Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1994 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ...200

Forum » Thread

Re: Import costs: Canada to US?
I asked that question of Fritz b4 buying a BushBuddy std directly from him. His answer was "no customs fees since NAFTA". It was shipped postal and the postal services added no spec...

In Chaff » Import costs: Canada to US?
October 10, 9:21pm

More thoughts concerning Some More Thoughts...
Let me start by saying that I don't consider there to be one Right Way to use a ground cloth and for me, this discussion is not a "you're wrong, I'm right" thing. Just presen...

In GEAR » Groundsheet puncture resistance
September 22, 4:19pm

Re: Groundsheet puncture resistance
At 84 inches long, the Gossamer Gear spinnaker sheets are about 24 inches shorter than a 2C and 50 inches shorter than a 2R ... Warmlite's other models are longer. If you feel you must have a ...

In GEAR » Groundsheet puncture resistance
September 22, 12:22pm

Re: waterproofing
Victoria, Check with Dry Cleaning shops for wash-in wax products used to restore water repellance in canvas trench coats. But if you really want to pack water tight, check your library for a ...

In GEAR » waterproofing
September 17, 11:04am

Re: One comments
Owing to the low-stretch, low-sag qualities of spinnaker, and to the tent's taut pitch, lifters are absolutely not needed. This side sleeping 72" tall hiker found the One's head and...

In GEAR » GG One - What's wrong?
September 16, 12:17pm

Re: Y'all are insanely creatve
I sometimes wonder if this is actually a group of ex-cons that learned how to make the most out of what was available in a 6' x 8' jail cell. 6' x 8' cell? No self respecting ul...

In Multiple Use Gear » Y'all are insanely creatve
September 16, 7:24am

Re: VB Layers
Ryan Jordan also experimented with VB on his SUL winter challenge. He got too hot and it didn't work out for him. ... I think it didn't work out for him because the clothing he took wasn&#...

In Multiple Use Gear » Sil-nylon stuff sacks as VB socks?
September 11, 7:49am

Re: FS: 1/4" GG Thinlight pads
I'd like to buy one. I've sent you a paypal ID via PM The other pad is still available.

In Gear Swap » FS: 1/4" GG Thinlight pads
September 10, 11:34am

Sub 15 lbs Gear List
I suggestion if you buy Brett's Squall 2 and need to purchase a pole ... .344" diameter x .019" wall thickness Easton 7075 pole stock is typically used with UL shelters. It is th...

In Gear Lists » Sub 15 lbs Gear List
September 09, 9:01pm

SOLD
both pads are sold and shipped GG is selling their 1/4" ThinLight pads in 41x61 size only. I've cut one into three 20x41 sized pads but only want one so the other two are for sale. Th...

In Gear Swap » FS: 1/4" GG Thinlight pads
September 06, 6:13am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am