BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1401 - 1410 of 1446 | Page: 1 ...126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145

Forum » Thread

synthetic or natural = what's the difference as long as the microclimate is maintained?
Hi Robert, It's not my premise, but Colin Fletcher and Chip Rawlins' premise, from the Complete Walker IV, if I recall. And it makes perfect sense. The Tilley LT I have is not waterproof - it'...

In GEAR » Breezer - the perfect hat?
March 21, 3:18pm

IMHO the Breezer is not a good choice for very hot conditions
Hi David, I'm afraid the Breezer will not keep you as cool and safe from heat stroke in very hot conditions as the Tilley. Why? For the same reason desert nomads have worn layers of light colo...

In GEAR » Breezer - the perfect hat?
March 21, 11:21am

Litespeed
Hi Rod, If you are interested, I have a Montane Litespeed for sale, blue, Large, in excellent condition with the original tags, which I was going to post on eBay. You can PM me if you're inte...

In GEAR » Hooded windshells
March 15, 9:54pm

Paul and anyone else, are all of these fully waterproof?
1. ID SilPoncho 2. Equinox Terrapin ExtensionPoncho 3. BMW SpinnPoncho-T LITE 4. ID SilCape 5. and now, though I've only just received it, SMD Gatewood Cape. Thanks.

In GEAR » Pack Cover or Pack Liner?
March 11, 9:38am

Ion, Houdini and Montane Litespeed
Between the Ion and Houdini, you can't go wrong, they are both good wind jackets. I paid a lot of attention to selection of a wind shirt/wind jacket because it's probably the most used and versati...

In GEAR » windshirt: Patagtonia Houdini vs. Marmot Ion
March 11, 9:21am

wool versus synthetic midlayer
Hi Kesson, I'd agree with you on the next to skin layer. But after having tested a Smartwool merino midlayer, and polling lots of friends who've tried wool, I'd have to disagree on the midlayer...

In GEAR » Merino Wool As Midlayer and Not Just Base Layer
March 07, 9:35am

Can anyone recommend any trail running shoes in a mid-height
Like the TNF Pinyon, for example. Thanks for the great posts, very helpful.

In GEAR » Montrail, TNF or other supportive trail runners to replace Salomon XA Pro 2 XCR
February 28, 10:57am

How do the Ultras fit?
Are they true to shoe size? I usually buy running shoes (I use New Balance) 1/2 size larger than my shoe size, allows for foot expansion when pounding the ground. Same for hiking boots. Any advi...

In GEAR » Montrail, TNF or other supportive trail runners to replace Salomon XA Pro 2 XCR
February 28, 10:05am

MH Convertible Pack Pants Blow The Others Away
Hi John, I've tried or tried on REI Saharas, Columbia nylon convertibles, Ex Officio Amphis and Mt Hardwear Convertible Pack Pants. And my wife and I hike with ours on most of the time. No conte...

In GEAR » Convertible pants
February 28, 8:25am

TNF ultra question
Thanks for the heads up James. 180lbs and 6ft, and former special forces, so my feet have taken a nasty beating over time. I prefer light but sturdy boots (Vasque Caldera GTX) for most hiking and ...

February 28, 8:15am

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm