BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 1401 - 1410 of 1569 | Page: 1 ...132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: re:Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
Roman-You have a good woman and you are a wise man to consider her wants. Please post your trip experiences as a couple, documenting both perspectives. The rest of us want to learn from you abou...

In Philosophy & Technique » Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
December 03, 10:15pm

Re: Ultralight wading shoes
My size 11 weigh 12.5 oz for a pair and they are the standard model. The hydro model was released after I purchased mine last winter.

In Fishing » Ultralight wading shoes
December 03, 9:38am

Re: Ultralight wading shoes
Try Crocs with a neoprene socks for wading. They are light, comfortable, and stay on your feet in the muck. They also serve as an excellent camp shoe.

In Fishing » Ultralight wading shoes
December 01, 6:21pm

Re: Don Wilson, Pringles, Artic 1000, and Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
What do they all have in common? The answer is >62% dietary fat. Don Wilson said, "This is not a joke. The right food is important to hiking enjoyment and in 2006 I rediscovered Pringles." RN-P...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2006 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
November 30, 4:16pm

Re: Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
Some theoretical subtleties of long distance hiking efficiency On 11/16/06 Roman Dial said in part, "…It needs somebody small with big feet and a low metabolism…" The Version .2 AT model ...

November 26, 9:47pm

Updated Theoretical AT Unsupported Hiking Limit
Ron Moak provided an analysis of the AT surface as compared to the PCT and CDT which was collaborated by Ryan... thanks Ron and Ryan. This valuable input resulted in me updating the version .2 AT S...

November 25, 8:42pm

Re: Theoretical Unsupported Hiking
Ron-Thank you for your valuable contribution of characterizing the relative trail surfaces for the AT, CDT, and PCT. I will factor in your AT trail surface characterization and rerun the model. ...

November 24, 3:27pm

Re: Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
I tested the average female, as defined by ISO 8996 (2004), in my AT simulator. It shows 758 miles as the limit for unsupported travel.

November 24, 8:01am

Re: Unsupported/Thru-Hikes

November 22, 4:13pm

Re: Unsupported/Thru-Hikes
In summary this analysis, concurs with Ryan’s assessment that the AT can be done unsupported in three segments by using ultra-light backpacking equipment and techniques. The first chart is a c...

November 22, 3:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm