BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1401 - 1410 of 1481 | Page: 1 ...130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149

Forum » Thread

which of those models have more supportive shanks
Hi Larry, Thanks very much for the helpful suggestions and advice. We were looking for this boot primarily for winter hiking and possibly snowshoeing if it will work for that as well. I think ...

In GEAR » Best winter hiking (not vertical mountaineering) boots with supportive shank
September 14, 5:19pm

Best winter hiking (not vertical mountaineering) boots with supportive shank
I'm looking for a winter hiking boot comfortable for hiking (not vertical mountaineering) on and off trail for both my wife and me with insulation to about -20 to -25F and a [nylon] shank for suppo...

In GEAR » Best winter hiking (not vertical mountaineering) boots with supportive shank
September 12, 11:39am

eVENT maintaining waterproofness; seams
I think Richard nailed it - the question simply is whether eVENT itself (not seams) maintains waterproofness over time. Does anyone have any information on this? Bad seams will leak in any mate...

In GEAR » Montane eVENT® Quick-Fire and Superfly and Other Light eVENT Jackets
September 12, 11:35am

eVENT durability; pit zips
Before I commit to an eVENT jacket and eVENT gaiters, does anyone have any conclusive information on problems with eVENT maintaining waterproofness? If I find my nearly ideal light shell without...

September 11, 10:29pm

Patagonia and eVENT
Hi David, I meant to add earlier - I'm very skeptical about Patagonia not using eVENT because of durability issues. Patagonia makes some great products and I have a lot of their gear - they als...

September 11, 10:27pm

eVENT and pit zips
Great point. That very well could be. But I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to have the best of all worlds for only a 2 ounce penalty. Also, I don't believe any breathable shell will ever ...

September 11, 7:16am

specialty outdoors
Thanks John, appreciate it very much. What experience have you had with them? What have you sent them?

In GEAR » Can anyone recommend a great shop for customizing gear?
September 09, 7:35pm

Grade VI
I agree that the Grade VI is quite bomber for the weight, but it isn't lighter than the Montane Quick-Fire - it's the same weight (at least by published weights, I haven't weighed them), but less b...

In GEAR » Can anyone comment on the breathability of Patagonia's Rain Shadow and Jetstream Jackets?
September 09, 7:33pm

B52 TS GTX
OR http://www.salomonoutdoor.com/us/product.aspx?gen=1&seg=51&gam=1&act=0&pro=417891&currItem=4 (though I prefer more of a traditional less loud look)

In Winter Hiking » best winter hiking boots (not vertical mountaineering) with supportive shank
September 08, 6:50pm

Scrambler LTR TS
What about this boot? http://www.salomonoutdoor.com/us/product.aspx?gen=1&seg=51&gam=1&act=0&pro=418050&currItem=4

In Winter Hiking » best winter hiking boots (not vertical mountaineering) with supportive shank
September 08, 6:48pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm