Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2909 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...291

Forum » Thread

Old and new
Brian, I'll readily agree that GPS is here to stay and, like magnetic compasses, sharp edges, and clothing; we're not going back. Here's a last-generation example of the useful of...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is GPS All in Our Heads?
June 21, 12:30am

Re: The Lazarus GPS thread
>Did the real Bob Gross resurrect a thread that is 16 months old? The real Bob Gross can post about GPS whenever he wants. Just like "Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.", the...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is GPS All in Our Heads?
June 20, 8:50pm

One or two of the three
Back-up lights have become much less important with the durability of LEDs and the long battery life IF your light will put out with low batteries. I have one LED light (that I no longer trust) th...

In GEAR » Missing "essential" items: backup light, whistle, and fire starter
June 20, 8:44pm

Re: Escape Pod Cooler - unscientific test
Looks like an interesting option to be aware of. It is, of course, reflecting IR off the outside and has some R-value through the bubble-pack. I've used that material in a few projects and I ...

In GEAR » Escape Pod Cooler - unscientific test
June 20, 8:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Three and a half Essentials
>"use space blanket instead of bag" And the metallic coating helps prevent them from scanning your brain waves! Bouncing IR (in during cold, away when in the desert) is a plus. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aron Ralston and the Ten Essentials
June 20, 3:43pm

Three and a half Essentials
Where I am, it is a very odd trip when I have all 10 along. 1. Map - absolutely if I'm going someplace new, but there are places I know more accurately than the map. 2. Compass - likewise...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aron Ralston and the Ten Essentials
June 20, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Stabbing
>"A knife to cut the sack cleanly. Scissors to cut the vas deferens. " Oh, Doug, this brings back memories! I did get complimented on my shaving job. I figured if I didn't...

In GEAR » Sharp Thing Nirvana?
June 19, 8:21pm

Doug is spreading
Doug, >What keeps the legs from continuing to move outward at the bottom? I think the triangle of material at the top stops the legs from spreading. If you were getting more spreadin...

In Make Your Own Gear » 5.5 ounce Camp Chair
June 19, 8:19pm

It's only logical
A Jetboil, with the heat exchanger on the bottom of the pot, extracts more of the heat from the flame. That uses less fuel (duh!), but it also means the gases coming up the side of the pot are coo...

In GEAR » Logic Check: Pot Insulater
June 19, 5:12pm

Heavier but far cheaper.
Props for a great effort and an informative post. When I'm in hunting-sherpa mode (they shoot critters, I haul meat), I'm going with guys who still bring frickin 15- and 20-pound camp chai...

In Make Your Own Gear » 5.5 ounce Camp Chair
June 19, 5:02pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.