BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 141 - 150 of 1246 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...125

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Cookie dough - YUCK
Someone here makes their own yogurt on trail, I forget who. I think they start with a cup of store-bought the first day and save some to innoculate a jar of reconstituted milk for days thereafter. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Winter Comfort Food
December 14, 7:46am

Re: Well
The only way to do this and not be a narf about it is passive advertising. Get the BPL URL embroidered on your pack or something.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Infographic / flier to hand out to newbies to help lighten their packs.
December 13, 2:47pm

A+ application of personal catchphrase

In Chaff » A+ application of personal catchphrase
December 13, 2:12pm

Re: Cookie dough - YUCK
Stuart, I will forgive your heinous panning of the god-dough b/c that scone recipe looks fantastic.

December 12, 10:10am

Re: Sierra High Route/JMT Hybrid - August 2013 - A Backcountry Adventure
Superb. Really superb. Congrats to you both!

In Post-Trip Reports » Sierra High Route/JMT Hybrid - August 2013 - A Backcountry Adventure
December 12, 9:00am

Re: Winter Comfort Food
Cookie dough? Full of butter and sugar and possibly chocolate chips. I like good fruitcake too.

December 11, 3:33pm

"Charity is not a substitute for justice"
Fiscal stability that relies on gifts is not stability. It is a guarantee of insecurity: income based not on work but on whim. Capricious generosity is not a replacement for a living wage, nor is i...

In Chaff » "Charity is not a substitute for justice"
December 10, 8:33pm

Re: Re: Interesting things you would do with your lottery winnings
That's the spirit, Ian! I kinda figured donations were de rigeur...was more interested in hearing people's oddball bucket list stuff. Things you would never do unless you had more ...

In Chaff » Interesting things you would do with your lottery winnings
December 10, 7:34pm

Re: Re: Colder weather weekend trips, hydro flask?
If you really want to keep your tea hot for long, you'll need a proper vacuum thermos, and they aren't light. Convenient not to have to mess with heating water, but you won't be saving ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Colder weather weekend trips, hydro flask?
December 07, 8:47am

Re: Re: the non-aggression principle
Of course it's voluntary. People who're systemically oppressed by society freely decide to minimize engagement with said society and live collectively or in a mutually accountable community...

In Chaff » the non-aggression principle
December 05, 8:34pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.