Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1807 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ...181

Forum » Thread

cuben seal
I found silicone thinned with mineral spirits ridiculously easy to remove from cuben to the point that I would say that it is not an acceptable way to seal a cuben shelter. I would look at tap...

In GEAR » Seam Sealing Cuben
March 09, 4:39pm

lifters
Load lifters need something to pull against to work. The problem with many UL frameless packs w/o stays, In my experience , is there is nothing. If you pack the pack tight enough for load lif...

In Gear Deals » Possible Backpack- Feedback Wanted
March 08, 6:24pm

circuit
My medium is 24" from bottom of belt to the top of the pack hoop. Before extension collar, etc. circumference at the very top of the extension collar is about 38" (19" wide laid ...

In GEAR » ULA Circuit Body Dimenions?
March 08, 4:05pm

tents
For car camping, you can pick up Eureka apex 2xt with fiberglass poles for about $75-80. This is about the lowest priced quality tent out there, (except for ALPS thru ScoutDirect where you get ALP...

In GEAR » Best ultralight 2 person tent for appalacian trail?
March 07, 8:18pm

2P tents
you intend to carry solo. If I were U, Id buy 2 shelters to serve the 2 needs. You can have a solo UL shelter you will love anywhere from 12-24 oz or so, and wont want to replace. And you c...

In GEAR » Best ultralight 2 person tent for appalacian trail?
March 07, 7:50pm

WTB 6' Summerlite
Looking for a 6' WM Summerlite in clean good condition to lighten up a scout for Philmont. R or L zip OK, doesnt matter. If youve got one, PM me and let me know what you want for it, and c...

In Gear Swap » WTB 6' Summerlite
March 07, 5:13pm

down
downs great, but if you have a down bag where you might get wet, either thru repeated nights of condensation or rain or falling in a water crossing, its prudent to have your insulation layer be som...

In GEAR » Montbell Ultralight Thermawrap or Patagonia Nano Puff
March 06, 4:43pm

nano vs thermo
I paid 90 for my nanopuff full zip on yr end closeout. In L it weighs 12oz, the Thermawrap in L weighs 10oz, and it is tighter fit, it isnt as roomy. If I bought the thermawrap, I might have to s...

In GEAR » Montbell Ultralight Thermawrap or Patagonia Nano Puff
March 06, 4:36pm

packs
order them both and try them, you will figure it out. they are quite different packs. The starlite is a much larger pack in reality than the circuit. Inside and out. The pad pocket is great, ...

In GEAR » ULA Circuit vs SMD Starlite for use on JMT
March 06, 4:24pm

lineloc
using taught-line hitches instead can actually save an ounce or so of wt on many shelters by eliminating the line locs. Still easily adjustable. Not sure why so many use the line locs, they are ...

In GEAR » Hexamid solo-plus microline locs
March 06, 4:19pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm