Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1837 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ...184

Forum » Thread

bag
The comfort rating of that bag is 48F, 41F lower limit by EN rating. In july on the AT you are looking at AVERAGE low temps of probably 50 at highest elevations to 60+ at lower elevations How...

In GEAR » Montbell U.L. super spiral down hugger #5 ADVICE!!
March 21, 8:16pm

Brooksrange sleeping bag feedback
Im interested in feedback on the Brooksrange Alpini 30 bag. 11.7 oz fill, compared to 9 for the summerlite, leads me to believe its a real 30F rated , if not slightly lower, bag. But really no ...

In GEAR » Brooksrange sleeping bag feedback
March 21, 7:19pm

ohm
Well, the pad will take up the same amount of room no matter how you put it in there. Too thick of padding against back in the Ohm makes it less comfortable. Spread the pad out burrito like, o...

In GEAR » Packing an Ohm
March 21, 3:13pm

dang, it was 30 yesterday, today its 69.99

In Gear Deals » Android Phone at Best Buy: $30 activation not needed
March 19, 7:46pm

overfill
Most anyone going into conditions with night temps in the low 30s or less would have 1)light fleece for hiking and 2) puffy for camp and 3) long underwear with them anyway. The tenets of back...

In GEAR » Overfilling my WM bag
March 18, 7:19pm

overfill
forget the overfill, just shift the down. You dont need much (any?) beneath you. Why pack the extra weight for nothing, and also lose the ability to make the bag less warm in warm temps too by sh...

In GEAR » Overfilling my WM bag
March 18, 6:12pm

gear spreadsheet
you should look at the spreadsheet enough that you know every item in your packs weight by heart. Then you will set goals for yourself. then you start scheming on how to cut your base wt by trim...

In Gear Lists » New Gear Checklist and Pack-Weight Calculator App
March 17, 7:33pm

ultralamina
My son has an MH ultralamina 15. Its EN is 30 comfort/19 limit . He has slept comfortably 22-30 F at least half dozen times, never had a complaint that he was even cool. (I ask after every cold ...

In GEAR » Synthetic sleeping bags - best weight to warmth ratio
March 17, 11:07am

bags
Id take 10 too, but no one has volunteered to distribute.

In Gear Swap » FS: Nylofume Bags, Round 3
March 17, 5:17am

cuben/driducks hybrid raingear
been thinking about this. Seems that might be able to take driducks raingear, and easily lighten it by replacing some areas with lightest weight cuben, while maintaining other areas that are mo...

In Make Your Own Gear » cuben/driducks hybrid raingear
March 17, 5:13am

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm