BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 141 - 150 of 1157 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...116

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: down in Apache
A full bladder will definitely chill you in winter. I can't remember why (IIRC something about keeping the urine warm and sterile) but your body directs a lot of warmth around your bladder when...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag comfort, long nights or age?
November 11, 12:25pm

Re: Help me choose some gear for Patagonia
If you're not using a hood with your quilt, 30F will feel cold no matter what. The alpine light should be more than enough (along with a wool or fleece beanie) to keep you warm. During the d...

In GEAR » Help me choose some gear for Patagonia
November 10, 6:27pm

Re: RE: Why does no one talk about these poles?
The collapsed length of the MSR poles is 28.7 inches. The minimum length is probably during operation (most likely you can't lock the poles at a length less than 41" but they will collaps...

In GEAR » Why does no one talk about these poles?
November 10, 3:48pm

Re: Hysol at retail stores?
The Hysol linked above is not the standard used for cuben fiber projects. It may work, but I don't know. The most commonly used is Hysol UL-09 (either LV or FL which just changes the viscosity ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Hysol at retail stores?
November 10, 3:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Looking for slightly used packs and sleeping bags
He asked for a ULA medium circuit in the OP, so I'm sure a medium would be good.

In Gear Deals » Looking for slightly used packs and sleeping bags
November 10, 11:22am

Re: SMD
Good point! Sometimes I forget people are just starting their path to lighten up =)

November 10, 1:18am

Re: kindle
Uhh, the Kindle Paperwhite came out last year. If the OP's is a couple years old that doesn't match up. Is this the kindle with a backlight or not? Also the with ads one I was under the ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Kindle Paperwhite w/ carrying case.
November 10, 1:14am

Re: Thanks!
if it's a one off project, you could probably just take a rasp/file/dremel to a square block of nylon and carve an almond shape easily enough after you drill a proper sized hole.

In Make Your Own Gear » Inflation Valves from Inflatable Sleeping Pads
November 10, 1:05am

Re: Check Gearswap
Gearswap for sure. Also other places to look (not so much cottage manufacturers but big names) would be geartrade.com. Lots of used gear sold on their for good prices (most comes from Backcountry.c...

November 09, 3:14pm

Re: Inflation Valves from Inflatable Sleeping Pads
You can buy a thermarest replacement valve as posted above. Jsut be warned that you'll have to fashion a plastic block similar to what TaR uses, or use a lot of glue to seal it to your project.

In Make Your Own Gear » Inflation Valves from Inflatable Sleeping Pads
November 09, 2:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.