BPL Community Profile

todd harper (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right. A Gatewood Cape w/Serenity is my primary solo shelter nowadays.

I'm also into kayaking & fishing.
StateFlorida

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd harper

Showing 1401 - 1410 of 1757 | Page: 1 ...132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ...176

Forum » Thread

Re: Gatewood Cape or Golite Poncho/Tarp & Bivy?
Welcome, Cameron! We'll go easy on you here. I love my cape! I prefer it to the Golite, YMMV. As to your specific question, I agree w/Scott and I use a UL bivy if I'm concerned ab...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape or Golite Poncho/Tarp & Bivy?
August 04, 12:52pm

Re: Re: Mike's Article
"I thought LNT requires one to "Leave rocks, plants and other natural objects as you find them."" Excellent point, Tom!

In GEAR » Opaque ziplock bags for TP??
July 27, 10:55am

Re: Re: Solo Shelters
Dean, You will not be disappointed. I'm nearly 6'2" and if I attach the head and foot snaps of the cape to the Serenity I don't touch either end - head & foot room is enh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo Shelters
July 25, 11:57am

Re: Feedback/Ideas Please: 3-5 Days, Northeast Solo Gear List
James: I really like what the above posters have said, so I won't expand on their comments. You can reach your 8lb goal rather easily! Three things though... Knife: If you want to carry...

In Gear Lists » Feedback/Ideas Please: 3-5 Days, Northeast Solo Gear List
July 24, 7:20pm

Re: Killing crocs
Nice Robert! I, too love the shoes, but hate the bulk. I like my Crocs flip-flops, too, but the "toe-thong" is sub-optimal for camp shoes when wearing socks for warmth. For speed o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Killing crocs
July 19, 12:49pm

Re: First trip with Duomid
Ryan, Midwall tie-outs DEFINITELY help the Serenity in my Gatewood. Let us know how it works for you. (I'm nearly 6'2" as well) Todd

In GEAR » First trip with Duomid
July 18, 6:40am

Re: MLD Serenity Shelter Entry Options
"Anyone out there with the Serenity that can comment on the front entry likes or dislikes?" I like that the front entry allows me to get infrom the front of the tarp. I dislike th...

In GEAR » MLD serenity shelter vs bug bivy
July 18, 6:23am

Re: Up in Smoke: Backcountry Fire Building Videocast
Nice, Sam! I appreciate the instuctional articles, reviews, and videos! Keep 'em coming, BPL! Todd

In Editor's Roundtable » Up in Smoke: Backcountry Fire Building Videocast
July 16, 4:26pm

Re: 1300 Cals a Day
Yes, the fruits would be a good addition. A multi-vitamin, too, is an almost necessity given that diet. Survive, sure. But man are you gonna crave other stuff!!!!!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1300 Cals a Day
July 16, 1:10pm

Re: Ooops - Merino Wool
John, If it looks good it's most likely fine. The only caveat I can think of is if you used too strong a detergent that might have damaged the wool, but I doubt that. Todd

In GEAR » Ooops - Merino Wool
July 10, 9:02am

All Reader Reviews by todd harper

todd harper has posted no reviews.