Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1431 - 1440 of 1979 | Page: 1 ...135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ...198

Forum » Thread

Re: interested...
Sorry, in the intervening year I have toyed with omnitape enough to decide that it does not hold well enough for me in this kind of application ... I toss and turn too much.

In Make Your Own Gear » cheap source for omnitape
November 05, 7:05pm

Re: FS: Double Rainbow, Utopia 2+ **Price Drop**
Girl not for sale, but may will be willing to trade for Cuben Duo Mid. Oh boy, you're in for it now. Tempting ... but nah, look at the size of that gear pile. Too much baggage!

In Gear Swap » FS: Double Rainbow, Utopia 2+ **Price Drop**
November 02, 9:44am

waterproof packing
This is a fork from this thread which has was starting to wander from it's initial purpose Here is a packing method promoted by Cliff Jacobson, who has been leading adult and youth gro...

In Philosophy & Technique » waterproof packing
November 02, 9:30am

Re: Situations where you would be separated from your pack?
On a more serious note, there's always the possibility of getting stupid when situations go south on us. It is simple enough to keep a small survival kit on our persons and that's a small...

In Philosophy & Technique » If you were seperated from your pack...
October 31, 8:06am

How about a MOOSE running off with a pack!
Read a story once about a bull moose being attracted to tobacco stored in a side pocket of an external frame pack. A shoulder strap became tangled in its antlers when the owner scared it off. T...

In Philosophy & Technique » If you were seperated from your pack...
October 31, 7:59am

Re: :)
Hey Steve.....when is the party bus leaving? ;-) And you know it - I need to break the new tent in....woo-hoo! The Rainbows are among the few TarpTents I haven't owned so I don't know...

In GEAR » Hey Ben2World......
October 28, 9:59am

Re: :)
Oh boy .... now you've stepped onto the Tarptent slippery slope. So many interesting models that it's hard to stop at just one. I know, I've been there:-)

In GEAR » Hey Ben2World......
October 27, 1:36pm

Re: BWCAW Fall 2008
Thanks for the great report. Reminds me that it's been too long since my last fall trip there. 25MPH winds on Alice during cold water season ... you were wise to hole up and wait it out. G...

In Post-Trip Reports » BWCAW Fall 2008
October 27, 9:23am

Re: Kitchen cover?
Has anyone tried Polycryo film as an overhead tarp? (the material that GossamerGear sells as groundcloths). GG's size would make a pretty tiny tarp but it's sold as window insulation in la...

In GEAR » Kitchen cover?
October 24, 4:28pm

Re: need help custom fitting Frogg Toggs pants
check with fabric shops that cater to the outdoors market(questoutfitters, seattle fabrics, owfinc). They might sell seam tape.

In Make Your Own Gear » need help custom fitting Frogg Toggs pants
October 22, 2:13am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am