BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2287 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...229

Forum » Thread

Re: UL multi tool of choice
Victorinox Classic mini Swiss Army Knife. Very compact and lightweight. Small blade, scissors (good ones), nail file/slotted screwdriver, toothpick, tweezers. The first UL hack is to pop off...

In GEAR » UL multi tool of choice
April 28, 11:13pm

Re: Financing the UL lifestyle
Being a professional couple in a rural area (cheap land hence that biggest expense of urban professionals gets greatly reduced), we each work part-time. We juggle our schedules to work in family (...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Financing the UL lifestyle
April 28, 11:00pm

Re: Triangle
Randy: I agree with you on (1) being around to negatively reinforce black bear behavior (in California, at least. In the northern Rockies, some black bears can behave more aggressively). (2) Don&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bears bears bears
April 28, 10:38pm

Re: Inspiring
>"I decided to stop while I was feeling good to make sure I don't hurt anything" That was my thought process today in dropping, limbing, and bucking one - count 'em one - 40...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 28, 10:34pm

Speaking of National Park trips
Anyone without a National Park Annual Pass going to a national park in May? PM me if so. I'd thought I'd start with that offer here in the R2R2M thread and offer it to my betters first. ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
April 28, 10:26pm

Re: Re: Bears bears bears
> They *can* tell if it is real food or just the smell of food. +1 James. My dog does this, too. Based on the "signal strength" of the smell, you'd think a crumb up close wo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bears bears bears
April 28, 11:30am

Re: Nutella question
Tom, the plastic containers it comes in aren't bad on weight/volume. And the lids are pretty secure. If the amount you're planning to use is more of less than the factory plastic contai...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Nutella question
April 27, 10:24pm

Re: RE: Home on the Highway
It's been great following your posts. Thanks!

In Other Activities » Home on the Highway - San Francisco to Ushuaia, Argentina in an 87 4Runner
April 27, 5:46pm

Re: Re: Re: Compression tights vs Longjohns
Matt - I'm with your wife on the form-fitting garments not being unpleasant cold because sweat has been evaporating all along. But I think of form-fitting as being stretchy, not compressive.

In GEAR » Compression tights vs Longjohns
April 27, 5:30pm

Re: Compression tights vs Longjohns
>"Compression tights are useful for lengthy air travel to help prevent deep vein thrombosis." My MD wife sometimes pushes a baby aspirin on me before a cross-country redeye on which...

In GEAR » Compression tights vs Longjohns
April 27, 5:28pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.