BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1652 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ...166

Forum » Thread

going heavy
It costs a lot of money to go to Philmont for lots of scout troops. Transportation alone can be several hundred dollars each, on top of the Philmont and miscellaneous gear costs each scout has. T...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Suggestions for ways to teach a ul course for scouts ?
October 12, 6:39pm

ams
7000 ft is pretty low, many persons with AMS retreat down to levels like that to feel better. If you get affected there, you likely have a predisposition. You realize Im sure that there are qui...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Get over elevation sickness?
October 12, 4:04pm

leaky
I dont have any experience with the frontier pro. I have a sawyer squeeze. It mates to platypus connection (basically 2L bottle). AND it has a foam washer to seal against the top of the...

In GEAR » leaky frontier pro filter?
October 09, 9:03pm

nope
Pressure does not depend on the quanity when you are talking about Vapor Liquid Equilibrium between a liquid and the vapor space. IF you had just pressurized gas, yes, you would be correct. Or...

In GEAR » how much (in grams) of pure propane can a 220g style can hold?
October 09, 8:00pm

mix
The vapor pressure of butane at 80F is about 23 psig, pure propane is about 128 psig. The 30% propane blend has a vapor pressure of around 54 psig at 80F. Pressure is dependent on the chemi...

In GEAR » how much (in grams) of pure propane can a 220g style can hold?
October 09, 7:24pm

alcohol
I like alcohol stoves. Simple, reliable, readily available fuel. There is a chart somewhere here on BPL that shows the cross between weight carried curves for alcohol and conventional backpackin...

In Philmont » alcohol stoves at philmont?
October 09, 4:35pm

wet
Ventillating a shelter with 100% relative humidity cold air...wont do much for you, except cut down on internal surface condensation while making you colder, and potentially having a dewpoint insid...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unmanageable wetness this weekend
October 08, 7:18am

dont know
The tooth of time store at philmont states that "esbit and alcohol stoves are discouraged" and that they dont sell the fuel for those. So.......maybe. It doesnt say they are prohibited. ...

In Philmont » alcohol stoves at philmont?
October 07, 8:02pm

moisture
Very good discussion on moisture management issues in high humidity environment.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unmanageable wetness this weekend
October 07, 7:46pm

wont work for you but..
a trick that can be used for painting polyethylene objects is to lick the surface with a flame, it changes it so that paint can adhere. Wouldnt try that though. There is a glue out there for PE ...

In Make Your Own Gear » What glue will bond polyethylene?
October 07, 5:31pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm