Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve Meier (smeier) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me I am in my late-40's and really got interested in backpacking about 10 years ago as a way to have some concentrated time with my boys, now all finishing up high school or in college. I try to get out a few times a year, including a bi-annual trip to Colorado for some of the big stuff. Otherwise I am stuck in the very boring midwest where everything exciting is a good day's drive away.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListUL tarp-solo

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve Meier

Showing 141 - 150 of 270 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...27

Forum » Thread

Breeze or Antifreeze?
I am new to hammocking and looking to get my first UQ. I went to Te-wa's website as quite a few members seem to use their products. If you had to go with only one underquilt, would you go wit...

In Hammocks » Underquilt or Pad?
May 21, 9:22am

yikes!
on another note ... why cant men wear those tight yoga lululemon, especially the recalled ultra sheer ones ... seems like the perfect "base layer" Ha! At 245 lbs and out of shape, I...

In GEAR » Can a Guy use a Women's Pack?
May 14, 3:32pm

women's poles
I've used women's poles for years to save weight and Leki has some great ones that are adjustable with cork handles. By the way, I'm 6' and 245 lbs and at 49 years old, stumble mor...

In GEAR » Lightest Adjustable Aluminum Treking poles...
May 14, 3:28pm

Nalgene Canteen
I've used the Nalgene Canteen soft-sided, wide-mouth bottles for years without issue. I had one finally leak on my last outing but it was probably 6 years old. I use them for the same reason-...

In GEAR » Best water bottle with wide mouth and light?
May 09, 5:47am

Thermarest sheets
Thermarest makes synthetic pad covers for the NeoAirs that feel like cotton to the skin. I use the covers whenever it is going to be warmer at night and I won't be wearing long sleeves or long...

In GEAR » Addressing ground-side breathability problems while sleeping
May 07, 12:43pm

Interested if falls through
Let me know if the current deal falls through--I'm interested in the tent as well.

In Gear Swap » FS - MSR Hubba Hubba tent w/Gear Shed attachment and footprint
May 07, 9:04am

narrow feet
I've found the LaSportiva's to be very narrow and much narrower than the RocLite's. Saying that, I found both to be comfortable and am a Innov-8 wearer now. Hard to believe how light ...

In GEAR » Inov8 - Stickyness of soles
May 01, 7:35am

Check this out...
REI sells the Stuff Travel Daypack that is just what you're describing: 22 litres, light (10 oz but lighter if you cut off the unnecessary waistbelt), with 2 outside water bottles pockets. It ...

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer Quickpack Daypack 18 Liter Backpack
April 30, 9:04am

BA Platinum not practical for two
I have the Big Agnes UL 2 Platinum and it definitely is not practical for two-its awesome for one however. I use a BA Fly Creek 3 for two people and at just over 3 lbs for a true tent, it's ve...

In GEAR » Lightest/Most packable 2 person shelter?
April 26, 3:33pm

tent only
I don't need the footprint or gear shed but might be interested in the tent only if willing to sell separately. How much would the tent only be?

In Gear Swap » FS - MSR Hubba Hubba tent w/Gear Shed attachment and footprint
April 22, 6:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve Meier

Steve Meier has posted no reviews.