Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Guest

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1956 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ...196

Forum » Thread

surgery
That would ruin your day. Maybe Philmont should put some metamucil in food drops

In Philmont » PHILMONT LESSONS...
July 05, 7:47pm

not mine
My son loves his, he has the new 2012 that has 1oz more of down in it. New prices are ridiculous now.

In Gear Swap » WTB: MontBell U.L. Super Spiral Down Hugger 30
July 05, 7:11pm

Re: ALWAYS MORE TO LEARN...
"2. Latrines. We had a scout who seemed to have reservations about using them. We discovered on day three that he had yet to go "number two" on the trail. This could have been a sign...

In Philmont » PHILMONT LESSONS...
July 05, 7:05pm

hangin
+++ to hanging the line first. Take your food bag (and maybe pack) with you while you do this, dont leave unnatended. Finding a good tree with right size limb 20-25' , can take a LONG ti...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Food Hanging Question.
July 04, 3:24pm

water
Ive carried 4.5L before, so has my 12yo son. A 2L platy actually holds 2.5. We put our two 1L bottles in side pockets on Circuit, and the 2.5 platy in the back pocket. Actually, we could fit 4...

In GEAR » Hauling water
July 03, 7:36pm

runners
I dont know if they can CAUSE knee problems. However, the faster pace, and longer mileage days possible with light wt runners and a light pack may very well cause issues that previously went un...

In GEAR » Trailrunners cause knee problems?
July 02, 8:11pm

philmont
Most are not really out for 12 days at philmont. You do a couple of nights on trail, and spend the rest at staffed camps and activities locations. Usually no more than one night on trail at a tim...

In Philmont » Sleeping Bags - 2012 / Crew 1st aid kit
June 29, 3:57pm

distress
Satellite based distress signals are a luxury we have today. Unfortunately they replace common sense and discretion too often. It is important to remember that NOBODY has any obligation to come...

In GEAR » Another Data Point for Those Considering SPOT (vs PLB)
June 28, 6:06am

half the country is having multi day highs above 100f, unprecedented. It was 105 again today where I am, at 5000'. No, I wouldnt say NOAA was lying to you, its freaking hot.

In Philmont » Sleeping Bags - 2012 / Crew 1st aid kit
June 26, 7:33pm

trail shoes
Runners are superior to boots everywhere, not just at Philmont. Seriously. If you dont believe, hike a few hundred miles of rocks, roots, water in each to make up your mind. I have hiked so...

In Philmont » A couple questions on Phlmont (tents, gaiters, boots).
June 22, 6:03pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm