Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tim Haynes (timalan) - BPL Guest

My Locale Mid Atlantic
About Me Early 30s, newly married, work in communications with children's hospitals around the country. Relatively new to lightweight philosophies, but excited to learn and teach others.
CityAlexandria
StateVA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListRough Draft gearlist - solo trips

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tim Haynes

Showing 141 - 150 of 306 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...31

Forum » Thread

Pacific Outdoor Equipment
My only firsthand experience with POE has been with a pair of the Eco Thermo pads that my wife and I have used for cold weather camping the past few years. I've had no problems and have been im...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
October 04, 9:21am

Re: Just fine
Stephen, What temps have you used it down to? And with what bag/layering system? From Konrad's post, it sounds like the potential problems with the POE Elite AC (assuming it holds air) are unl...

In GEAR » My frustrating times with the Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak AC
October 04, 8:28am

Snow Peak LiteMax Stove
Great stove. I've been using one for years... looking to move to a caldera system too for weight savings, but regardless, I'll be keeping my LiteMax for group trips (4+ people); great simme...

In Gear Swap » FS: Snow Peak LiteMax Stove -- Lightly Used -- $35
September 30, 12:32pm

craigslist: WM Puma GWS $355 (list is $740)
This popped up in my local craigslist this morning. I've got no need for a -25 degree bag, but I figure someone here might: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/spo/2624542994.html

In Gear Deals » craigslist: WM Puma GWS $355 (list is $740)
September 30, 6:56am

Target weight for a 20F sleeping bag
I recently sold a GoLite Feather 20 that was 30.7 oz if I remember correctly. So same thing, just under 2 lbs. Lightest production bag I know of at that temp is a Feathered Friends Hummingbird, at ...

In GEAR » Target weight for a 20F sleeping bag?
September 29, 10:52am

fast-drying footwear
I use the Inov-8 X-Talon 240 Extreme Trail shoes for a lot of my hiking... very fast drying for shoes that have some padding, and weigh less than 9oz each in a size 10.5. For reference, the names o...

In GEAR » Quick Drying Footwear
September 28, 11:12am

MYOG one-person tent
Nice job with the MYOG tent. Looks like a great design.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Ultralight solo tent
September 28, 9:26am

women's puffy down jackets
My wife has the Stoic down jacket, which we picked up last spring at a great price. They are currently selling it for $110, which is more than we paid, but still not bad for what you get. On my sca...

In Gear Deals » women's puffy down jackets on sale?
September 28, 9:18am

Gossamer Gear Murmur Hyperlight
You've got PM. I'll take it.

In Gear Swap » FS- Gossamer Gear Murmur Hyperlight
September 27, 7:29pm

Suggestions on gloves that can withstand heat?
I appreciate the suggestions. Ideally, I want something that works as all-purpose gloves for the trail -- not just for campfire or cooking. So in a perfect world, they would also have good grip and...

In GEAR » Suggestions on gloves that can withstand heat?
September 27, 2:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Tim Haynes

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Camp Xenon 4
New for spring/summer 2011, I was really excited about the Camp Xenon 4 poles. They looked like the best value/weight option on the market, so I was really excited to try them out. The 120cm poles spe...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 10:59am

Stoic LTWT Sleeping Pad - short
I recently picked up a pair of these when they were a good price (~$20/each); I usually use Z-Rests, but my wife prefers an inflatable mat, and these fit the bill for cost/weight/value. shape is nicel...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 06, 1:56pm

Big Agnes Pumphouse Multi-Use Dry Sack and Pad Pump
I agree with previous reviews that this bag only does one thing well -- put air in your sleeping pad. That said, I bring it along on most trips with friends, and it makes it easier for many people -- ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 09, 10:48am