BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 141 - 150 of 365 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Packs @REI recommendations
"Hi Nick, It would be an internal frame I am looking for. Cheers" In that case check out the Deuter ACT lite. Very comfy pack, but YMMV. The only thing I don't like is th...

In GEAR » Packs @REI recommendations
February 24, 4:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Packs @REI recommendations
External frame? I love my deuter act lite(internal frame), and it was the most comfortable with 35 lbs of all the packs listed so far. I literally spent all day trying on every pack REI carries....

In GEAR » Packs @REI recommendations
February 24, 2:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Everyday Carry
Jake D: Are you paranoid for wearing your seatbelt? Or maybe you're compensating for something? Although I partially agree with you about large knives. However, I think it's mostly due...

In GEAR » Everyday Carry
February 24, 2:46pm

Re: How to make my cookset better?
I would say it sounds heavy, but it Sounds like this is for more than just backpacking. In that case it sounds good. What are u doing that the cat stove is not sturdy enough? Or did you mean stab...

In GEAR » How to make my cookset better?
February 24, 8:55am

Re: EDC in the context of Backpacking
"*on a lanyard in my pocket and attached to belt loop with cord Small swiss army knife Nano Striker small led flashlight (suggestions welcome)" -Ian You might like my right back p...

In GEAR » Everyday Carry
February 24, 8:45am

Re: I can't wait for mine to get here!
Chad, Might I ask why the move from the hexamid? I've been considering the hexamid, but am undecided about the net floor. What is it that makes it worth losing floor space and gaining weight,...

In GEAR » New Yama Mountain Gear cuben shelter
February 23, 7:35pm

They have a double wall!
Did anyone notice they have the same tent in a full double wall for 2oz. less! only 17oz. and it looks like a few more could be cut if they were willing to do modifications on request. http://ww...

In GEAR » New Yama Mountain Gear cuben shelter
February 22, 12:23pm

problem with cottage packs
I find, that this is the biggest problem with cottage brand backpacks. There is no way to try them on. I'm a big believer in walking around with weight in a pack before buying, but when none of...

In GEAR » Just musing/ranting about which pack to buy
February 20, 9:07am

Re: Why no hate for tobbaco
To add to Paul's post: Traffic deaths that were alcohol related in 1998 15,935 (http://www.madd.org) Murders by guns in the US for 1998 9,143 (1998 Uniform Crime Report) CDC...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
February 20, 7:32am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Solo security
"To my knowledge, I can carry a pistol into a national forest or blm land. There shouldn't be an issue with that. State Parks or National parks are a no go. " - Justin Justin, plea...

In GEAR » Solo Wilderness Security
February 20, 3:34am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.