BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1573 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158

Forum » Thread

Re: Torso blanket
Graeme-Based on your real-world experience, I rechecked the theory and my back-of-the-envelope-calculations. Paraphrasing your post: "...comfort was increased from approximately 45F to approximate...

In GEAR » Torso Blanket
October 16, 2:02pm

Re: Torso Blanket
Theoretically your Torso blanket will cover about 18% of your body surface area. The 3 inches of incremental down torso loft coverage will provide approximately 19.7 clo *.18 = 3.5 clo of effective...

In GEAR » Torso Blanket
October 15, 5:26pm

Re: inVESTigating another layer
If you are comfortable camp/rest (sitting) in 35F temps, you current ensemble provides about 4.7 clo of total body insulation. To be comfortable at 30F you would need about 1.8 clo of additional to...

In GEAR » inVESTigating another layer
October 14, 12:59pm

Re: On the Wonderland Trail - July 2006
A wonderful report! Thank you

In Post-Trip Reports » On the Wonderland Trail - July 2006
October 13, 7:35pm

Re: Patagonia Puff Pullover
I am 5' 11" and 190 lbs. I own a size large and it easily layers over garments equal to its own .6" loft.

In GEAR » Patagonia Puff Pullover
October 11, 7:37pm

eVENT negates the benefits of wool?
I have read in BPL and multiple other sources that, "Wool is the most technical material you can use for underwear today. Wool will keep you dryer as it absorbs 10 times more water than synthetics....

In GEAR » eVENT negates the benefits of wool?
October 11, 1:17pm

Re: Re: $50 eVENT jacket from Teva
That is the jacket I ordered from them on 9/27. It was delivered today. My total price was $52.96 including the shipment to CA.

In GEAR » $50 eVENT jacket from Teva
October 04, 5:11pm

Re: coupon code eVENT jacket
I received my $50 eVENT parka shell today. After close inspection I am happy to report that this is a fully featured shell that is optimized for high exertion activities such as backpacking. It ...

In GEAR » $50 eVENT jacket from Teva
October 04, 3:31pm

Re: silk
The purpose of the underwear layer in cool / cold weather is to provide some warmth and to keep moisture away from the skin by transporting it to the next layer by wicking, or capillary, action. Ma...

In GEAR » Silk
October 03, 6:44pm

Re: Batteries and chargers
Maha makes a small, light, and intelligent charger that will handle any combination of AA and AAA. They also make a super charger that handles a wider variety of battery types.

In GEAR » Batteries and chargers
October 03, 8:47am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm