pocket for a pad behind the frame?

In GEAR » ZimmerBuilt something awesome for me
February 15, 6:16pm

Re Re Packs
Oh thanks Tad. Since you said most scouts do best with a frame in their pack I guess I was assuming you'd found a source of really light internal frame packs that I'd missed. By the way...

In Editor's Roundtable » What a Scout Needs for Backpacking
February 14, 9:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.