Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 3165 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...317

Forum » Thread

Re: ReadyFuel
Low energy density, high cost. Only if you really needed the option to transport it on a scheduled air flight. I actually need that trait at times, but just use wood or wax instead.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » ReadyFuel
September 07, 10:19am

Re: Re: where to buy stuff for less shipping?
>"Some companies try to do 99% of their shipping via UPS. Why? Because UPS gives them a kickback. " Or 100%. That's when we see $40 shipping on top of a $25 purchase price. Be...

In GEAR » where to buy stuff for less shipping?
September 06, 5:13pm

Re: Re: fitness level
"between six kids at home and work I don't have any time left for workouts/runs/etc. " Going upstairs and downstairs doing laundry, mowing the lawns (one is a soccer field), moppin...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT in a Week
September 06, 1:05pm

Re: where to buy stuff for less shipping?
Yeah, Go-lite is one of the worse. I used to click on their link for a "sale" (that never ends, it seems), select a chrome dome sunbrella or even a tent until I saw the shipping costs. ...

In GEAR » where to buy stuff for less shipping?
September 06, 12:57pm

Re: You've got lots of options
+1 on small condiments packs. However they preserve them works well. +1 on meats, hard cheese and yogurt for a day or two or three. just not the issue that Americans with their gigantic refrig...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Meals when any fires are forbidden
September 06, 9:36am

Re: Thanks guys and gals
Kiel: One way to view differences in interests is as "the price of admission" to the relationship. Since you're not going to find anyone who is 100% compatible in everything you do ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips to convince wife to let me go solo and still be around when I come back...
September 04, 8:42pm

Re: trail clearing / Baton Wood
I too, like lopers for trail clearing which, in my area, is mostly alders. Machettes are popular with dog mushers who want to widen a trail or remove an offending branch. But they do their tr...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using Knife to Baton Wood
September 04, 3:36pm

Re: Special moment with my Son
"A Child Shall Lead Us"? One of our house rules is that kids play outside every day it is over -20F. We'll let them come in after 5-10 minutes at -10F. Life goes better for every...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Special moment with my Son
September 04, 3:28pm

Re: Plantar fasciitis, boots, and the sawyer squeeze
Jennifer: Thanks for the informative post. Sometimes, it takes a thoughtful person within a profession to give some perspective. When you're selling orthotics (hammers), everyone looks like a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
September 04, 12:25pm

Re: Backpacking in Southeast Asia
Google "hiking club Bangkok", "hiking club Manilla", etc. I've done that while traveling and my wife has done it for rowing clubs in various states and countries. Ask if can...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in Southeast Asia
September 04, 1:37am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.