BPL Community Profile

James Reilly (zippymorocco) - BPL Guest

My Locale Montana
About Me James Reilly has not added a biography yet.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Reilly

Showing 141 - 150 of 398 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...40

Forum » Thread

AT
On the AT my partner and I averaged about 20 lbs leaving town. My base weight was 9 lbs in the beginning (March 5) and a little less then 7 at the end (July). I weighed in at 19 pounds total f...

In GEAR » Thru-hiker poll: what was your average carried pack weight?
September 09, 7:57am

Nice
Looks great. Congratulations.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG down quilt
August 16, 7:50am

RE: Christopher
Thank you for the information so far. Very helpful. Christopher you said this about the length,"For me that's the 10cm camp corsa...which has served me well. :)" What would the act...

In GEAR » Learning how to use an ice axe this winter near Asheville
August 12, 4:47pm

Camp Corsa
I was thinking the Camp Corsa would be my choice as well. I think I will at least practice at a ski slope or something but would prefer more formal training.

August 12, 11:30am

Learning how to use an ice axe this winter near Asheville
Hello all, In preparation for a PCT I would like to gain the skills needed for high alpine travel. Mostly,I would like to learn to use an ice axe. I will be in Asheville all winter and wou...

August 12, 10:38am

Titanium goat/Ruta Locura
Another Titanium goat/Ruta Locura. Incredibly durable in my opinion. I took a pair of two year poles on my thru hike and they still never broke. I did have to send them back in order to have ...

In GEAR » What are the best UL Treckking Poles?
August 09, 4:28pm

Impulse
I think it's a conspiracy to keep us from being impulse buyers.

In GEAR » Why do we have to wait for gear?
August 09, 8:02am

Hexamid
I highly recommend the twin. I have about 100 nights on mine and it's still going strong. I imagine Joe would be able to tell you if it will work. If it needs to be customized for your he...

In GEAR » Ultralight shelter for a tall guy
August 08, 7:52am

Feathered Friends
Feathered Friends Daybreak and layers keeps me warm in camp into the teens.

In GEAR » can you suggest a down jacket for my needs please
August 07, 7:25am

Re: camp shoes
My wife makes and carries some and I really like using hers when I have to pee at night.

In GEAR » What's the purpose of camp shoes?
August 05, 8:01am

All Reader Reviews by James Reilly

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Feathered Friends Customer Service
I spoke to a very helpful person on the phone. She helped me determine the proper size for the jacket I wanted. Jacket fits perfectly, was shipped quick and is of top quality.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 19, 8:13pm

Sea to Summit Premium Silk Liner
We purchased a ultra-sil stuff sack as recommended by a customer service rep at a outfitter along the A.T. In using it to stuff my wife's sleeping bag I ripped the thing in half. She called up th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 19, 8:08pm