BPL Community Profile

Matt DeWitt (tritan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Love to camp, bike, fish ,jog and anything else outdoors. My computer is my 2nd wife.
StateMi
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matt DeWitt

Showing 141 - 150 of 189 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

recommendations for headnet?
forgot the headnet. Thanks. 100 percent Deet is on the list.

In Gear Lists » Newbie list/ Summer /weekend MI
February 14, 3:37pm

Newbie list/ Summer /weekend MI
I have asked many questions in these forums and gotten great answers. All my questions have been toward going on my first backpacking trip with my 8 year old son to South Manitou island, MI with so...

In Gear Lists » Newbie list/ Summer /weekend MI
February 14, 2:26pm

cost
where is the best place to buy them?

In Multiple Use Gear » silnylon stuff sacks
February 12, 8:04pm

silnylon stuff sacks
I was thinking of getting some silnylon stuff sacks to lighten up and use one for a pillow with clothes in it. Would this work? I haven't ever used silnylon I have read it can be noise how woul...

In Multiple Use Gear » silnylon stuff sacks
February 12, 8:03pm

thanks
I don't have a preference on down vs sync. I hear down gets wet is cold but its the lightest. I was leaning toward down for the weight reasons. I live in MI so warm weather in July 80's and...

In GEAR » sleeping bags.
February 11, 8:38pm

sleeping bags.
Looking for my first sleeping bag for backpacking.Don't want to spend more then 200 if I can help it. any suggestions? I am 5"8 looking for lightweight and MI 3 seasons only mainly summer ...

In GEAR » sleeping bags.
February 10, 8:52pm

yep
I wondered about the dirt issue too. For the price I am going to order one and give it a try with the bit valve. If it works for EDC then maybe a 2nd one without the valve.

In GEAR » Platy soft bottles
December 18, 10:19pm

Platy soft bottles
anybody use the new Platy soft bottles. Any pros or cons on the bit valve vs regular cap?

In GEAR » Platy soft bottles
December 16, 7:54pm

pack
Thanks for the offer ,but I think I am getting the feeling I am going to need a more traditional pack to carry the load of my gear plus my sons. I saw Jason Klass recommended a REI Flash 65 a ligh...

In GEAR » Backpack suggestions for weekends
December 16, 7:25pm

website
Looks good have you done South Manitou island?

In On the Web » Michigan's Upper Peninsula Hiking Blog
December 16, 7:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Matt DeWitt

Matt DeWitt has posted no reviews.