BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1421 - 1430 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ...208

Forum » Thread

Re Re Weight Pinnacle
LOL Miguel I love that idea! We joked about helium packs once but your truly took that idea to a new level. Also its good insurance against bears. No more arguements about guns and bear spray, j...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
January 06, 8:56am

Re Miguel
Okay Miguel I think I understand you a bit better.

In Chaff » US only medical conditions
January 05, 9:46pm

Re Re Peace
I don't think Americans have a problem with humor if we know thats what it is, miscommunication perhaps?

In Chaff » US only medical conditions
January 05, 8:48pm

Whats in my pants pockets
A bit off topic but... I got to think one day in Colorado that with my backpacking gear I could survive pretty much anything nature could throw at me. What would really be bad though would be if ...

In GEAR » What do you put in the pocket?
January 05, 8:08pm

Re Re Why we're scared of bears
Good points David. I agree you think you're in control of your car (or kayak or whatever) and thats why you feel safer. That actually might make these activities more dangerous for a lot of p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alone in a vast Alaskan wilderness, seven teens fend off a grizzly bear—then try to stay alive
January 05, 8:04pm

Re Re
"I dunno. It might be the thought of being eaten alive and torn the shreds by a 500lb animal with huge teeth and claws. lol...Us humans are just afraid of animals. Snakes, spiders, sharks,etc....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alone in a vast Alaskan wilderness, seven teens fend off a grizzly bear—then try to stay alive
January 05, 7:53pm

Re We had a couple pistols
Shooting a bear with a 38 is a bad idea. Getting your friend to shoot a bear with a 38 is a good idea Step 1 - Identify bear as threat Step 2 - Instruct gullible friend to stand in front of yo...

January 05, 7:51pm

Why we're scared of bears
I've been thinking about why people are so scared of bears compared to other things much more likely to kill them like lightning etc. I think its because bears are so unpredictable. You'...

January 05, 7:38pm

Looks Good
The only idea I would have to drop significant weight would be to ditch the tarptent or swap out your pack. Personally though I don't think the 11 pounds baseweight will be all that bad in a a...

In Gear Lists » My 2012 AT Thru Hike List
January 05, 8:57am

Re Another Question
I've never bought nice wool. Again I've found enough at thrift stores to get by (I mostly use a really, really ratty wool sweater). Because of the cost factor I suggest not spending a lot...

In GEAR » Suggestions on clothing?
January 04, 8:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.