BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2584 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...259

Forum » Thread

Re: Spoiled for choice
It's been 8 months, but: "I love the taste but it does horrible things to my digestive system" I get that with some beer and more so with some beer/food combos. Beans - not goo...

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
December 21, 6:47pm

Re: Lead?
One advantage to lead as an anode is that it is very resistant to corrosion and plating solutions have to very acidic, basic, or salty to carry the current. I'd think if you had a good conne...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anodizing Aluminum
December 20, 10:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re Obesity
Yes, Why choose between the two? Can't we worry about both at the same time? Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the world ISN'T out to get you.

In Chaff » Newtown
December 20, 5:45pm

Re: Re: TODAY - at Midnight 12/21/2012...
Travis: Then I can all have all your stuff? Well, I suppose titanium tent stakes will survive, but I'll take any down, silnylon or cuben gear you've got. Thanks, David

In Chaff » TODAY - at Midnight 12/21/2012...
December 20, 5:30pm

Reporting bias
Buck: +1 on perspective. Our schools do outdoor recess down to -10F. We kick the kids outside each day down to -20F, although we let them come back in after 10-20 minutes when it's subzero....

In Chaff » Newtown
December 20, 1:21pm

A north woods engineer's thoughts.
I have some experience with this in the "great-white-hunter" type of tent, and dang!, but it is nice to come back to a tent that you can get to 70-80F quickly. Consider that in Alaska, y...

In GEAR » Amount of sparks with 'sealed' hot tent stoves?
December 20, 12:56pm

Pre-heating Ti wire
Colin: Good point on heat loss to the jig. An old cast-iron item and an abrasive wheel in a circular saw come to mind for a DIY jig. Cast-iron would conduct heat considerably less than aluminum ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Interesting wire bending tool
December 20, 12:27pm

Re: H51 battery life
I suspect you're leaving the H51 in high output mode and that will certainly drain the batteries quickly. You might also try a variety of primary batteries and see how those work for you. Alk...

In GEAR » ZebraLights...
December 20, 10:42am

Re: Interesting wire bending tool
I've seen that in the Duluth catalog and in some tool catalogs. Seems like a good idea, but I've always just run a 2x4 over the table saw and made my own. I'd use oak if going all the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Interesting wire bending tool
December 19, 11:22pm

Also the H51w here
I too got the H51W. I liked the complete availability and low price of alkaline AA batteries, although I usually put lithium primary batteries in it. I'm in Alaska, and if I grab my flashligh...

In GEAR » ZebraLights...
December 19, 11:09pm

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.