BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1451 - 1460 of 2000 | Page: 1 ...137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ...200

Forum » Thread

Frameless vs. Internal Frame Pack
Jay this issue gets debated a lot around here so there's not perfect answer, here are my thoughts. Frameless packs should be packed in such a way that they are stiff. The normal way it t...

In GEAR » Internal Frame vs Frameless Pack
November 29, 4:30pm

Re Re couple who starved baby lose 3 kids
You mean anorexie? Thats a tough one to deal with and I doubt it shows up on the social service radar as often. A girl may be anorexic for years before anyone realized theres a problem and by tha...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
November 29, 3:41pm

Sleeping Quilt? Bed?
I was thinking along the lines of taking a couple space blankets and making a sleeping quilt like this. For a jacket here's my problem. An insulated jacket has maybe 3-8 oz of insulation depe...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » natural insulation jacket idea
November 28, 8:37pm

Durablity of the Osprey
If you want to ask more about the durablity I could dig out my mom's Osprey pack and give you some answers. Its not as fragile as some UL packs but its not as heavy duty as some of the more tr...

In GEAR » Ladies advice - transition pack
November 28, 6:25pm

Re Re Re History and Question for Piper
"It should be noted that grain agriculture and civilization has always been based on slavery and short brutal lives filled with war. Grains and drugs were never meant to be "healthy"...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
November 28, 6:12pm

Re Re Circuit
Oh yes Sarah I know kids can hike a long ways. I meant spending extra money to save a pound on a pack probably wasn't worth it since they aren't doing 30 mile days. If I was going to spen...

In GEAR » Kids pack suggestions??
November 28, 5:31pm

Circuit
I have nothing against the circuit but it seems its no better than the other cheaper packs you could try on in person except for the fact that its lighter by about a pound on average. Thats nice b...

November 28, 4:52pm

Re Miguel
Well Miguel I think its way to drastic to but I think you misread one thing. Apparently the mom will get a second chance which is the one positive fact about the whole sorry storry. Here's ...

In Chaff » ‘Severely obese’ Cleveland boy taken from family, placed in foster care
November 28, 4:25pm

Re Done Deal
Beware! You might be stuck having to color coordinate her pack!

November 28, 11:49am

My list
My list is simple I want a helium filled backpack so I have a negative weight of about 80 pounds. In other words the pack will lift up on me. I will skip down the trail effortlessly covering 30-...

In GEAR » Dear Santa...
November 28, 10:11am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.