BPL Community Profile

David Wills (willspower3) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale David Wills hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me 25 years old. AT 2009, PCT 2011.
StateGA
CountryUSA or S. Korea
My PDF Gear ListPCT 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Wills

Showing 141 - 150 of 479 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...48

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Well, it seemed like a good idea...
Using me for your gullible benchmark is setting your standards pretty low there Ben. Im not sure what i was thinking when i decided a thinlite would be the ticket when i could barely even sleep on ...

In GEAR » Well, it seemed like a good idea...
December 13, 5:15pm

Re: Well, it seemed like a good idea...
where to begin... Ti Spork $6 blue foam sleeping pad emergency blankets for anything hammocks, and everything that goes with them ray way cooking style leaves for tp silk things neoprene s...

In GEAR » Well, it seemed like a good idea...
December 13, 4:53pm

CDT
im planning on doing the cdt in 2011 with my old roomate who did the pct this year. We have been discussing all of this for a while, and under my profile has my proposed gear list at around 9 lbs. ...

In GEAR » What would you carry for the CDT?
December 13, 4:30pm

Re: Iodine Allergy
I like the $13 eggcrate blue foam. 24" wide and only 1 oz heavier than the $6 blue foam. More comfy too. The roll top stuff sacks are great. very durable, very waterproof $3 gym shorts a...

In GEAR » Every I need for backpacking I can get at Walmart...
December 08, 12:58pm

Re: Which Darn Tough sock do you use with your trail shoes?
Pretty great socks. I used 2 pair of 1/4 length cushion socks for about 600 miles this year. I imagine they are constructed similarly to the microcrew cushion. The top is pretty thin. If you are d...

In GEAR » Which Darn Tough sock do you use with your trail shoes?
December 07, 8:25pm

Re: Your best gear of 2009
ULA Conduit(2008)- got it in damascus on my thru-hike and now consider it to be as close to a perfect pack as possible. Solid hipbelt and shoulder straps make carrying 30lbs in this frameless pack ...

In GEAR » Your best gear of 2009
December 06, 7:50pm

Re: pad
For a sleeping bag with no insulation on the bottom, I have found BA's rating to be a tad optimistic. In low temps, you can add a closed cell foam pad atop the big agnes to be warmer, or opt fo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cross between Quilt and sleep bag?
December 03, 10:12pm

Re: Cross between Quilt and sleep bag?
Sounds like you may be looking for a topbag design. A great example is the nunatak catabatic. It can have a snugger fit and be more thermally efficient than if your bag was attached the edges of yo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cross between Quilt and sleep bag?
December 03, 11:24am

Re: PCT Gear Review
thanks for the reviews. I was also looking at making a bivy very similar to the one you made, but using silnylon instead of tyvek. My MYOG meteor just isnt roomy enough for me. I thought I had deve...

In GEAR » PCT Gear Review
December 02, 6:49pm

Re: Plastic Liner vs. Stuff Sacks
I started out doing stuff sacks, then went to liner and roll top 'dry sacks', now I'm leaning more towards liner/roll top/ and a pack cover for extended trips in wet areas (entire east ...

In GEAR » Plastic Liner vs. Stuff Sacks
December 01, 10:45pm

All Reader Reviews by David Wills

David Wills has posted no reviews.