Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1451 - 1460 of 1579 | Page: 1 ...137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Favorite Insulated Pants?
Dale-I use the newest model. They are nearly waterproof (Dryloft) and warm (Primaloft One @ .6" loft). The only down sides are that the newest model doesn't have a relief zipper and the weight for ...

In GEAR » Favorite Insulated Pants?
October 25, 2:16pm

Re: Good Book On Reading The Weather?
"The Weather Book", by USA Today. Awsome graphics make complex subjects easier to understand. My favorite. "Weather for Dummies", by John D. Cox. A distant second to the first selection but a go...

In Chaff » Good Book On Reading The Weather?
October 24, 10:29pm

Re: How to Search the Forums with Google
Paul-I also tried a search for Primaloft. Using the custom Google = 14 entries and Forum Search = 164 entries.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » REQUEST MORE FEATURES
October 24, 11:39am

Re: How to Search the Forums with Google
Paul-As a test I did a search based on "Richard Nisley" using your custom Google search; it listed 23 entries. I did the same search using the Search Forums option; it listed 14 entries. I re...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » REQUEST MORE FEATURES
October 24, 11:19am

Re: Gear List for a Mid-January AT Start
Bill-Your balloon bed (R value 1.01) was the weakest link in your prior sleeping ensemble test. I wouldn't recommend this type of pad below 70F. If you sleep on your stomach about 50%, back about 3...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for a Mid-January AT Start
October 21, 7:34pm

Picture Test
Lets see what happens when I insert a picture here. After that lets see where this text shows up.

In User Test Forum » Picture Test
October 21, 3:29pm

Bill's 0F Backpack Requirement Analysis Activity------------------Body clo Sleeping------------------8.78 Laying down---------------7.024 Sitting/Standing----------3.512 Walk around camp----...

October 21, 2:41pm

For any given temperature there will be a ~ 7.5 to 8.75 x difference between the pant's insulation you require when hiking versus use as a sleeping bag bottom.

October 21, 11:14am

Re: Own Bag
Roger-I am always happy when real world experience and technical theory match. It tends to give me more confidence in the theory <grin>. Even more importantly, when real world experience does...

In GEAR » Torso Blanket
October 20, 11:46am

Re: Torso Blanket/Cold Sleeping System
Paul-The Alaska rain forests layering example is an extreme case in which I adapted the synthetic clothing insulation I needed for purposes other than sleeping. I kayak the Gulf of Alaska as well a...

In GEAR » Torso Blanket
October 20, 10:32am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm