Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2748 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...275

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Thermometers
>"Could the probe thermometer double as a fever thermometer? Easy enough to check at home. Take your temperature throughout the day with your probe thermometer. If is it within a range...

In GEAR » thermometer
February 17, 7:03pm

Re: Re: has anyone tried to dehydrate syrup
>"I'm not aware that there is any way to get the water out of syrup except by cooking it out." There's an off-the-grid producer of birch syrup in Alaska that uses a reverse ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » has anyone tried to dehydrate syrup
February 17, 12:21pm

Re: Re: AcuRite $6 Thermometer
Interesting: Due to federal restrictions, this item cannot be returned by air mail. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and other overseas locations can return this item to a Walmart store....

In GEAR » thermometer
February 17, 12:15pm

Re: on being a philosopher ...
What we said in the College of Chemistry at Berkeley was, The Chemical Engineers just want to be Chemists. The Chemists just want to be Physicists. The Physicists just want to be Mathematicia...

In Pre-Trip Planning » The begining of the rest of my life.
February 17, 12:08pm

Bob Gross
>"Why hasn't Bob Gross responded to this thread yet? That is what I want to know." Right now, he's probably baking some Indian soap root for 12 hours so he serve it with the...

February 17, 12:03pm

Re: Re: The begining of the rest of my life.
I'll chime in here with my fellow R2R2Rers, Eugene and Craig, (although they were in better shape for the event): People do this. I know people who have done this and people who are doing t...

February 17, 12:00pm

Re: Train shuttles
The Alaska Railroad describes itself as the "last whistle-stop" railroad in the country (at least in the off season). Tell them where you want to get off and/or flag them down (I'm g...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Train shuttles
February 16, 4:30pm

Neolithic heat diffuser
Running a 130,000 BTU/hour burner for a portable hot tub, I was melting my HX tubing until a put a rock over the burner. It functioned as a flame spreader and fixed the problem. I'm not sug...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Lighter weight heat diffuser for Outback Oven
February 16, 10:16am

Re: building snow arches
Tensioning it like a bicycle wheel is a brilliant idea. Potentially the pole(s) are the same as for your back-up tent (you know, the one you bring in case the snow-cave-building conditions aren...

In Winter Hiking » Building snow arches
February 15, 11:37pm

Re: Re: Re: As Commander Data said,
Daryl, I understand the need to accommodate a head that is larger than your neck. But, looking at how the foam pad splays out during the night, what if you don't cut the sternum-to-belly-bu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Foam Vest Meets Fishnet
February 15, 11:23pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.