Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 141 - 150 of 1214 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...122

Forum » Thread

GC
Oh yeah, the Grand Canyon is also great this time of year. Sure there'll be snow on the rim most likely, but once you descend a bit the weather should be actually really nice, if not warm.

In Pre-Trip Planning » AZ or NM winter hikes...no snow
December 12, 9:50pm

Re: AZ or NM winter hikes...no snow
The Highline Trail near Payson may be snow free. It follows the bottom of the Mogollon Rim so stays below 6K for a lot, with a ton of SW exposure to stay warm. Other than that you could make some l...

In Pre-Trip Planning » AZ or NM winter hikes...no snow
December 12, 9:47pm

Re: montbell
Basically any jacket of this weight will only be warm to around the freezing point depending on layering (my UL parka was good to about 40 usually). The MB UL in medium should fit you well and ...

In GEAR » Best choice among the UL down jackets?
December 12, 8:55am

Re: 0F Bags
Fill power is simply a measure of the quality of down. Specifically it's the volume of space that an ounce of down occupies after being weighted. So a higher fill power (say 800+ vs 650) will r...

In GEAR » 0F Sleeping Bags
December 11, 10:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eddie Bauer Peak XV specs
Yeah, I've been drooling over the Neutrino Plus for a few years now and I bought the trigger when I saw it on sale recently (not the usual deep discount but I'm employed again...). Still at...

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer Peak XV specs
December 11, 9:23pm

Re: Backwoods.com 25% off including WM
So I bought a WM Ultralite a few years back on one of the backwoods sale and was very pleased with the purchase. Well that bag was stolen from my car recently and now I get to replace it again on s...

In Gear Deals » Backwoods.com 25% off including WM
December 11, 9:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Eddie Bauer Peak XV specs
Dang you Stephen, now you're giving me a touch of buyer's remorse on my new Rab Neutrino Plus!

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer Peak XV specs
December 10, 9:34pm

Re: Fit
I agree with much the previous posters but I also want to add that I wouldn't trust the 5R rating of the sleeping pad. Maybe in ideal lab situations but not with someone actually laying on the ...

In GEAR » COld Spots
December 08, 5:39pm

Re: lightweight fleece jacket suggestions?
If you can get a Cap 4 on sale, do it. I just got a hoody today and it's definitely a special garment compared to standard grid fleeces! I foresee mine getting lots of double duty and may event...

In GEAR » lightweight fleece jacket suggestions?
December 07, 9:05pm

Re: Backpack for a Small Woman
My gf is around the same height and weight. She likes gregory packs that have narrow but thicker straps (skinny straps with more padding if that makes sense) since they don't dig into her traps...

In GEAR » Backpack for a Small Woman
December 07, 6:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.