BPL Community Profile

David Thomas (DavidinKenai) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale North Woods. Far North.
About Me David Thomas has not added a biography yet.
CityKenai
StateAlaska
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Thomas

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2377 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...238

Forum » Thread

Hypoxia meters. Or not.
I've owned and played with pulse oximeters over the years. And did it based on clinical observations before that. At sea level, a non-smoker ought to be 98-99% while a smoker is typically s...

In GEAR » hypoxia meter
July 18, 6:30pm

Re: flip flop
> I do believe it is a foam pedicure slipper Sounds right. Good IDing job. So in addition to the 0.27 ounces, there's the weight of the nail polish on 10 toenails.

In GEAR » ul foam camp shoe
July 15, 1:24am

Re: Seeking small, light, compressable daypack for (primarily) urban use.
Ignore this suggestion if you are looking for an everyday beater pack. But if you want a SUL standby in your pocket for the trip home from the store or the occasional overflow of gym clothes: ...

In GEAR » Seeking small, light, compressable backpack for (primarily) urban use.
July 13, 11:39pm

Re: All that you can leave behind
They've got some pretty good dark chocolate bars near the check-out line.

In Chaff » All that you can leave behind
July 13, 1:02pm

Re: suspension for backyard hang
4 inch steel poles sound like pipe to me. Do a pipe hitch really snug and it will hold you up without any hardware. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Knots/Hitch_knots/Pipe_hitch Said the ex-boy ...

In Hammocks » suspension for backyard hang
July 10, 2:20am

Re: You know that your gear is light enough when...
. . . the airline pays YOU to check your bags.

In GEAR » You know that your gear is light enough when...
July 09, 4:38pm

Mini-bics, flint, and alcohol.
Mini-bics are 11 grams when full. I should deplete one and reweigh it, but haven't used one up yet. EVERYTHING with fuel in it (butane, propane, bics, etc) gets weighed when it comes into my ...

In GEAR » Mini bic & Light My Fire questions
July 09, 4:36pm

Re: regulators
"A needle valve is not a pressure regulator. It is a simple fixed restriction that generates pressure drop that is proportional to the square root of the flow." That's true until i...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Myth of Pressure Regulators
July 07, 11:53pm

Re: Re: I am enlightened
Al vs Ti over these thicknesses doesn't matter for heat conductivity. All the heat transfer resistance is primarily in the air film on the outside and secondarily in the water boundary layer on...

In GEAR » Not another pot thread
July 07, 11:35pm

Re: temperature above which you wouldn't hike in merino
Chrome dome. After years of noticing that BPers carrying umbrellas were amount the most experienced, I took the plunge. I felt 10-15F cooler. But, yeah, I'd have been in white polypr...

In GEAR » temperature above which you wouldn't hike in merino
July 05, 10:11am

All Reader Reviews by David Thomas

David Thomas has posted no reviews.