BPL Community Profile

Backpack Jack (jumpbackjack) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Armpit of California
About Me I do most of my hiking in California around Kings Canyon,Bishop area, would eventually like to hike some other states or even countries. I have been hiking about 6 or 7 years now and love it. Every year can't wait for the next trip. See you on the trail.
CityBakersfield
StateCalifornia
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Backpack Jack

Showing 1401 - 1410 of 1723 | Page: 1 ...132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ...173

Forum » Thread

Booby traps on PCT
I'm from Bakersfield Ca. and I just read this on the Bakersfield Californian's web site thought it might be of some help. Hikers going from Mexico to Canada encountere...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Booby traps on PCT
May 06, 10:33pm

RE hike
I might be able to do Kearsarge, Rae Lakes, through Paradise Valley to Roads End. I need to see how much time I have saved up, I'll be spending most of my time off that I saved up for my huntin...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » SEKI in Aug.
May 02, 9:57pm

RE hike
Hey Ken have you given any thought to my idea of doing this hike on Labor day weekend? Jack

May 01, 9:54pm

RE TIGOAT
Man I want this bag bad!! But no funds until I sale something else first, by then I'm sure this will be long gone. :(

In Gear Swap » Titanium Goat Bivy
April 19, 8:48pm

re tyvek
Ivo do you still have those plans for the bivy and shelter? I really like the design and would like to give it a try. you can pm me or email me ielliot1@bak.rr.com Thanks Jack

In Make Your Own Gear » Lighter than sil-nylon, yet durable material?
April 19, 8:16am

RE Aug.
"SEKI" Is short for Sequoia & Kings Canyon.

April 08, 10:27pm

RE WOW!
Hey Jesse you should post your x-ray in the photo gallery under pics of the week April 5th - 10th. OUCHHHH!!!! AND crap that must have hurt, hope it's feeling better. I have to go Mon. for an M...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Bay area BPL April
April 08, 10:22pm

RE Hex
Jay I'm sorry but I'm going to have to back out of the deal, as much as I want it, and I hate doing this. I just got Dr's. orders to get a MRI on my left knee, so much for gear money, n...

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Hex & Net Tent
April 08, 9:57pm

re pics
Sounds good, black on black, I wana see!

In Make Your Own Gear » another bivy sack
April 08, 9:40pm

re tarp
Hi this is the guy under the tarp. How do you set it up in the mid configuration, we tried but just couldn't get it right. Pics would help. Thanks Jack

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » first attempts at tarp pitching
April 08, 9:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Backpack Jack

Backpack Jack has posted no reviews.