BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 141 - 150 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Kilt, no. Breechclout, yes?
I think Flyfisher, Risk, Rick has the right idea. Breechclouts... http://www.imrisk.com/breechclout/breechclout.htm

In GEAR » skirt vs. pants
July 20, 1:59pm

Proportion, maybe?
While you probably will have some food smells in your tent, I would be willing to bet it is significantly weaker than what is drifting out of the bear bag. So, the bears are more likly to check ou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Philmont Summer 2006 -
July 20, 1:55pm

Re: Luxurylite
Look for messages from 'Medicine Man' on www.whiteblaze.net. I think he owns one of everything (pack, pillow, cot, etc.) from LuxaryLite. I, also, think their is a good write-up on this site as...

In GEAR » New cheaper Luxurylite frame pack
July 11, 8:43am

O2 Rainshield v. Dri Ducks -- same stuff
I asked Glen Van Peski (who has been using O2 stuff for quite some time) this same question last week. He said that they are basically the same stuff. No significant differeneces in material dura...

In Gear Lists » Southeast Spring and Fall Gear List
June 08, 3:25pm

Insect protection and wet feet?
Obviously these two issues are not as much of a conern for those in the Sierra's but those Scouts that hike in the East will have to deal with both bug and wet feet issues 6-8 months out of a year....

In Editor's Roundtable » Boy Scouts and Lightweight Backpacking
June 08, 3:20pm

spool in a cup...
I do place the tread in a tall cup on the table and run it over the top of my machine (through one of those binder clips) before it enters the upper tensioning arm. The cup is on the ground, thou...

In GEAR » Ray Way DIY kits???
June 07, 12:51pm

spool in a cup...
I do place the tread in a tall cup on the table and run it over the top of my machine (through one of those binder clips) before it enters the upper tensioning arm. The cup is on the ground, thou...

June 07, 9:33am

I'll check, but I don't see it working...
Since the tension adjustment is external to the bobbin itself, I fail to see how adjusting it would prevent this from occuring. Does the bobbin spin freely inside the holder? Or is it locked in p...

June 07, 7:56am

Bobbin tension not the answer?
I'm not sure that would help. As the thread basically unwinds inside the bobbin holder. Since the bobbin is allowed to spin freely inside the holder (at least I think it does on my Pfaff), adjust...

June 07, 7:23am

Exploding thread...
I have Ray's thread as well. While it is quite strong, I stopped using it as it explodes in my bobbins when they about 1/3 full resulting in a rat's nest on the back side of the fabric. The threa...

June 06, 7:58am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.