Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1411 - 1420 of 2292 | Page: 1 ...133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ...230

Forum » Thread

Sierra Designs
Just saw the Sierra Designs Lazer 30. At 2 lbs. 5oz. it looks pretty good. A question to consider would be whether there is room in it to layer on extra clothing. I like Synthetics too. I hav...

In GEAR » Synthetic Quilts and Sleeping Bags
March 03, 8:31am

Void
I think there is a bit of a void. There are lightweight down mummies but there doesn't seem to be much effort at a synthetic 3 season mummy. I use a BPL Quilt at 23 oz. I add a bivy to con...

In GEAR » Synthetic Quilts and Sleeping Bags
March 02, 11:32pm

Bear Canisters etc.
Christ I have not done the PCT but a couple thoughts come to mind from experiences elsewhere. 1. What's your plan on bear canisters in the Sierras? I mention this because I've seen so...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Critical Skills for PCT?
March 02, 11:13pm

Bivy
I never, ever camp without a bivy regardless of the size of my tarp. Here's my reasoning. 1. Bivies keep out the wind. No matter how roomy my tarp is it won't keep a cold wind off me. ...

In GEAR » Tarp Size?
March 01, 6:36pm

Hipbelt
I wouldn't worry about it. I think there's enough there it should last just fine. Golite has a warrenty too I believe.

In GEAR » Jam Hipbelt
March 01, 6:21pm

Re He's a String Bean
I feel your pain. I think my little brother averaged one or two trips off our MYOG packs before he outgrew them! Have you checked out Granite Gear? I believe some of their packs have adjustable ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backpack for a Small Scout
February 28, 10:13pm

Fit
I tried a pair of Innov8 212s and really wanted to like them but they were just too narrow in the toe box. If you go to the Innov8 website they have helpful information about the different lasts...

In GEAR » do Inov8 shoes tend to be on the narrow side?
February 28, 8:48pm

MYOG options
I don't know how into pack making you are but Gossamer Gear sells the aluminum frames that they put in their packs. They are U shaped and prebent.

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backpack for a Small Scout
February 28, 8:43pm

Cool
Tad you're cranking out some great "How To" articles! I like it, we need more like this! I love those diagrams. Unfortunately we have shortage of snow where I'm staying (Texas)...

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Igloos
February 28, 8:36pm

Extras in hot weather
If its warm I'd at least bring spair underwear, changing seems to help with chaffing in hot weather. I have a mesh synthetic shirt. It seems to hold in less oder than a noraml synthetic shi...

In GEAR » How many changes of clothes do you bring?
February 28, 8:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.