Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 1477 | Page: 1 ...129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148

Forum » Thread

GPS and Mapsource
Usually plot out course on computer, set a waypoint and then track with GPS. I haven't seen the inaccurracies unless they are in both the mapsource mapsets and GPS. I have no idea how they ha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you calculate mileage?
January 29, 5:50pm

Fast hike prep
Im looking to do the TRT (165mi) in 5 days in July and then the PCT in 2011 at a pretty good clip. I started doing 30mi day hikes with full pack once or twice a month starting in November. I am i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training for a speed hike.
January 29, 8:16am

John.....
Two questions come to mind. With the activity level you describe are you retired or independently wealthy? :-) Secondly with the amount of time you spend on the trail are you single or married? I w...

In Philosophy & Technique » How and where do you train for the trail?
January 25, 2:38pm

Chris, very timely.....
My next section of the AT is the exact area you hiked in, one more mile and Georgia is done (twice). Another area to consider for hiking is the area around three forks. There is a loop with t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Suggestions for GA, TN, NC or SC weekend trip
January 25, 2:30pm

denali tails
I regularly use the 6" tail on my denali evo ascents up in the sierras. I have only not been able to use them a couple times with very firm snow conditions. Haven't even noticed a differ...

In Winter Hiking » snowshoe "floatation tails"
January 23, 6:54pm

Last Year
Was up in that neck of the woods last 4th of July. Crossed evolution creek a bit upstream from crossing without any problems. This year, who knows, the area just got almost 4' of snow since I...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Piute Pass to Bishop Pass in July
January 22, 12:36pm

Pinnacle
I put my MSR Denali Evo Assents (with tails) into the side pockets and strapped them in with the compression straps when hiking. Putting them on the sides distributed the weight much better than s...

In GEAR » best winter pack for carrying snowshoes
January 21, 11:46am

My Pain and Punishment
Nearly daily elliptical and a 30+ mile dayhike about once a month up on the AT. I also do a trip in the sierras about once a month year round (backpacking/snowshoeing) so I stay in pretty good sha...

In Philosophy & Technique » How and where do you train for the trail?
January 16, 1:47pm

Nightmares
Thanks for the video of snow tongue and frozen lake passes. It is bringing back the memories of the miles of talus that we "danced" across. We did the section from Roads end to Reds Mea...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route Video and Pictures
January 15, 1:53pm

contrail
1) heavy snowfall or winds expected - no tarptent 2) no ground clothe 3) Tarptent=Tarp + Bivy, so no bivy, would switch to lighter weight tarp with bivy.

In GEAR » Tarptent questions
January 02, 5:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.