November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 1561 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: one more last thought, permit situation
+1 on Lamarck Col and Darwin Bench. One of my favorite areas,

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Needed: Advice on Permit Situation
April 21, 9:25am

Do you need anything
I did the JMT with a simple ridgerest and a Golite UL-20 and slept under the stars plenty warm. The air is cold but the ground shouldn't be much of an issue that late in the year.

In GEAR » Sleeping pad for the muir
April 20, 5:22pm

keep going
I would pitch the rain hat, down sweater and gloves. That is what I took on the JMT and SHR the last two years. Gloves liners and a wind shirt would be the first to add if I were adding anything.

In Gear Lists » Help with clothes list for JMT
April 20, 5:16pm

Lower cost alternative
I usually take one of a dozen variety of Hamburger Helper. You then buy a large can of dehydrated ground beef (MH or other) Usually you need milk, Nido is whole milk loaded with calories and an o...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on long distance food
April 20, 9:12am

Yes you can but I wouldn't
Your biggest issue will be the Valley through TM. I believe there is lockers at TM but it is about 24 miles straight uphill and to be legal you would have to do that in a day. Not impossible but ...

In GEAR » Ursak and the JMT
April 20, 7:49am

Re: 2010 John Muir Trail Gear List
I wouldn't carry that much in extra clothes. Call me crazy but I did the same trip with extra socks, Cap3 top and bottom and a barclava. If I did it today I would also add a windshirt.

In Gear Lists » 2010 John Muir Trail Gear List
April 19, 5:02pm

Max Daily Mileage and Why?
I'm sure there are some interesting stories out there on some very high mileage days and the various reasons why. I know the tru hikers have pizza crazed road marches to get into town. Let...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Max Daily Mileage and Why?
April 15, 6:47pm

JMT shoes
I wore Nike running shoes on my jmt hike. It's not that tough of a hike on shoes. MHO

In Editor's Roundtable » New Balance MT910GT Joggers Review
April 15, 6:44pm

Re: Space Alien Invasion.
Obama would meet with them and they would be our friends!

In Chaff » Space Alien Invasion.
April 14, 2:01pm

bottle brush
how about a brush to clean out baby bottles or something similiar?

In GEAR » Annoying Dr Bronners Platypus Residue
April 13, 8:15am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.