BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 1401 - 1410 of 1843 | Page: 1 ...132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ...185

Forum » Thread

Re: Where to buy wide width silnylon?
Anybody know where I can buy 1.1 silnylon in a 70-72" width? I thought saw this for sale sometime ago. I'm pretty sure that was David Olsen at OWARE. I don't see it listed there now.

In Make Your Own Gear » Where to buy wide width silnylon?
April 11, 4:21pm

Re: WTB: Large Polycryo Ground Cloth
If you don't find one, two mediums joined with two sided tape might work?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Large Polycryo Ground Cloth
April 10, 8:05am

Re: Light Summer sleeping bag
Guy, This reminds me that I have a light wt fleece sleeping bag liner that was almost but quite warm enough for 8-10C along the MN Ontario border that I'd be willing to sell at a low price. ...

In GEAR » Light Summer sleeping bag
April 10, 5:34am

Re: "Backpacking weddings/engagement..."
I've long felt that low grade whitewater canoing (class I-II) was a stronger contender for the title of The Ultimate Relationship Test. It worked for us.

In Chaff » Backpacking weddings/engagement?
April 09, 2:22pm

Re: Suitability of Single Wall Shelter or Tarp
re question 2: David Olsen's photo in THIS THREAD shows a pitch that might meet your needs.

In GEAR » Suitability of Single Wall Shelter or Tarp
April 09, 2:15pm

Re: Backpacking weddings/engagement?
Well, there's the Wilberforce Falls Affair Hmmm, for some reason it's not letting me create that link, maybe this TINY URL will work?

In Chaff » Backpacking weddings/engagement?
April 09, 12:20pm

Cooke Custom Sewing
Dan Cooke sews largely for the canoe trekker market. His Tundra Tarps have evolved to meet the needs of folks on multi week/month trips north of the treeline and are as bombproof as you can make w...

In GEAR » Large Tarp recommendations
April 08, 4:10pm

Re: Re: pen-style flare launcher
The CD/DVD idea is cool too. I wonder if they would be as easy to aim but I guess that just comes down to skill and practice. Also, if you wanted to save even more weight, you could use one of thos...

In GEAR » Signal Mirror - Lifesaver or BS?
April 06, 6:56pm

Re: How many oz/yd in 240 g/sm XP?
Not to be a shill for Google Nation (not to mention that my instinct is to say "learn some math") but ... if you enter: 240 grams/sq. meter in ounces/sq. yard in google's se...

In Make Your Own Gear » How many oz/yd in 240 g/sm XP?
April 06, 6:09pm

Re: Erin and Hig's MLD Shelter
It had lots of small improvements over the Proto, mainly a bit taller Ron, care to elaborate on reason to be taller? headroom? better snow shedding? Something else?

In Editor's Roundtable » EXPEDITION: Journey on the Wild Coast (Erin McKittrick and Bretwood Higman)
April 03, 1:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am