BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2356 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...236

Forum » Thread

Re: The visor and bandana combo
Here's another approach done with foam for the incredibly high price of $0.67 each: http://www.consumercrafts.com/store/browse/catalog/kids-foamies-foam-visors-and-tiaras/1/40?sw=Visors&...

In GEAR » The visor and bandana combo
July 02, 10:51pm

Re: The visor and bandana combo
I have at times gotten large, silk bandanas from Sierra Trading Post, although their stock comes and goes. Marked down to about $10 for a 32 x 32" or maybe 36 x 36". There are some no...

In GEAR » The visor and bandana combo
July 02, 10:49pm

Re: Fishing in Desolation Wilderness?
A limit of 5, I heard in a fishing shop in South Lake Tahoe last week. If the lake is not being planted with fish, or ridiculously off-trail, whatever fish are in it will be pretty wary and hard t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Fishing in Desolation Wilderness?
July 02, 10:34pm

Re: Custom maps with trails?
That's why Greenwich England is located where it is - to maximize map sales. The nice places are on the edges of two maps and the really nice places are on the corners of four maps.

In GEAR » Custom maps with trails?
July 02, 10:30pm

Re: John Muir Hut- vandalism
"Why?" Testosterone poisoning? It is easier to imagine someone with a trail name of "Hollywood" doing this than "Sunshine" or "Yoda".

In Philosophy & Technique » John Muir Hut- vandalism
July 02, 10:28pm

Re: Re: YMMV
You can test it, beforehand. Leave a bit on the counter stored as you intend for your trip. Actually, make up 3 little batches. Try them on day 2, 4, and 6. Sniff first. Then taste on a cracke...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » carrying pesto
July 02, 10:23pm

Short length, definitely
If the regular is 72" and the short is 66", that is not the length of the bag, that is the height of the human. Those are very typical allowances from most manufacturers. Any shorter an...

In GEAR » Regular or Short length?
July 02, 10:15pm

Gender, age, politics
Roberts is second youngest on the court and the majority averaged 64.2 years old, while the dissenters averaged 69.7 years old. Generally, among 9 supreme court justices, voting for this decision ...

In Chaff » Girls Against Boys in a 5 to 4 World
July 02, 6:17pm

On the other, other hand
I agree with Bob not to order more than you need in the short term, most are available with no shipping charge. If you still have the camera in a few years, any old batteries will have degraded so...

In Photography » Camera Batteries
July 02, 5:57pm

Re: Camping/Hiking with a small child (<1 year)
We started at 5 months in a grizzly-infested campsite (Brook's Camp, Katmai National Park) and the diapers, sleeping bags and tent didn't show up. Everyone is very nice to you when you'...

In GEAR » Camping/Hiking with a small child (<1 year)
July 02, 5:53pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.