BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1734 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ...174

Forum » Thread

tarps
bears are conditioned to LOOK for food under the dining flys, where smells usually remain, which are simple tarps. They dont want open shelters that "bear" any resembelance .

In Philmont » Henry Shire's TarpTent Use at Philmont
January 01, 5:07pm

money left
If I ever end up with too much, we just get new prescription glasses or sunglasses. Eats up hundreds of dollars quick.

In GEAR » Spend your Flex Spending Account on new gear!
December 30, 7:31am

thanks!
Wow. I signed up for Mr rebates AFTER I had already puchased the WM summerlite. I went to Mr rebates site, clicked on backwoods and went there, etc. Even though I had already purchased the...

In Gear Deals » 20% off at Backwoods.com INCLUDING WM, + free shipping.
December 30, 7:26am

bottle ring.
Yes, there is. Take about 6" of cord, maybe 1/8" dia and make a loop somehow, tie the ends in a figure 8 knot or something, doesnt matter. Slide the loop thru a cordlock toggle, now...

In GEAR » Pop Bottle (ie Smartwater bottle) ring, to attach to a carabiner
December 29, 3:25pm

paid
Hopefully you paid with a credit card, or paypal or such, and less than 6 mo ago, so you can dispute the charges and have them reversed.

In GEAR » Any recent experiences with Big Sky International?
December 29, 1:57pm

darn
Now THAT would be an unbeateable WM deal. Maybe if I order another and cancel this one.... +$5.00 sign up bonus could make it $218!

December 28, 8:01pm

20% off at Backwoods.com INCLUDING WM, + free shipping.
20% off everything at backwoods.com. Including western mountaineering, AND free shipping. Just picked up a Summerlite for $252 OOPS. sorry, didnt see the post below already.

December 28, 7:27pm

Re: sizes that much different in Circuit v. Starlite?
You can fit very little in the front pocket on the circuit with a full pack. You can fit a LOT in the pockets on the starlite with it full. I tried a starlite extensively before going with a c...

In GEAR » Help! I need a new pack
December 26, 7:42pm

Re: Help! I need a new pack
The starlite is actually enormous compared to the circuit, If you use the huge external pockets too, the starlite would probably hold about 1.5x what a circuit will. 30-35 is pushing practicle...

In GEAR » Help! I need a new pack
December 26, 2:54pm

sue
I sympathize with the tragedy. But people need to take responsibility for themselves and their own protection, or we might as well forfeit access to everything. You do not have a right to be ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Family sues over girl's death at Big Four Ice Caves
December 24, 8:48pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm