Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1441 - 1450 of 2143 | Page: 1 ...136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ...215

Forum » Thread

Re Re Clothing
Clothing only takes you so far. Remember you don't want to compress the down from the inside by wearing bulking clothes that push on the quilt.

In GEAR » Stretching a 3 season quilt into winter camping
January 16, 10:17pm

Fit Question
Looks great. I need to try one of those at some point. One suggestion though. From the picture it looks like it doesn't quit snug around your neck and it looks like your feet are jammed up a...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Climashield Quilt
January 16, 10:14pm

If not Glacier than...
James just to clarify things for you. As a rule of thumb National Parks tend to get the most visitors and generally require permits and you may have to camp in designated site. Wilderness areas a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best one week hike in lower 48
January 16, 9:35am

Re Re Places to go
James said late August. Bob don't you think thats late enough? Some snow adds to the beuaty as long as you can hike. What I don't like about hiking in Colorado in August and September is...

January 14, 8:49pm

Bears
"not used to dealing with bears though" You might look up bear bagging techniques but don't worry much. If you're in grizzly country just stop in at a sporting goods store and...

January 14, 8:46pm

People?
You were joking right when you said "a few hundred people a week?" Certainly on a popular trail in some areas but I know lots of places I'd only expect to see two or three per day.

January 14, 8:42pm

Place to go
Well since you've done the Sierra's maybe you want to try the Rockies? Denver has a big airport but is a ways from their too good hiking so you'd still need transportation. There are ...

January 14, 8:39pm

Re dromadary
Bob a dromadary (spelling?) is a big soft water bladder. They seem to be popular with organized camping groups that tend to haul a lot of water. Its probably a good thing that you don't know ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Critique my University of Scouting dissertation draft
January 14, 7:59pm

Re aqua mira
Bob you obviously know what you're doing but one idea. Does your troop carry those big dromadary things for group water? I normally don't but one time we used one to carry some water. Th...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Critique my University of Scouting dissertation draft
January 14, 7:02pm

Re yes they left all their gear
Okay Bob let me rephrase that comment to "I highly doubt a scout troop led by adults with half a brain will get into a survival situation together." As far as the Ten Essentials go I...

January 14, 6:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.