November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 141 - 150 of 377 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Knife? Fry Pan?
Well, if you carry the Mora on your belt, it doesn't count as pack weight... I always take a fixed blade with me, but your Gerber should be all you need for trout. I never fillet trout less...

In Fishing » Knife? Fry Pan?
February 27, 3:22am

Re: Re: Bay Area Backcountry Camping - Books
Well, heck, if you're willing to drive 3 hours, might as well head to Tahoe...

In GEAR » Bay Area Backcountry Camping
February 27, 12:52am

Re: Bay Area Backcountry Camping
If by "backcountry" you mean "camp wherever you dang well please", then Henry Coe is the only place I know of. But, Point Reyes and Big Basin are nice places to backpack if you...

In GEAR » Bay Area Backcountry Camping
February 26, 5:55pm

Re: Thinking...
Max: if you are undecided, check out Craigslist and eBay. You should be able to find an old jansport or kelty for $20. Cheap way to find out if you like it before buying a new model. Unless of co...

In GEAR » External Frame Packs?
February 25, 6:25pm

Re: Re: "External Frame Packs?"
Brian: Like Mr. Fowler, I am also working on a UL external frame, although, you are likely to see his before mine. I think there is a lot of potential for UL externals. Time, and the market, will ...

February 25, 5:46pm

Re: Steripen Opti still the way to go?
Check out the sawyer squeeze filter. I switched to it from the steripen. It's lighter and faster. Get rid of the bags that come with it though. Use two one liter bottles or bladders. On...

In GEAR » Steripen Opti still the way to go?
February 25, 3:17pm

Re: try 'em to see if you like 'me
I'll second, the walmart suggestion. Cheap way to find out if you like them. Personally I didn't use them until I blew my knee out on a trail. Fashioned a pole from a sapling, and was su...

In GEAR » Buying a Tarptent... need trekking poles
February 25, 6:39am

Re: A good alternative?
So what ever happened with neverwet? Prove to not be all that it claimed, and therefore died before release? Or is it out there, and I just haven't seen anything about it?

In GEAR » NeverWet superhydrophobic spray on coating
February 25, 6:24am

Re: check out daryl's posts
Yes, I've read all his posts, thank you. I'm looking to go in a different direction however.

In Multiple Use Gear » What size CF tube to match strength of alum tube?
February 24, 8:47pm

Re: External Frame Packs?
Take what I say with a grain of salt, as I'm somewhat new to backpacking and have never used an external frame. While I really like my current internal frame pack, I hate the sweaty back and...

February 24, 8:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.