Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 3028 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...303

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: "Red Cross Wilderness and Remote First Aid"
Back in the day when it was "stone knives and bear skins" to quote Spock? It has come up in two forms: changing recommendations about snake-bite treatment and stopping students from de...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Red Cross Wilderness and Remote First Aid
July 16, 5:26pm

Re: "Red Cross Wilderness and Remote First Aid"
I taught some of the first WAFA courses (a 52-hour version) at the Berkeley Red Cross in the mid 1980's, and yes, it is hugely dependent on to the instructor and to some extent on the other stu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Red Cross Wilderness and Remote First Aid
July 16, 3:30pm

Re: Why do I gain weight after a hike?
Congrats on all you've accomplished so far! Long-term, more exercise plus a calorie deficit and you will get there. Use an app to track calories and exercise - it makes it like a video game ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Why do I gain weight after a hike?
July 16, 9:56am

Weed-blocking fabric
There is a very heavy version, more properly called "geotechnical fabric" used during road construction or under sand/ gravel in a playground. There are much lighter weights in small roll...

In GEAR » Is a groundsheet really necessary?
July 16, 9:38am

Rex and Bob
Rex: I guessed the correct state. But, Wow!, half the land rescues are basically from one 3,000-person town, or at least their 6,000-person borough. Edited to add a thought: with so many resc...

In GEAR » Personal Locator Beacons...
July 16, 12:52am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is a groundsheet really necessary?
Oh, I suspect that after a long trip, Roger has a lot of scents.

July 15, 5:12pm

Re: Lightest stuff sacks?
I agree with Mike: Don't count on zip locks keeping things dry. They will keep things drier, for a while. But pills need more protection such as small nalgene screw-tops. And for electronics...

In GEAR » Lightest stuff sacks?
July 15, 5:10pm

Re: Re: Is a groundsheet really necessary?
> My 2c > Cheers I thought Australia demonetized their one- and two-cent coins 20 years ago. So I think the smallest bit of advice you can now offer is 5 cents. Back on topic: I don&#...

July 15, 5:04pm

Re: car camping tent
A different approach to consider: You have one tent. It's just too small. Get another tent and use both (this is for car camping, right?). I have and liked: http://www.sierratradingpost.c...

In GEAR » car camping tent
July 15, 3:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Ecology
>"David, you ought to get some Fireweed started in Alaska." LOL SAT analogy question: Fireweed is to Alaska like A) Chevys are to Detroit B) Nipple rings are to San Franc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My forest is burning!
July 15, 1:05pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.