Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2835 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...284

Forum » Thread

Back at you, Troll
Josh: I glue epoxy garnet powder to the surface of my other thumbnail so I can touch up the edge on my knife/thumbnail.

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 22, 1:14pm

MD / DVM
>"P.S.--I'm not a doctor, but I am a veterinarian. I'm still a doctor, I'm just not a "real doctor"." Veterinarians impress me. My wife deals with only one a...

In Chaff » Is There a Doctor or Nurse on this Forum?
March 21, 8:23pm

Re: Thinking about making/selling UL bike gear...
Competitive bicyclists not only already have the weight-saving bug, but are willing to pay much more $/gram saved than UL BPers. Of course, no one races with panniers, but even so, for touring c...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Thinking about making/selling UL bike gear...
March 21, 3:02pm

Re: Re: Or not.
>"Then of course you have to remember, they don't have the expenses we do. . . no mortgage, no PG&E bill, phone bill, etc. That's a lot of money if you don't have those expe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Homeless campsites---how are they different from wilderness campsites?
March 21, 2:27pm

Re: Re: Southern Hair
>" "shouldn't" really jumped out at me" dk: it sounded like a ageist, anti-adult/fertility, pro-pedaphilia value judgement to me, too, but I lived in Northampton MA fo...

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 21, 1:59pm

Re: Seattle Flagship REI patrons
>"We should come up with some kind of BPL call sign." A T-shirt that says, "TP is needless weight." ? "ULers do it with less gear." ? A travel toothbrush o...

In Gear Deals » Seattle Flagship REI patrons
March 21, 12:01pm

Re: Re: Bears do it in the woods.
>"because a rabbit would make very poor toilet paper if crap didn't actually stick to his fur." Explaining a joke kills it, but: It's not that rabbit fur is teflon. It&#...

March 21, 11:55am

Re: Re: Engineered cat holes
Ian: The pro-biotics are unnecessary. If the topsoils can support life, it is already there. Even in a sand dune, you're depositing trillions of bacteria with every dump. I wouldn't s...

March 21, 11:49am

Bears do it in the woods.
>"(editor's note - no marmots were harmed in the trolling of this thread)" The bear asks the rabbit: "Don't you hate how the crap sticks to your fur?" Rabbit, &...

March 21, 11:17am

Back away from the chaff
Back to the OP's thoughts: I notice our Alaskan homeless are more competent than the ones I saw while in school in Berkeley. Of course, they have to be or they'd be dead. Which happens...

In Philosophy & Technique » Homeless campsites---how are they different from wilderness campsites?
March 21, 11:11am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.