Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1580 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158

Forum » Thread

Re: Torso Blanket/Cold Sleeping System
Paul-The Alaska rain forests layering example is an extreme case in which I adapted the synthetic clothing insulation I needed for purposes other than sleeping. I kayak the Gulf of Alaska as well a...

In GEAR » Torso Blanket
October 20, 10:32am

Re: Torso Blanket/Cold Sleeping System
Bill, I think you are significantly along towards accomplishing your objective. Your down air mattress tube project should efficiently address bottom conductive and radiation losses. Your most r...

In GEAR » Torso Blanket
October 19, 11:13pm

Re: Torso blankert/CLO
James-Sorry, but I am not aware of any free source for the standard. Although by searching the Web, you can piece together more than enough EN 13537 standard information to use as a highly informed...

In GEAR » Torso Blanket
October 19, 8:27pm

Re: Sizing
Large

In GEAR » $50 eVENT jacket from Teva
October 18, 10:19am

Re: Sizing
True to size.

In GEAR » $50 eVENT jacket from Teva
October 18, 9:43am

Re: Materials Sourcing - Polarguard Delta
OWF's "Polyester Continuous Filament" is Polarguard 3D. They're not permitted to use the name in print, but if you talk to the nice ladies on the phone they'll tell you. They are closing it out b...

In Make Your Own Gear » Materials Sourcing
October 17, 8:22am

Re: Torso blanket
James-You got me! I apologize to you and poor Aaron, I could have frozen him... arrgh. 1. First 0.1 clo increase generally represents 1 deg F increase which would only get the temp rating to 0 d...

In GEAR » Torso Blanket
October 16, 4:35pm

Re: Torso blanket
Graeme-Based on your real-world experience, I rechecked the theory and my back-of-the-envelope-calculations. Paraphrasing your post: "...comfort was increased from approximately 45F to approximate...

In GEAR » Torso Blanket
October 16, 2:02pm

Re: Torso Blanket
Theoretically your Torso blanket will cover about 18% of your body surface area. The 3 inches of incremental down torso loft coverage will provide approximately 19.7 clo *.18 = 3.5 clo of effective...

In GEAR » Torso Blanket
October 15, 5:26pm

Re: inVESTigating another layer
If you are comfortable camp/rest (sitting) in 35F temps, you current ensemble provides about 4.7 clo of total body insulation. To be comfortable at 30F you would need about 1.8 clo of additional to...

In GEAR » inVESTigating another layer
October 14, 12:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm