Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Larry Dyer (veriest1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Born 1984; raised in the sticks; grew up hiking, riding bikes, and camping; decided to combine them in 2009.
StateTX
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Dyer

Showing 141 - 150 of 465 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...47

Forum » Thread

Jam
I have a 2010 Jam and I find it to be excellent to just below 25 pounds with the hipbelt. I've trimmed the weight to just under 24 ounces so far (without the pad) and still have the hipbelt, co...

In GEAR » Packs, Packs, Packs
January 20, 10:38pm

Awesome!
Very nice. I'm bookmarking this thread for when I work up the gumption to get serious with the sewing machine.

In Make Your Own Gear » Backpack Straps, My Method
January 20, 10:27pm

Skills vs. Gear
I haven't been here that long compared to many of you however before I started posting much I read a ton of the archives and noticed a similar shift. Even since I started reading in late 2008 i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Early BPL Article
January 20, 8:35pm

Thanks
Thanks for the heads up. I snagged some random base layers for the wife and I.

In Gear Deals » campsaver up to 50% off
January 20, 7:18pm

WTB: Long SUL 40F Quilt
I guess I could make one but I've got other projects on the burner right now. I'm looking for a simple 40 degree quilt. MYOG is fine as is MLD or the old BPL quilts. I'd like for it to ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Long SUL 40F Quilt
January 20, 6:42pm

Serious
Pretty sure those guys are serious backpackers.

In On the Web » Long Treks: Peru y Bolivia- Lightweight longdistance trekking by longboard
January 20, 2:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Argument?
"heck, im a full time student with an ol' lady and two toddlers. id be lucky to go backpacking at all! i still manage a trip a month, sometimes two. my "ol' lady" loves ...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pads, Bony Hips, and Bubbles
January 20, 1:08am

Re: Re: Bivy cold spots.
"I toss and turn in my bivy -- with a large Neoair and a Ridgerest both inside and wearing puffy clothes with a puffy quilt, and get no compression/cold spots." What bivy and quilt are...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bivy cold spots
January 19, 10:57pm

Re: Big Bend Ranch State Park, December 2010
"much rather do that than fight crowds and carry water at BBNP" If you go in January it isn't so bad. I've been in late December though... forget that. The water isn't as b...

In Post-Trip Reports » Big Bend Ranch State Park, December 2010
January 19, 9:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Argument?
"What does backpacking have to do with any of it?" I dunno... I guess I just like throwing random words about. Wallabee.

In GEAR » Sleeping Pads, Bony Hips, and Bubbles
January 19, 1:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry Dyer

Larry Dyer has posted no reviews.