Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2126 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...213

Forum » Thread

Temperature Rating?
What kind of temperature rating are you looking at? Are you going to be doing all your camping in Texas will you be out west too?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Lightweight compressible sleeping bag for small boy scout
January 12, 3:56pm

Buffalo
I looked at a buffalo robe at the Bent's Old Fort historical site. I'd guess a good reason for not using it in coats would be its heavy and bulky. When I pulled up the side the leather pa...

In GEAR » warmest fur?
January 12, 3:53pm

Cheap Ideas
Women"s bags and short bags can sometimes be found on clearance since they seem to be the last thing left when a bag is discontinued. I got a cheap Golite quilt that way once. I'd shop a...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Lightweight compressible sleeping bag for small boy scout
January 12, 3:42pm

Weight
If I have a bear skin coat how does that work with the whole "skin out weight?" Do I just count the fur as skin out?

In GEAR » warmest fur?
January 11, 10:00pm

Vest or Coat - Coat
I'd lean towards a coat. Maybe its just me but I feel like my body has a harder time keeping me warm when I'm all tired out.

In GEAR » Vest or coat for JMT hike
January 11, 9:55pm

Another Option
Definately stay away from the G4. If you're going to get a HMG pack why not get the Porter? Same weight but more room so you can fit the bear canister inside if you need to.

In GEAR » First UL Pack - JMT/Sierra High Route Summer 2012 [GG vs HMG]
January 11, 5:52pm

Re Re Re Re Strange preferences
+1 Well said Tom I haven't always agreed with what Ryan Jordan says about gear but sometimes I come back around to his point of view after other things don't work quit so well. He's...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 11, 5:44pm

Q. for Nick
Nick what real diseases are US only or mostly US?

In Chaff » US only medical conditions
January 10, 12:56pm

Good for you
Glad it all worked out. Now that you have a good idea what your limits are you can plan feature trips around what works for you.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 10, 12:48pm

Floors
Never been to Philemont but heres an idea if you're in doubt. Buy the inner tents from someplace with a good return policy and keep them in the packaging. If the ranger lets you get away with...

In Philmont » Philmont Crew Tents
January 09, 6:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.