BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1411 - 1420 of 2082 | Page: 1 ...133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ...209

Forum » Thread

Frame
I'm going to be using the U shaped frame from a GG. It was a Christmas present from my family since they knew I like MYOG projects.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Internal Frame Pack
January 08, 11:07am

I like your compression straps
I like the three compression straps. I always felt like just twon on either side wasn't enough. Looks good. Once I get the time and materials I'm going to be working some something broad...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Internal Frame Pack
January 07, 10:44pm

Re nice name
Cesar here's a name for your group how about "Lightpacking Latinos?" When it comes to XUL backpacking can I get a handicap since I need more sunscreen?

In Chaff » Blacks with Packs?
January 07, 10:41pm

Re Re blending in
Ike I'll seceond the motion that diversity is a good thing. So is tolerance. Here's the dilema - true diversity practically gurentees we will be "intolerant" to one degree or an...

January 07, 8:18pm

Re Re Re Our Friend Issac
Wow Miguel, maybe something in the diet? Maybe we should eat more possum! Funny side note, when I was in preschool I knew Issac, and my favorite playmate was "Black" but I didn't ...

January 06, 11:14pm

Our friend Issac
"y great uncle in South Carolina used to hunt 'coons, squirrels, and rabbits and fish for catfish, to supplement the dinner table." When I was little I knew a very old black gentle...

January 06, 10:58pm

Wish I could help...
LOL Eugene, Wish I could help. Actually would this count? You said "Black" now, you didn't say I had to be Africa American or that I had to be permanantly black:)

January 06, 10:19pm

Re Doin it
Jeff if you're still there one more idea. Take some Motrin or Ibeprofin (whichever one reduces swelling). If you're in decent shape there's no reason you can't walke 18 miles in a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 06, 9:27pm

Go for it
I think you'll be fine on the trip. I think 18 miles will be a long day for you but you should be perfectly capable of doing it. Last summer I hiked about 17 miles in a day. That was probabl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 06, 7:25pm

Sewing
I've sewn something like 7 packs with the Dyneema X from thru-hiker. Sharp scissers are nice for sure. Sometimes my needles break for no apparent reason in the stuff. I think they are gettin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Difference between Seattle Fabrics White Widow Spectra and Thru-Hikers Dyneema X Gridstop
January 06, 3:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.