BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1421 - 1430 of 2073 | Page: 1 ...134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ...208

Forum » Thread

Re Re Peace
I don't think Americans have a problem with humor if we know thats what it is, miscommunication perhaps?

In Chaff » US only medical conditions
January 05, 8:48pm

Whats in my pants pockets
A bit off topic but... I got to think one day in Colorado that with my backpacking gear I could survive pretty much anything nature could throw at me. What would really be bad though would be if ...

In GEAR » What do you put in the pocket?
January 05, 8:08pm

Re Re Why we're scared of bears
Good points David. I agree you think you're in control of your car (or kayak or whatever) and thats why you feel safer. That actually might make these activities more dangerous for a lot of p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alone in a vast Alaskan wilderness, seven teens fend off a grizzly bear—then try to stay alive
January 05, 8:04pm

Re Re
"I dunno. It might be the thought of being eaten alive and torn the shreds by a 500lb animal with huge teeth and claws. lol...Us humans are just afraid of animals. Snakes, spiders, sharks,etc....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alone in a vast Alaskan wilderness, seven teens fend off a grizzly bear—then try to stay alive
January 05, 7:53pm

Re We had a couple pistols
Shooting a bear with a 38 is a bad idea. Getting your friend to shoot a bear with a 38 is a good idea Step 1 - Identify bear as threat Step 2 - Instruct gullible friend to stand in front of yo...

January 05, 7:51pm

Why we're scared of bears
I've been thinking about why people are so scared of bears compared to other things much more likely to kill them like lightning etc. I think its because bears are so unpredictable. You'...

January 05, 7:38pm

Looks Good
The only idea I would have to drop significant weight would be to ditch the tarptent or swap out your pack. Personally though I don't think the 11 pounds baseweight will be all that bad in a a...

In Gear Lists » My 2012 AT Thru Hike List
January 05, 8:57am

Re Another Question
I've never bought nice wool. Again I've found enough at thrift stores to get by (I mostly use a really, really ratty wool sweater). Because of the cost factor I suggest not spending a lot...

In GEAR » Suggestions on clothing?
January 04, 8:01pm

Irony
If that was ironic it sounded like things I've heard said in all seriousness. Shoulda been on guard. Oh the problems of internet communications... Problem is its winter and we have nothing b...

In Chaff » US only medical conditions
January 04, 7:52pm

PFDs
I don't have a packraft (yet, I can dream) but I have swam in whitewater with a PFD that was not adequately bouyant. Not fun. If you can't float on your back you can't float down riv...

In Packrafting » Christmas
January 04, 7:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.