Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2967 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...297

Forum » Thread

DIY gels. Cause, really, we all want to be chemical engineers.
>"David, from the standpoint of safety in use, I would think that Esbit is about the same as Sterno." Bob, I'd agree Sterno or Esbit are each far, far safer than a wood-burning ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Fire Restrictions
July 03, 7:01pm

Gels versus solids
> "jellied petroleum" > That's almost the same as Esbit, I would think. Well, Napalm (single-serving yogurt cups plus gasoline, in retail terminology). But I suspect they...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Fire Restrictions
July 03, 4:18pm

Re: Groupthing vs crowdsourcing
>groupthink becomes problematic when members of the group are trying to "manage their presentation of self" (ie, impress). Brainstorming and other such ideas do not work well as long a...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Politics of Cottage Consumption
July 03, 3:43pm

Smoke (signals) and mirrors
>"Tracking is an option with the Spot - or the Inreach - but plenty of us don't see value in it. " Will: I'm not a fan of SPOT, but I can see the value in tracking. Stuff c...

In GEAR » Personal Locator Beacons...
July 03, 3:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Nothing always works: some comments in the defence of the SPOT
I had what is now an older, bigger unit. Purchased in 2008. I wish you could ping the PLB system and learn about it, but of course, that isn't allowed. Maybe I'm being unfair to SPOT ...

July 02, 11:04pm

Re: Nothing always works: some comments in the defence of the SPOT
I owned and used a SPOT for 3 years and have gone to the ResQlink. Rob, your points all have some validity, but my experience differs in several areas. To keep your numbering scheme: 1) un...

July 02, 10:12pm

Cooking Fish w/ Canister Stove? Yep.
Add excess liquid, wrap in foil, poach over the stove. I do whole salmon that way over the grill sometimes. Less smoke and fried fish smell if you poach it. Bring a few pinches of lemon seasoning o...

In Fishing » Cooking Fish w/ Canister Stove?
July 02, 6:03pm

Re: Triptease "For Guylines Only"? ...Why?
It looks goofy when you use it for a bolo tie. Like a cross between disco and an Arizona rancher.

In GEAR » Triptease "For Guylines Only"? ...Why?
July 02, 4:58pm

Re: ONLY metal shovels
In a "gilding the lily" or perhaps OCD category, akin to honing a fire-fighting axe and then placing masking tape over the edge so as not to slice oneself prior to use: You can put a g...

In Winter Hiking » Lifeline Aluminum Utility Shovel
July 02, 1:47pm

PBB
PBB: How about those fried banana chips? Often found in the bulk, "health food" section. It would make a crunchy sandwich or you could do it "chips and dip" style. I avoid the...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Going Stoveless - Cold Food for Thought
July 02, 1:00pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.