Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2668 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...267

Forum » Thread

Sling the rock bag
I, too, hate having a sore shoulder from repeatedly attempting to throw a fair-sized rock again and again. "However - if you must hang, you need to learn to sling your rock up into the tree...

In Philosophy & Technique » Any advice for bear bagging?
January 27, 6:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Computer Pranks
Daryl: Part of the post-joke discussion was how to avoid such problems in the future. The next year, he followed our plan and had remedy instructions in a sealed envelope.

In Chaff » Computer Pranks
January 26, 9:15am

Re: Stuffsack-with-straps as a daypack
2.4 ounces, 20 liters / 1220 cu inches. Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Packable Day Pack. $32.95 at REI. http://www.rei.com/product/799600/sea-to-summit-ultra-sil-packable-day-pack My longest day ...

In GEAR » Stuffsack-with-straps as a daypack
January 26, 8:53am

Re: 2X Fosters cans = windscreen
I like the idea above of folding the edges for stiffness and a smooth edge. For joining the two halves: How about drilling/punching holes and running a Ti tent stake though the holes? Have one ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fosters can X2 windscreen
January 26, 7:48am

Re: Sidetracked
Dan, For an insulating base, I like your idea of wood interspaced with Ti. If you have sheets of Ti laying around. But if not, I've had good luck just building a thick base of wood - muc...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Windscreen Design
January 26, 12:31am

Re: Computer Pranks
>Do you have good friends who don't know a lot about computers Yes. > but like to have pranks played on them? No. When my son was 10, he was very into April Fools jokes. He...

In Chaff » Computer Pranks
January 26, 12:25am

Flying with wood
Bob, Yes, shipping pallets make pretty good firewood. Well seasoned. They are commonly used in treeless, Western Alaska to fire steam baths. Often easy to split (although very hard to pry apart)...

In GEAR » Tips on flying with Backpack in checked in baggage
January 25, 9:18am

Re: Cost-Per-Use
Some combat shooters say, "Beware the man with one gun." (versus 20) - the thought being he knows how to use it really well. Should we "Envy the man with one sport?" Sure, L...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cost-Per-Use
January 24, 11:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tips on flying with Backpack in checked in baggage
> You can put a bottle of liquor in your checked bag Agreed. > but only if it is a factory sealed bottle of liquor Not clear to me from the guidelines. I see "Must be in retail...

January 24, 11:16pm

Re: matches and lighters
Dale: You can (currently) carry on matches OR a lighter when flying. But that is a change. It used to be that you couldn't. I take about 8 flights per month and still get surprised at time...

January 24, 10:04pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.