BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2474 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...248

Forum » Thread

Fretting about Yosemite.
>"Hanta virus has killed three recent tourists, possibly infected up to 10,000 (not likely, but they are notifying at-risk guests) and is being investigated by the CDC. There's never be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Transportation in Yosemite in October
September 09, 12:06am

Re: Recycling Old Sleeping Bags, suggestions?
When I worked in a backpacking store, we'd take people's tents, sleeping bags, etc, in for cleaning by a speciality cleaner who'd come in once a week to pick up / return customers items...

In Make Your Own Gear » Recycling Old Sleeping Bags, suggestions?
September 08, 1:02pm

Re: Shoes that can do anything...
>" light backpacking, hiking, going shopping, vacations, going to the gym, going for an occasional jog, even to wear to work on casual Fridays..." I do all those things in Salomon&#...

In GEAR » Shoes that can do anything...
September 07, 2:30pm

Well said, Dena
Certain threads seem to predictably go screwy: gun vs bear; wilderness permits versus commando camping; dog vs human. Feelings run high, and beliefs differ and facts don't matter much. I te...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
September 07, 1:30pm

Re: Re: bird
Jerry: No, Cheney was out shotgunning and mistook the bird for a lawyer.

In Chaff » What killed this hawk?
September 07, 9:20am

Re: All I want are some socks...but the shipping cost...OMG!
"Could it be that to send a parcel O/S you actually need to go to the Post Office yourself and fill up the forms ?" That's what I do - there are forms to fill out. But I live in a...

In GEAR » All I want are some socks...but the shipping cost...OMG!
September 06, 11:03pm

Re: What killed this hawk?
No obvious signs of trauma, but we have big picture windows and when the outisde reflections are strong, we get bird strikes. They don't appear "broken" in their head, neck, etc, alt...

In Chaff » What killed this hawk?
September 06, 10:59pm

Re: WTB Shock Cord
Randy, A meter of 1/8" and a meter of 3/32" went out in the mail to you this morning. -David

In Make Your Own Gear » WTB Shock Cord
September 06, 2:51pm

Haven't looked back
I tried the Nike Lava Domes when they first came and set the stage for low-cut, light-weight hikers. And I never took a BPing with boots again. For cramponing? Snowshoeing? Running the chainsaw?...

In GEAR » Has anyone gone back to wearing boots after trying shoes?
September 06, 2:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: SAK scissors
Yes, those scissors in the card will cut moleskin. I'll also point out that ANY time you use scissors instead of a blade, you reduce the likelihood of injuries. My Swiss Army (Victorinox) C...

In GEAR » Lightweight Small Scissors
September 06, 2:38pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.