Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 2277 | Page: 1 ...138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ...228

Forum » Thread

Modded Pinnacle
If you did anything creative to the Pinnacle I'd be interested in seeing how you did it. I think if the pack is comfortable and your baseweight is reasonable its not worth sweeting too much ...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail 2012 Gear List
February 16, 10:16pm

New Jam
I hope the new 35 liter Jam has a better hipbelt than the Peak its replacing. I think it would have worked well but the hipbelt just didn't fit well. David C has a whole discussion of hipbelt...

In GEAR » 2012 Golite Jam
February 16, 9:50pm

Re Every Noob needs this info
Probably a good idea Tad. I love all the "gear geak" articles here but a few times I've thought maybe we could us a few "Complete Idiot's Guides." I don't mean t...

In Editor's Roundtable » What a Scout Needs for Backpacking
February 16, 5:49pm

Cool
Cool how much will this thing carry? Is that a pocket for a pad behind the frame?

In GEAR » ZimmerBuilt something awesome for me
February 15, 6:16pm

Re Re Packs
Oh thanks Tad. Since you said most scouts do best with a frame in their pack I guess I was assuming you'd found a source of really light internal frame packs that I'd missed. By the way...

February 14, 9:03pm

Packs
He brough #10 cans of chili?!? Well maybe some of the Scout leaders around here should pool all their crazy stories into one crazy article. I'm curious you mention 1.8 pound packs, which on...

February 14, 7:31pm

Cool
Tad great article. I'm a big fan of anyone helping boys scouts or kids in general pack better. Thanks for putting it together. Your story at the beginnin about the "Checklist" pa...

February 14, 3:15pm

Re Re SUL Backpack Features
I made a SUL pack out of either 1.9 or 2.2 oz nylon (I don't know which it was). It had a very light sternum strap, small front pocket made of 1.1 nylon and a hipbelt. The total weight was 7...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpack Features
February 12, 9:11pm

Cilogear 45
Hey Damien I don't have a Worksak 45 to trade you but I thought I'd pass this on to you. I was under the impression that the bigger packs put more weight on your hips while the 45 liter an...

In Gear Swap » WTT: Cilogear 60L Work Sack
February 12, 2:43pm

Re Frito Pie
What Nutella is from Canada? Somehow thats seems appropriate. They have so much to put up with (Justin Beiber, snow in winter, bugs in summer, overly salted bacon, more Justin Bieber etc.). At l...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ditching the stove and my new SUL gear list
February 11, 10:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.