BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 141 - 150 of 3014 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...302

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
"Time spent teaching those kids to use and safely handle those RR's will be much better than any gift you could have hoped to receive." Teach them? I suppose I should've read ...

In GEAR » Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
December 25, 8:02pm

Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
Nothing for me but a pair of Red Ryder BB guns for the kids.

In GEAR » Interesting Gear under the Tree for You or Significant Others?
December 25, 7:10pm

Re: Real Mountain Training
This Saturday Adan and I "ran" Baden-Powell (9,407'), taking a roughly 10 mile (RT), 2,500' gain route to the summit....only it turned into a 6 hour postholing festival. A gr...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
December 23, 4:05pm

Black Dyed Catalyst
Just finished dying my pack, thanks to Ken Thompson's instructions here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=30922 Here's...

In Make Your Own Gear » Black Dyed Catalyst
December 22, 7:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Neoprene
Neoprene is weird. Adan was experiencing a similar issue yesterday. He started the hike with nothing but a thick wool sock on one foot and a hydroskin over wool on the other. He said the foot wi...

In GEAR » Trail Runners and Snow
December 22, 5:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: The JMT Pencil and the UL Life
What does an original Nick Gatel drawing sell for these days? I like it.

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
December 22, 4:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Neoprene
I wonder if people having trouble with neoprene are actually experiencing poor circulation problems from the socks being too tight with layers underneath or not fitting in the shoe well.

December 22, 4:18pm

Re: Re: Neoprene
I've always thought this is yet another highly subjective topic. My feet yesterday with the above mentioned setup were no colder than my feet are today walking around the house and doing yar...

December 22, 3:56pm

Trail Runners and Snow
Brooks Cascadia 7, Kahtoola Microspikes, NRS Hydroskin socks, Smartwool thin liner sock, ID shorty e-vent gaiters. It works. This photo is from yesterday: 6 hours of postholing in fresh s...

December 22, 2:31pm

Cheap Stuff
****Fancee Feast cat can stove: $.79 ****Duck brand Window treatment film (polycryo groundcloth material): most hardware stores, $10 for enough to make 4 large groundsheets. ****Wide mouth Gator...

In GEAR » Best Cheap Gear of 2013
December 21, 8:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm