Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

E J (mountainwalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale SF Bay Area & New England
About Me E J has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by E J

Showing 1401 - 1410 of 1497 | Page: 1 ...131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Montbell Sizing - can any BPL ladies comment?
Hi Jhaura, I called Montbell and they said the Thermawraps run on the small side. From what I've heard, and the type of use I'd like (esp using over shells at rest stops), I think I'll be bette...

In GEAR » Sizing of Montbell U.L. Thermawrap Parka
November 16, 5:14pm

Re: Re: Sizing of Montbell U.L. Thermawrap Parka
Hi Scott, How tall are you and what size chest are you? Will give me a better idea of sizing. I'm on the lean side, but not skinny.

November 16, 5:10pm

Sizing of Montbell U.L. Thermawrap Parka
We’ve decided on the Thermawrap Parka as our best choice for a lightweight synthetic insulation piece and wanted to check sizing before ordering from mail order. We intend to use this piece bo...

November 16, 3:24pm

Petzl Tikka Plus or Princeton Tec Quad?
Has anyone tested the Petzl Tikka Plus side by side with the Princeton Tec Quad? - Which is brighter? - Which lasts longer on low, medium and high light? - Which has a whiter light? Does ...

In GEAR » Petzl Tikka Plus or Princeton Tec Quad?
October 23, 7:20pm

I do know your scrub
Hi Roger, Actually I do know your scrub. Been to Australia twice, Syndney, Blue Mountains and outback area around Uluru and King's Canyon. You live in a truly amazing place. Looking forward ...

In GEAR » Light Gaiters: OR FlexTex, REI Mistral or Other
October 04, 8:42pm

Thanks Rick; OR Flex-Tex sizing
Thanks Rick, really apprecaite the quick post. Getting my winter gear together as I'm not going to get a lot of fall hiking time, growing a tech startup fast and spending long long hours in front ...

October 04, 8:40pm

caution on tight size of Mistral Schoeller Dynamic Gaiter
I recently ordered the Mistral Gaiters from REI and could not believe how small the sizing is. I'm about 6 ft 1 and 180lbs, with a build on the slim side, and do not have large calves - in fact I'...

October 04, 5:55pm

pit zips; paclite pants as well?
Hi Thomas, You can always add DIY pit zips or have them added for about $30. On a paclite jacket that inexpensive, it would be well worth it. I'm personally very interested in knowing the weigh...

In GEAR » land's end again
October 03, 1:49pm

Princeton Tec EOS and Apex; placement of headlamp between head and hat to keep warm
A few questions: 1) How much light can I expect at sufficient lighting for hiking (not climbing) in the winter with the EOS using Lithium batteries? Say at 32F or 20F or pick another cold temp n...

In Winter Hiking » Best lightweight headlamp for winter use
October 01, 10:05pm

EOS lithium performance in cold weather? placement of headlamp batteries between head and hat to preserve power
Hi Mathieu, I heard the EOS was superior as well in terms of providing sufficient lighting for longer periods of time. A few questions: 1) How much light can I expect at sufficient light...

In GEAR » Best lightweight cold weather headlamp
October 01, 8:13pm

All Reader Reviews by E J

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

eBAY.com
Craig, How do you set up an auto search on eBay? Not familiar with that feature. Did you set up an outside program to crawl eBay? eBay is not only useful for acquiring used and new gear at low...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 20, 7:51am

Patagonia Houdini Wind Jacket
My wife has had such good experience with her Houdini that I'm going to switch over from my Montane Lite-speed. I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The material has excellent ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:40pm

Montane Lite-speed
I've used my Montane Lite-Speed in almost all conditions. The fit is quite good, with plenty of room to layer underneath, without being way too big. I'm 6 ft 180lbs, 42 chest and I do fine with the ...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
January 30, 9:31pm