BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1401 - 1410 of 1575 | Page: 1 ...132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
John-Excellent post!

In GEAR » Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
December 17, 2:03pm

Re: No response?
It is simply irresponsible. I have seen examples of theoretically "no-brainer" trails where vandals have altered ducks and/or trail signs. I have discovered that trail markers were under ...

In Philosophy & Technique » specific Map question:
December 16, 5:33pm

Re: thinsulate
There are many varieties of Thinsulate and so this is a generic answer. It is composed exclusively of fine fibers (65% Olefin/35% Polyester). It does a superior job of reflecting thermal radiation ...

In Make Your Own Gear » thinsulate
December 16, 9:16am

Re: need advice
An ultralight 5 piece spinning outfit is appropriate for this fish size range. A fly casting bubble or lures can be used for trout in combination with a spool wound with 2-4 lb test. An additional ...

In Fishing » need advice
December 07, 4:12pm

Re: Soft Shell Mystery
SIMPLE EXPLANATION - If the fabric surface is smooth, it will feel cool and if the fabric surface is rough, it will feel warm. DETAILED EXPLANATION - Fiber deformation is proportional to the 3rd...

In GEAR » Soft Shell Mystery
December 07, 11:58am

Re: need advice
Will he be fishing for small fish like trout or large fish like salmon primarily?

In Fishing » need advice
December 06, 11:43pm

Re: Re: re:Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
Roman-You have a good woman and you are a wise man to consider her wants. Please post your trip experiences as a couple, documenting both perspectives. The rest of us want to learn from you abou...

In Philosophy & Technique » Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
December 03, 10:15pm

Re: Ultralight wading shoes
My size 11 weigh 12.5 oz for a pair and they are the standard model. The hydro model was released after I purchased mine last winter.

In Fishing » Ultralight wading shoes
December 03, 9:38am

Re: Ultralight wading shoes
Try Crocs with a neoprene socks for wading. They are light, comfortable, and stay on your feet in the muck. They also serve as an excellent camp shoe.

In Fishing » Ultralight wading shoes
December 01, 6:21pm

Re: Don Wilson, Pringles, Artic 1000, and Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
What do they all have in common? The answer is >62% dietary fat. Don Wilson said, "This is not a joke. The right food is important to hiking enjoyment and in 2006 I rediscovered Pringles." RN-P...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2006 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
November 30, 4:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm