Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brad Groves (4quietwoods) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Michigan
About Me Mostly longer trips without resupply, in what usually seems to be cold and wet conditions. Over two decades of backcountry travel including backpacking and canoe tripping. I consider Marquette to be my home, but I currently live down-state. Many years as a buyer in specialty outdoor retail.
My PDF Gear Listalways changing

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brad Groves

Showing 1461 - 1470 of 1559 | Page: 1 ...137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156

Forum » Thread

Thanks!
Thanks for your comments, Michael and Colleen. When you've got the piece in your hands and you're noticing mostly errors, it's great to have the positive reinforcement--and empathies. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silk, Baffled, Hooded Down Vest
August 20, 8:56am

Re: MYOG quilt finished.
Looks good! Now that you've finally finished it, are you going to be using it on your bed for a while? ;P

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG quilt finished.
August 19, 12:36pm

Klean Kanteen Filter Adaptor
Okay, so I still carry a heavy ol' Katadyn Hiker water filter, haven't changed over to an Amigo-type system. If I can avoid plastics I generally do (and yes, that's an odd thing for an ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Klean Kanteen Filter Adaptor
August 19, 10:57am

Photos
Ok, weird. I did a pic test on test forum before posting, worked great, did exact same here, but 7 photos didn't go up. Trying again. If it doesn't work this time, I'll have to get some...

August 19, 10:40am

Silk, Baffled, Hooded Down Vest
Hi, all- It's been a busy week or two with the sewing machine. This was my first sewing project, not up to production standards yet... :( However, it is pretty cool-er, I mean warm. I ma...

August 19, 10:33am

another pic test
Hi, all- Getting ready to post on MYOG, want to make sure the pics go in right. Here goes. and to make sure they don't stack sideways or up... Off to check...

In User Test Forum » another pic test
August 19, 9:55am

Re: Mountain Hardwear Phantom 32 vs. Western Mountaineering Summerlite
Just some reinforcement-- What makes the SummerLite a superior bag is its much better loft and greater density of fill. No thin or cold spots to speak of, whereas I find the Phantom 32 does seem to...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear Phantom 32 vs. Western Mountaineering Summerlite
August 19, 9:25am

Re: Same old wood stove design, trying out a new material...
Colin, really innovative thinking. Cool! I find myself wondering if the ceramic fabric is porous enough to allow air flow / gassification without the grommets. All things considered, your creation ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wood stove experiment
August 16, 12:33pm

Not so much UL...
Yah, yah-- don't get me wrong, there's a fair bit of B...Baloney, too...

In Philosophy & Technique » intresting article ultralight hiking
August 15, 8:18am

Perspective
Hey, gang- Let's give our friends a bit of benefit of doubt. Most people who post here aren't tools; my guess is that Matt saw a reflection of himself in the article, and thought some of us...

In Philosophy & Technique » intresting article ultralight hiking
August 13, 9:20am

All Reader Reviews by Brad Groves

Brad Groves has posted no reviews.