Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 1483 | Page: 1 ...130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149

Forum » Thread

Couple of suggestions
1) Don't worry about the joints, it will get better, or at least that was my experience. 2) On your non-hiking days try bumping up your speed. I would expect that you could exceed 3mph easily...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training for a speed hike.
February 02, 8:07pm

Tioga Road Open Date
Another thing to watch is Tioga Road Opening Date. This will vary year to year. See http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tiogaopen.htm for historic data on opening date. (july 1st is the latest ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vogelsang in early June
February 01, 9:16am

Vogelsang
I have done the trip you are proposing as well as many of the alternates. To answer your question, yes the route will be obvious, though you will have snow likely above 10k from the weather report...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vogelsang in early June
January 31, 8:52pm

anything you can eat
You will hear people talk about the ultimito diet with certain percentage of carbs, fats etc. I would suggest trying to max out on the calories, however you can stomach them. Everyone is differen...

January 31, 8:36pm

Giardia
Do some searches on Giardia. One little critter is not going to get you sick. For the last five year I have drank water untreated all over the sierra and once ended up with Giardia. I was stupid...

In GEAR » Steripen and thread contamination
January 31, 1:40pm

A small boyscout troop
Packs - 2 Jams, a Pinnacle and an REI UL65. All good packs. Tents - Tarptent and MSR Sidewinder 2. Bags - UL-20 and (3) REI 15deg bags. Pads - 3 total Plus the accessories. I ended up with...

In GEAR » Who stocks enough gear for others?
January 31, 1:26pm

GPS and Mapsource
Usually plot out course on computer, set a waypoint and then track with GPS. I haven't seen the inaccurracies unless they are in both the mapsource mapsets and GPS. I have no idea how they ha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you calculate mileage?
January 29, 5:50pm

Fast hike prep
Im looking to do the TRT (165mi) in 5 days in July and then the PCT in 2011 at a pretty good clip. I started doing 30mi day hikes with full pack once or twice a month starting in November. I am i...

January 29, 8:16am

John.....
Two questions come to mind. With the activity level you describe are you retired or independently wealthy? :-) Secondly with the amount of time you spend on the trail are you single or married? I w...

In Philosophy & Technique » How and where do you train for the trail?
January 25, 2:38pm

Chris, very timely.....
My next section of the AT is the exact area you hiked in, one more mile and Georgia is done (twice). Another area to consider for hiking is the area around three forks. There is a loop with t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Suggestions for GA, TN, NC or SC weekend trip
January 25, 2:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.