BPL Community Profile

Charles Jennings (vigilguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern Utah
About Me Former Mechanical Engineer in the Aerospace Industry. Changed careers to sales and business development.

I own 6 packgoats and really enjoy their companionship and service while on the trail.
CityDeweyville
StateUtah
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles Jennings

Showing 141 - 150 of 217 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Crescent Moon
I own a pair of Crescent Moon Gold Series snowshoes and have used them extensively for two winters. The bindings attach and release very quickly and hold tight. Flotation is good. I have used...

In Gear Lists » Which Snowshoes?
November 06, 5:56pm

McHale
Tim- I own 3 McHale packs. An SCM-II, a Chasm, and a Merkebeiner. If you have the money, you won't regret going with a McHale. His suspensions will hold up to any amount of weight that yo...

In GEAR » Pack for Heavy loads
November 02, 12:22pm

Valandre' Split-S
Mark- I have been using the Valandre' Split-S jacket since November 2008. I use it in temps between 5 - 35 degrees and love it. The down fill is 4.7 oz and the jacket weighs 15.8 oz. ...

In GEAR » Down Jacket for Winter Camping
October 27, 11:11pm

VBL
If you are going out for more than 3 days, I'd take a vapor barrier liner too.

In Winter Hiking » Winter sleeping bag (-25 rating)
October 22, 9:36pm

Valandre' and Integral Designs could be considered as well
You may want to consider the Valandre Odin or Freja as well. Or bags by Integral Designs. The bags that you mentioned are fine bags and would serve you well. I guess it depends what features...

In Winter Hiking » Winter sleeping bag (-25 rating)
October 22, 9:34pm

Lighten up
You guys that are mocking Kutenay don't know him like I do. Sure, he is opinionated, but aren't we all to some extent? Before you criticize him and berate him from your cubicles, you ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Rifle
October 09, 10:40am

Full Dyneema
I have a Chasm full Dyneema pack. I have no idea what the thickness is. Most all of Dan's packs come with a pretty robust bottom that is made with Dyneema. I think he even said that you co...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How tough do you think your pack is?
October 08, 10:25am

Dyneema is tough stuff
A friend of mine and I lost our footing last autumn as we were descending a steep scree field and slid down on our butts (and packs) about 50-60 feet. We both got pretty skinned up...his pack had ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How tough do you think your pack is?
October 07, 10:13pm

Black Bear Precautions
If I was a newbie to backpacking in Bear Country, and was reading posts like,"Black Bears are not dangerous to adults", I might think, "what the heck, then I guess it's okay to s...

In GEAR » Does bear spray work with black bears and what brand?
September 11, 11:39am

Must've been using a McHale
:))

In Chaff » Only sissies carry less than 75lbs in the Sierras
September 10, 8:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Charles Jennings

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Caldera F-Keg Titanium Cone
I had the opportunity to go goatpacking with Josh Leavitt of Ti Goat, who hooked me up with a Ti version of the cone that fits with the Fosters can. As I recall, I had complained about how fragile th...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 22, 4:34pm

Valandre Bloody Mary
I have had the chance to test the Bloody Mary over the last few weeks, so this would be an INITIAL REVIEW, with more to follow. The Bloody Mary, rather than a specialized bag which some of Valandre...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
February 21, 3:26pm

Gossamer Gear
nm

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 21, 3:06pm