BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1700 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ...170

Forum » Thread

A.M.
One way to use AM is to premix a days worth and keep in a small opaque dropper bottle, then keep in a dark place, like a pack or pocket. When getting water you add the necessary number of drops fo...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Concentrated Aquamira
December 16, 9:42pm

tragedy
Horrible tragedy . Unfortunately prosecuting really accomplishes little but to destroy another set of lives. Stupidity is not a defense. But the lesson for others is in the tragedy that alr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » dont chuck rocks off cliffs ...
December 16, 7:33pm

point
My point is, especially when having to pack out, even if you have the TP, try to minimize the use of it. Save it for the final cleanup, not the brunt of really messy work. Its still in your best in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing Out Unsavory Detritus
December 16, 5:37pm

not hard
Dont understand the problem. In 5 days I might take 3 poops. Would probably use a total of 3 baby wipes, if I took them at all. Packing them out in a couple of ziplocks is hardly difficult. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing Out Unsavory Detritus
December 16, 5:12pm

Re: Re: Loft
you read or hear x" loft, but that doesnt tell the whole story. A quilt very well may be consistent loft throughout. So may some bags.But not all bags. I know my WM megalite has signific...

In GEAR » Zpacks sleeping bags
December 16, 11:52am

Re: Re: elitism
"RE: Martin Please tell me you don't seriously believe that you're better than me because you subscribe to the BPL magazine." You will note that I used the term "dese...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 16, 9:25am

elitism
The fact is that persons who PAY to support this site so that it can be here and operate are basically subsidizing those that do not. Of course they can feel more deserving for doing this, and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 16, 8:38am

Re: DIY Alcohol Stove Design
Yep. Agree totally with the tealight. If you want a stove to use for a small solo 2 cup pot like SP600, thats all that is needed. But its just too simple for some. K.I.S.S.

In GEAR » DIY Alcohol Stove Design -- Basic Considerations
December 13, 7:05pm

gas
Actually, it is not illegal. You can get a fuel distillers permit from the government. There is quite a few enthusiasts that make their own ethanol fuel. The catch is they have to denature it, of...

In GEAR » making your own pure ethanol cheap
December 08, 7:45am

making your own pure ethanol cheap
No, not with a still. Not needed. Wondering if anyone tried this. I started thinking about this today for some reason. Some people cant buy everclear where they live. Some dont like MeOH in ...

In GEAR » making your own pure ethanol cheap
December 07, 7:36pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm