BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 141 - 150 of 460 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...46

Forum » Thread

Who cares?
Jake, if you don't like trail magic, then you have 3 options: 1) hike trails that don't have trail magic 2) hike trails in seasons when no one is doing hiker feeds (we hiked the first...

In Chaff » Trail Magic definition... diluted?
June 22, 2:55am

Cost?
Nice-looking tarp. Can I ask how much it costs?

In Make Your Own Gear » The Shadow: A custom designed and built shelter for BPL user Ben S. (Virga Outdoors)
June 15, 3:58pm

Re: Spork Science - Must Read
FYI, that comic is from xkcd.com which is essential reading for geeks with a sense of humor. By the way, that comic has a punchline: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/forks_and_spoons.png

In Chaff » Spork Science - Must Read
June 13, 5:14pm

Early to bed
FYI, nights are over 12 hours long by late September. I don't think I'd be capable of sleeping that much even if I wanted to. Unless you plan to lounge in your hammock for hours each nigh...

In Gear Lists » September AT Section in NC
June 12, 12:38pm

September AT Section in NC
I did this section in late September last year (actually from Springer to Newfound Gap). The coldest it got was maybe 35 degrees. Most nights were in the 40s and 50s. A 15-degree quilt may be ex...

In Gear Lists » September AT Section in NC
June 11, 7:17pm

Half
I ran my first half in March. I made up my own 12-week training plan using elements from a number of others. From what I've read, the details don't matter much, but there are 3 key things...

In Chaff » half marathons
June 10, 11:57am

Uh...
Have any of the above commenters actually seen the movie? I think I'll wait to see a review from someone who's seen more than the trailer before I decide if it's worth my time.

In Chaff » beauty beneath the dirt vid
June 05, 6:45pm

Black flies
FWIW, I've never been bitten by black flies through any kind of clothing, even light poly t-shirts. They don't have a long proboscis like mosquitoes do, so I think they need bare skin to b...

In GEAR » Recommendations for long shirt/pants to combat black flies!
May 28, 12:17pm

NM
Thought I had one here, but it's at someone else's house.

In Gear Swap » WTD: Msr Titan Kettle or similar sized Pot that would fit a Titan Kettle caldera cone
May 10, 5:01pm

Shirts
PM sent on the shirts.

In Gear Swap » PIF: Women's Small shirts and size 8 running shoes
May 04, 4:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm