Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brad Groves (4quietwoods) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Michigan
About Me Mostly longer trips without resupply, in what usually seems to be cold and wet conditions. Over two decades of backcountry travel including backpacking and canoe tripping. I consider Marquette to be my home, but I currently live down-state. Many years as a buyer in specialty outdoor retail.
My PDF Gear Listalways changing

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brad Groves

Showing 1471 - 1480 of 1559 | Page: 1 ...137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Coleman Max canister adaptor
Tony- Thanks! The adaptor (and valve) inspired me--I'm now in the process of chopping up a Powermax stove. Quite frustrated with the weight of valve/jet/fuel line weights. I'm chomping at t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Coleman Max canister adaptor
August 09, 1:06pm

Re: 35g mini GAS stove
I want one!

In Make Your Own Gear » 35g mini GAS stove
August 09, 12:53pm

Re: Patagonia Wool Hoody
I tried one on--love it! Great athletic fit, but a hair loose, great pocket, comfy. Just hit our store this week. On my short list...

In GEAR » Ibex Hoody this Sept...
August 09, 12:49pm

Re: Re: Sleep System Critique
Another option branching off Monty's would be to use the VBL with your existing system--but layer your clothing over you blanket style inside the bag. It's worked reasonably well for me in ...

In GEAR » Sleep System Critique
August 07, 1:08pm

Re: A question for tarp campers
I think the tent would be an awesome choice for you. Personally, I wouldn't be concerned about the width-- 83" - 67" gives you 16 inches to play. If you assume that the walls slope in...

In Philosophy & Technique » A question for tarp campers
August 07, 1:04pm

Re: Hmmmmm
For the record, the "Really?" was of the "Why?" persuasion more so than questioning reality... If booze is what energizes you, just bring some, ya know? But if I could interest ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Energy Drink vs. Coffee
August 06, 11:02am

Re: Refuge-X: preliminary review
Allison- Thanks for a great review! Very detailed, nuance-oriented and insightful--good stuff.

In GEAR » Refuge-X: preliminary review
August 06, 10:55am

Disregard... answered my own question
Hi, all- Um, cheers!

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Sleeping Bag Build-up Problems
August 06, 10:10am

Lookin' Good
Jared, it's coming along great. It doesn't sound like you are, but don't worry about wavy stitch lines or having to unexpectedly alter something--it's all part of the fun! (And doin...

In Make Your Own Gear » tarptent for two and a few others
August 06, 9:00am

Cheers!
Hey, all. I was amazed by the beer powder. And, admittedly, a bit disappointed at the disappearance of some components... The beer powder/wine powder as "spice" thing is kinda interesting...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Energy Drink vs. Coffee
August 05, 4:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Brad Groves

Brad Groves has posted no reviews.