BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 141 - 150 of 375 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Bay Area Backcountry Camping
If by "backcountry" you mean "camp wherever you dang well please", then Henry Coe is the only place I know of. But, Point Reyes and Big Basin are nice places to backpack if you...

In GEAR » Bay Area Backcountry Camping
February 26, 5:55pm

Re: Thinking...
Max: if you are undecided, check out Craigslist and eBay. You should be able to find an old jansport or kelty for $20. Cheap way to find out if you like it before buying a new model. Unless of co...

In GEAR » External Frame Packs?
February 25, 6:25pm

Re: Re: "External Frame Packs?"
Brian: Like Mr. Fowler, I am also working on a UL external frame, although, you are likely to see his before mine. I think there is a lot of potential for UL externals. Time, and the market, will ...

February 25, 5:46pm

Re: Steripen Opti still the way to go?
Check out the sawyer squeeze filter. I switched to it from the steripen. It's lighter and faster. Get rid of the bags that come with it though. Use two one liter bottles or bladders. On...

In GEAR » Steripen Opti still the way to go?
February 25, 3:17pm

Re: try 'em to see if you like 'me
I'll second, the walmart suggestion. Cheap way to find out if you like them. Personally I didn't use them until I blew my knee out on a trail. Fashioned a pole from a sapling, and was su...

In GEAR » Buying a Tarptent... need trekking poles
February 25, 6:39am

Re: A good alternative?
So what ever happened with neverwet? Prove to not be all that it claimed, and therefore died before release? Or is it out there, and I just haven't seen anything about it?

In GEAR » NeverWet superhydrophobic spray on coating
February 25, 6:24am

Re: check out daryl's posts
Yes, I've read all his posts, thank you. I'm looking to go in a different direction however.

In Multiple Use Gear » What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
February 24, 8:47pm

Re: External Frame Packs?
Take what I say with a grain of salt, as I'm somewhat new to backpacking and have never used an external frame. While I really like my current internal frame pack, I hate the sweaty back and...

February 24, 8:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Packs @REI recommendations
Yeah. After a half hour of walking around I started to notice pressure on my lower back, like the arched frame was digging in

In GEAR » Packs @REI recommendations
February 24, 5:42pm

Re: Everyday Carry
Jake: Agreed, this should probably be in Chaff. I don't think many people here backpack everyday... That being said, I can't resist beating this horse, it's just so dead. How ca...

In GEAR » Everyday Carry
February 24, 5:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.