Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Matt DeWitt (tritan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Love to camp, bike, fish ,jog and anything else outdoors. My computer is my 2nd wife.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matt DeWitt

Showing 141 - 150 of 189 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

recommendations for headnet?
forgot the headnet. Thanks. 100 percent Deet is on the list.

In Gear Lists » Newbie list/ Summer /weekend MI
February 14, 3:37pm

Newbie list/ Summer /weekend MI
I have asked many questions in these forums and gotten great answers. All my questions have been toward going on my first backpacking trip with my 8 year old son to South Manitou island, MI with so...

In Gear Lists » Newbie list/ Summer /weekend MI
February 14, 2:26pm

where is the best place to buy them?

In Multiple Use Gear » silnylon stuff sacks
February 12, 8:04pm

silnylon stuff sacks
I was thinking of getting some silnylon stuff sacks to lighten up and use one for a pillow with clothes in it. Would this work? I haven't ever used silnylon I have read it can be noise how woul...

In Multiple Use Gear » silnylon stuff sacks
February 12, 8:03pm

I don't have a preference on down vs sync. I hear down gets wet is cold but its the lightest. I was leaning toward down for the weight reasons. I live in MI so warm weather in July 80's and...

In GEAR » sleeping bags.
February 11, 8:38pm

sleeping bags.
Looking for my first sleeping bag for backpacking.Don't want to spend more then 200 if I can help it. any suggestions? I am 5"8 looking for lightweight and MI 3 seasons only mainly summer ...

In GEAR » sleeping bags.
February 10, 8:52pm

I wondered about the dirt issue too. For the price I am going to order one and give it a try with the bit valve. If it works for EDC then maybe a 2nd one without the valve.

In GEAR » Platy soft bottles
December 18, 10:19pm

Platy soft bottles
anybody use the new Platy soft bottles. Any pros or cons on the bit valve vs regular cap?

In GEAR » Platy soft bottles
December 16, 7:54pm

Thanks for the offer ,but I think I am getting the feeling I am going to need a more traditional pack to carry the load of my gear plus my sons. I saw Jason Klass recommended a REI Flash 65 a ligh...

In GEAR » Backpack suggestions for weekends
December 16, 7:25pm

Looks good have you done South Manitou island?

In On the Web » Michigan's Upper Peninsula Hiking Blog
December 16, 7:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Matt DeWitt

Matt DeWitt has posted no reviews.