BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2592 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: Thermocouple electric generator and mounting to the chimney of a wood stove.
I've thought about this a fair bit, played a little in the garage (easy when you're on 13 acres), and have bought and used the BioLite wood stove / thermocouple USB charger. A few thought...

In GEAR » Thermocouple electric generator and mounting to the chimney of a wood stove.
January 06, 6:54pm

Re: 5g UL backpacking knife
That explains a lot about all diner waitresses over 40.

In GEAR » 5g UL backpacking knife
January 06, 6:23pm

Re: Anyone know Willy?
My grandfather was named John Thomas. His son was my Uncle Dick. Not sure if they didn't know, or knew but didn't care.

In Chaff » Anyone know Willy?
January 06, 6:21pm

Re: Getting older, as good as u were 10 years ago?
My standard is that I "hike my age" by which I mean a 51-mile day hike this year. I don't always find the time to condition beforehand and can block out a whole day every year, but I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Getting older, as good as u were 10 years ago?
December 27, 12:02am

DIY to the rescue with pics
I tried a tongue depressor and the small bit of wood at the pot end split. So I tried 1/8" plywood and it worked well. I wrapped it a little more than once, hammered it flat, pop-riveted it ...

In GEAR » How goes your going pot gripperless?
December 24, 1:45pm

Mainly Yosemite
Within Yosemite itself for day hikes, everyone goes to the Valley which has the issue of only flat hikes within the Valley or pretty steep hikes up out of the Valley. It sounds like this son isn&#...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Major road trip to western parks - mainly Yosemite
December 24, 11:06am

DIY to the rescue
The standard, folding pot grippers are universal - they fit any pot rim. You, on the other hand, only need the gripper to fit ONE pot - yours. Hence, it needn't be folding, just with a slot c...

In GEAR » How goes your going pot gripperless?
December 24, 10:30am

Re: Major road trip to western parks - mainly Yosemite
Where are you starting /ending from? Sequoia /Kings Canyon from the East is either Whitney or access to the PCT from a few high trailheads. The big trees and caves (more caves than any other CA...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Major road trip to western parks - mainly Yosemite
December 22, 10:32pm

Re: Spoiled for choice
It's been 8 months, but: "I love the taste but it does horrible things to my digestive system" I get that with some beer and more so with some beer/food combos. Beans - not goo...

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
December 21, 6:47pm

Re: Lead?
One advantage to lead as an anode is that it is very resistant to corrosion and plating solutions have to very acidic, basic, or salty to carry the current. I'd think if you had a good conne...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anodizing Aluminum
December 20, 10:26pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.