BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1411 - 1420 of 1991 | Page: 1 ...133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ...200

Forum » Thread

Re Re Re Ages 3-5
Hang in there Sarah! No one said being a mom was easy! Moms with little kids are probably more deserving of "me" time than anyone. In that case its not so much a selfish thing as a &qu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you do it?
December 05, 8:14pm

Lint
Dave I know you know what you're doing but for everyone else's sake let me say I've had mixed reasults with lint. The quality of the lint depends on what the lint comes off. We tried ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wood stove hikers...do you carry a "real" knife?
December 05, 7:42pm

Funding
If there's a great place can't we just designate it as a wilderness for the time being? With all the talk of budget cuts I wonder of the NPS really needs a new chunk of land to be responsi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » NPS to consider new park in W.Va.
December 05, 7:33pm

Re Ages 3-5
Sarah I don't think Ford is a freak of nature. Sounds like he's just very well trained. Good for you, you showed what can be done. If I came off a bit cautious thats because I normally a...

December 05, 5:59pm

Re Balance
Well if your boys are 5 and 7 they're almost ready to go. I think the worst stage is about 3-5 when they're too big to carry but too small to hike very far. Sounds like you got the 7 year...

December 05, 2:05pm

Kids
Cullen how old are your kids/ If you have the feeling that you're "getting away" with a trip you probably need to consider whether you are taking more than your fair share of time....

December 05, 12:35pm

How about a "Tent"
Its not a tiny house but here was the approach to living simply in a primitive campsite in North Carolina. We had a couple of water faucets but no electricity. This was from a Wilderness Therapy ...

In Chaff » Tiny house anyone?
December 05, 10:34am

End of SUL packs?
Does this mean Gossamer Gear is discontinuing the silnylon Murmer? That would mean basically the only real SUL packs available would be the Zpacks Blast series. Is it just me or is the market swi...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear Murmur Dyneema DX First Look
December 04, 7:38pm

Enter
Very generious Eric happy Christmas!

In Gear Swap » "Free" gift for BPL member
December 04, 5:34pm

My Side of the Mountain and Firewoods Issues
I liked My Side of the Mountain too when I was a kid. My only quibble is the chapter where Sam makes a complete coat out of a single deerskin. Having worked with real deerskins I can tell you no ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Wood stove hikers...do you carry a "real" knife?
December 04, 7:05am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.