Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1401 - 1410 of 1579 | Page: 1 ...132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: Atom Vs Summerlite
Randy-There is an alternative source for the information you are seeking, if they sell their bags to EU countries. If they do, ask the vendors for a copy of the Informative Appendix for their bag&...

In Editor's Roundtable » Western Mountaineering Summerlite Sleeping Bag REVIEW
December 21, 11:22am

Re: pertex
Pertex Quantum fabric is highly porus. You can identify it by noting how easy it is to blow air through it compared to other fabrics. You can put an LED light under it and you should be able to...

In GEAR » How to identify Pertex Quantum?
December 19, 2:40pm

Re: Radiant heat transfer and such...
Joshua-I think that you overlooked the radiation re-emittance principal when you said, "... ANY opaque material will halt "radiant" heat loss ". As an example, in perpetually...

In Make Your Own Gear » UltralightCold Weather Hammock Pad Idea
December 19, 1:25pm

Re: Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
Bill-The Cuben should work fine as a VB garment. That is, assuming sufficient ventilation options to prevent overheating.

In GEAR » Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
December 17, 8:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
John-Excellent post!

In GEAR » Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
December 17, 2:03pm

Re: No response?
It is simply irresponsible. I have seen examples of theoretically "no-brainer" trails where vandals have altered ducks and/or trail signs. I have discovered that trail markers were under ...

In Philosophy & Technique » specific Map question:
December 16, 5:33pm

Re: thinsulate
There are many varieties of Thinsulate and so this is a generic answer. It is composed exclusively of fine fibers (65% Olefin/35% Polyester). It does a superior job of reflecting thermal radiation ...

In Make Your Own Gear » thinsulate
December 16, 9:16am

Re: need advice
An ultralight 5 piece spinning outfit is appropriate for this fish size range. A fly casting bubble or lures can be used for trout in combination with a spool wound with 2-4 lb test. An additional ...

In Fishing » need advice
December 07, 4:12pm

Re: Soft Shell Mystery
SIMPLE EXPLANATION - If the fabric surface is smooth, it will feel cool and if the fabric surface is rough, it will feel warm. DETAILED EXPLANATION - Fiber deformation is proportional to the 3rd...

In GEAR » Soft Shell Mystery
December 07, 11:58am

Re: need advice
Will he be fishing for small fish like trout or large fish like salmon primarily?

In Fishing » need advice
December 06, 11:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm