BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 141 - 150 of 235 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

break even point
Hey Bob, What is your "break even weight" you're figuring for your alcohol/canister comparison? How much fuel weight (per day, per boil, or otherwise) are you figuring into that...

In GEAR » Fastest alcohol boil with a mug type pot
February 25, 6:45pm

Re: Re: Bivy? What bivy?
"Ron is leaving out the fact that you have to add back at least 2 ounces for a groundsheet. And, the lightweight bivies are around 6 ounces, so that cuts down any potential difference to 1 oun...

In GEAR » Bivy? What bivy?
February 23, 9:24pm

summer warmth
If you're interested, campsaver has golite 40 deg down quilts on sale for 165 w/ free shipping. I just picked one up to give it a go for the summer. I'm also an Illinoisan, planning on a ...

In GEAR » Summertime sleeping bag advice
February 22, 7:47pm

virga
Another Virga owner here. At this point, it's a colder weather, or longer summer trip pack. Others would probably be better suited for that, but I got the thing cheap and haven't found goo...

In GEAR » F/ light loads (5-7lbs) is there anything more comfortable than the GraniteG Virga?
February 20, 1:28pm

hat
2 things I can think of right off the bat... The wind river range is named as such for a reason, plenty of places experience high winds regularly. I can't see that being an especially wind-...

In GEAR » Hat instead of sunscreen?
February 20, 12:05pm

eastons
Sounds to me like if they're pulling out of the ground, longer is better. The 9" Eastons seem like they fit the bill. My first thought was something Y-shaped like groundhogs, but if th...

In GEAR » Tent Stakes
February 15, 5:15pm

Re: American Silnylon not Acceptable?
I agree Mary, the progression often goes that route. I suppose I was put-off by Lawson's implication that because Ron was forced to outsource some portion of his manufacturing, that he was goi...

In Make Your Own Gear » American Silnylon not Acceptable?
February 09, 11:08pm

Re: Asia
"When you move your manufacturing to Asia I would say your no longer a cottage gear company.." Your willingness to shamelessly bash another manufacturer (a highly successful and well r...

In Make Your Own Gear » American Silnylon not Acceptable?
February 09, 9:39pm

Re: Bivy VS. Bag Liner?
Seems like you have most of your bases covered...I think the "being able to adjust the quilt for venting" piece of the puzzle would be especially valuable in that equation, that's one...

In GEAR » Bivy VS. Bag Liner?
February 09, 5:46pm

Re: Best Shelter For Wind
Be aware that Kooka Bay runs a fairly long lead time on their pads, there was a thread regarding this in the past week. Some were put-off because of long waits and spotty communication during said...

In GEAR » Best Shelter For Wind
February 09, 5:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm