BPL Community Profile

will sawyer (wjsawyer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Connecticut
About Me will sawyer has not added a biography yet.
CityRiverside
StateConnecticut
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by will sawyer

Showing 141 - 150 of 216 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Re: Running pack for unsupported trips
I've checked out some of the OMM packs, and that is what the inov-8 packs are usually compared to. the Inov-8 weighs about half as much as the comparable OMM pack, and those who reviewed the in...

In GEAR » Running pack for unsupported trips
November 24, 8:19am

Drafty 48" quilt
you could try sewing a piece of light nylon to form a bottom, so that you would effectively have a sleeping bag but without insulation on the bottom.

In GEAR » Drafty 48" quilt
November 23, 11:41am

Running pack for unsupported trips
I'm hoping that some of you who have done the JMT unsupported or similar things can tell me what pack you wore and why. I'm planning to head up to Vermont and try my hand at breaking th...

In GEAR » Running pack for unsupported trips
November 23, 7:33am

dana designs pack...
I'll get in line for the dana designs pack if for any reason Steve falls through...

In Gear Swap » Closet Clean-Out
November 21, 5:31am

yoga mat absorption
I re-soled a pair of crocs a few years ago with some yoga mat that I found laying around. Maybe a different type than what David uses, but it absorbed water like crazy. It was durable, but whenever...

In Make Your Own Gear » shoulder strap questions
November 20, 1:06pm

Tarp for survival
I'd also look into getting a light bivy bag. Most tarps that are light enough to add to your daypack without second thought will also be very expensive (cuben). I'd recommend taking a look ...

In Gear Deals » Tarp for survival
November 16, 6:10pm

Which quilt or top bag to take me to 0 degrees?
I would compare loft if I were you. I'm not sure how many inches a properly rated 0F bag has, or how many yours has, but thats probably a good starting point, and you try to make up the differe...

In GEAR » Which quilt or top bag to take me to 0 degrees?
November 15, 6:41pm

how low (temperature) could you go with this?
Steven, I remember watching that show as well. You could make a fairly simple and cheap tube tent with 2/3 reflective mylar and 1/3 clear plastic, pitch it with a trekking pole at either end, and h...

In GEAR » how low (temperature) could you go with this?
November 15, 6:30pm

how low (temperature) could you go with this?
Another thing to note is on the AMK website they mention using their emergency bags as summer sleeping bags down to 50F. Thanks for chiming in Richard. your rating of 63F is quite a bit higher ...

In GEAR » how low (temperature) could you go with this?
November 15, 3:03pm

sleeping positions
The reason I'm trying to switch is that if using a thin pad and a small quilt, there are much less pressure points from the pad, and the quilt covers better if you are on your back. also, wha...

In Philosophy & Technique » sleeping positions
November 15, 5:45am

All Reader Reviews by will sawyer

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Inov-8 Company Review
I love their products, but haven't dealt with the company directly until recently. I sent them an email asking if I could get a discount on a pack and what I would be using it for. I got a respons...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 14, 11:09am

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
I received my overboots in the mail today, a day earlier than predicted. Previously I had emailed Joel when I heard about these as I wasn't sure they were exactly what I was looking for, and I was...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 07, 3:55pm