BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1441 - 1448 of 1448 | Page: 1 ...126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145

Forum » Thread

works for me
I also follow the guidelines you lay out and I have yet to have a visit by maurauding nighttime Sierra bears after dozens on trips between Yosemite and Sequoia. But my theory why I've been luc...

In Philosophy & Technique » bear avoidance & cooking
November 07, 3:13pm

Bearvault in Jam2
I can pack either one of the bearvaults in my jam2 without any problem. I pack my UL-20 quilt on bottom sideways and the bearvault and tarptent side by side with a Ridgerest in the front as the &q...

In GEAR » More California bear canister packing woes...
November 07, 3:07pm

North Yosemite 11/13-15
Anyone interested in a trip out of Hetch Hetchy next weekend. The trip is flexible but if I do it solo I was planning on hiking out of canyon up the switchbacks and joining the PCT in Jack Main C...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » North Yosemite 11/13-15
November 07, 2:59pm

Ridgerest
I hike the sierras about once a month year round and only when camping on the snow do I take something different. For snow I ADD a thermorest prolite 3 and I also throw the jam2 under my feet.

In Gear Lists » Going from 15 to 10
November 03, 2:01pm

Here's 45oz
Here's a start. 1) Your jam2 can be stripped down to about a pound. (-6oz) 2) You can switch out sleeping pads and use a ridgerest short and use the pad folded up as the frame for your pack (...

In Gear Lists » Going from 15 to 10
November 02, 4:45pm

Another approach
Did the JMT last year in nine days and over half the SHR this year and those trips taught me that that Im better off with lower density foods that I can actually eats vs. high calorie per ounce foo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Calorie Deficit Question
August 19, 11:36am

The Southern 100 miles
Just completed the southern 100 miles of the SHR last week and here are very current conditions for this year. 1) I would do S to N for all the reasons that Roper lays out. 2) We took two trekkin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra High Route discussion
August 17, 2:27pm

Ultra20 for $135
If wife kicks me out at least I'll have a warm place to sleep!!!

In Gear Deals » 40% Off Golite
June 08, 6:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.