Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tom Lyons (towaly) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Smoky Mtns.
About Me Likes the outdoors.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Lyons

Showing 141 - 150 of 299 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Argon
I'm pretty sure that Klymit has that Argon gas thing patented already, anyway. I think the aerogel thing is pretty interesting. I'm going to keep an eye on that.

In GEAR » 3mm Aerogel "Supersuit" going to Everest
September 18, 9:50am

Weber cubes
I use Weber lighter cubes, which are sold by Weber for lighting their charcoal grills. Sold in places like Lowe's Hardware. 24 individually packaged cubes for around $6, the last time I check...

In Philosophy & Technique » Solid Fuel Stove Techniques
September 18, 9:19am

One other option.
Jack, I just thought about the Lightheart Solo as a possibility. It has a very open format for the bug inner, and has what they call "stargazing mode" with the rain flaps open. I thoug...

In GEAR » Survey of lightweight one-person shelters?
September 17, 2:11pm

re
What some people do to see the stars is to sleep in the bug-netting inner tent, with the outer "rain fly" tarp setting next to it. This allows seeing the stars on a clear night. If i...

September 17, 10:00am

Re: Re: Re: Must have floor
Yes, correct the Notch and others mentioned are double wall. And heavier. The 19 ounces for the GC and Serenity inner tent after will vary somewhat, just like the weights will also vary with the...

September 16, 3:17pm

Klymit vest
I have the Klymit inflatable vest for such purposes. Even if you only use the air pump, and don't use the Argon, it's supposed to be warm down to 20*F. I haven't tried mine down in thos...

In GEAR » Sedentary vest options
September 16, 2:13pm

Re: SMD pole
Hi Andy, Thanks, but I also prefer the 49" pole length. I need the long one.

In GEAR » Pole for SMD Gatewood Cape
September 16, 2:01pm

Re: Must have floor
I understand. That's the reason I mentioned the Serentity net tent that is designed to go inside it as a matching set. That gives it a silnylon floor, and complete bug protecting. Just 19 ou...

September 16, 1:52pm

Gatewood Cape
Six Moons Gatewood Cape is awesome. Same weight as your paratarp, but real 4-side coverage. Doubles as a poncho. Can add the separate matching SMD Serenity Net-Tent to make it a double-wall sh...

September 16, 10:13am

You want magic?
Okay, I took a little trip "outside the box" and did some web searching. For the kind of attributes you want, it will require some added weight for the groundsheet. If you can accept a...

In GEAR » Groundsheet Space Blanket, Polycryo not tuff enuff
September 16, 8:17am

All Reader Reviews by Tom Lyons

Tom Lyons has posted no reviews.