BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1843 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ...185

Forum » Thread

price reduced: Marmot Arroyo sleeping bag
description in the orginal post, price now $125 shipped to CONUS

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Arroyo sleeping bag
January 07, 12:47am

Re: Another question.....
If Jonathan is asking about something like the No Sniveler Quilt but with synthetic insulation, then yes, it's been done. But I haven't taken time to try to write instructions.

In Make Your Own Gear » Looking for quilt kit (synthetic)
January 05, 6:31am

duplicate post, sorry
I apologize for the dup post

In Gear Swap » Backpacking Book Swap
January 05, 5:40am

Re: Book Swap
Take a look at Paperback Book Swap But I doubt I could bear to part with my copy of A Sand County Almanac ... a lob pine for me in this modern urban "wilderness" I live in.

In Gear Swap » Backpacking Book Swap
January 05, 5:40am

Re: Arroyo Bag
Kip, If decide to contact me this weekend (beginning Fri), email will probably be best

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Arroyo sleeping bag
January 03, 10:31pm

Re: CLIMASHIELD at OWFINC
They do! .... but I didn't find it looking at their website, your info prompted me to download their complete catalog and search that. Interesting that their 2.5oz XP costs a more than thru-...

January 03, 10:14pm

Re: About quilt kit
thru-hiker sells 1.1oz 1sts and 2nds at a slightly higher price than OWF. If you are getting insulation from thru-hiker I think you'd end up with lower or comparable total cost buying both fr...

January 03, 5:13pm

Re: Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
Is this a case of the phenomenon Yogi Berra was thinking of when he said Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded. ??

In GEAR » Why Are We Even Still Here? was "A Very Thorough MYOG Site"
January 02, 12:52pm

Re: Re: Mitten Sock
I realized that if you put the tip of my thumb at the heel of the sock, it actually works like a mitten. Makes a good hand puppet too (triple use!)

In Multiple Use Gear » Mitten Sock
December 31, 3:59pm

Re: Henry S.
I have a feeling that if Henry Shires comes up with anything revolutionary, Franco's iron will may develop some definite cracks!:) Everyone has their own personal kryptonite;-)

In GEAR » Happy
December 31, 3:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am