BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1746 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: patents
"Martin That isn't the intent in the US. You have to disclose so it can be protected. It is protected so you can make $$$. This encourages innovation and research. You have it ass...

In Make Your Own Gear » My Caldera Clone
January 08, 7:23pm

patents
Some here dont understand patents. In exchange for DISCLOSING an invention, the inventor is granted the sole rights to profit from it for a period of time, provided they keep the patent registra...

In Make Your Own Gear » My Caldera Clone
January 08, 5:58pm

Cuben Haven prototype pic on SMD website
SMD has a couple pics of a prototype cuben Haven up on their website. Pics have some notes, etc. Taped waterproof seams!!! A tent that doesnt need to be sealed for a change.

In GEAR » Cuben Haven prototype pic on SMD website
January 08, 3:22pm

stuffing
also how has it been stuffed, how small, how many times? Some folks use compressor sacks, which really isnt good.

In GEAR » Life expectancy of down sleeping bags
January 07, 7:25pm

2nd if Andy falls thru
second in line if Andy falls thru. PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS Western Mountaineering Highlite 6'
January 06, 8:32pm

jam 69.99 at golite
golite has the jam for 69.99

In Gear Deals » jam 69.99 at golite
January 06, 3:01pm

pad
Even if you are cool,( not toasty), your back should still feel warm, you should be able to feel the warmth of the pad against you. If not, you simply dont have enough insulating pad. like oth...

In GEAR » Why am I freezing?
January 06, 5:54am

stove
that is why I use a small piece of felted insulation material under my stove...

In GEAR » When testing alcohol stoves-
January 04, 6:31pm

boil times
to kill the baddies in water, you need to heat it to 180F for a certain amount of time. Generally, if you just heat it until boiling, that has been proven to do it without maintaining temp after r...

In GEAR » The New MSR MicroRocket -- Trail Report #1
January 02, 7:01pm

list
Your gear needs may depend on what the others in your crew are taking. Is that defined yet? Are they all UL ? If not, you may be a bit out of place. Philmont is a crew adventure, not a solo adve...

In Gear Lists » Check out my August 2012 Philmont Gear list.
January 02, 6:51pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm