BPL Community Profile

Steve Meier (smeier) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me I am in my late-40's and really got interested in backpacking about 10 years ago as a way to have some concentrated time with my boys, now all finishing up high school or in college. I try to get out a few times a year, including a bi-annual trip to Colorado for some of the big stuff. Otherwise I am stuck in the very boring midwest where everything exciting is a good day's drive away.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListUL tarp-solo

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve Meier

Showing 141 - 150 of 227 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Forum » Thread

BA Fly Creek 2 Platinum
I recently got the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 2 Platinum and am impressed. All in at 2 lbs with stakes and guy lines and while small for two, a lot of room for one. I am 6' tall, 250 lbs, use a E...

In GEAR » What's your favorite 3-season 1P tent?
January 08, 10:31am

for breaks
I use my Nano 7 just for breaks and relaxing at the end of the day. I've not tried a hammock as my main shelter so can't speak to that. I'm 6' and 250 lbs and find the Nano 7 pret...

In Hammocks » Hammock Setup
January 04, 8:24am

smaller bags
The pot seems large enough to me--I would do some dry runs before the hike to test it out. My other thought is for convenience sake do seperate freezer bags for you and your wife and package your i...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Freezer Bag Cooking for 2
January 04, 8:20am

I have both
I have both of Papa Smurf's/Dream-Hammock's bug socks. The tulle weighs in at 2.1 oz but is very delicate. I ripped a hole in it the first time out just by letting it hit the ground. Won...

In Hammocks » Hammock Setup
January 03, 2:39pm

GGG--what is it?
I read from time to time references to the midwest GGG or a GGG on the west coast in these forums. What is it?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » GGG--what is it?
January 03, 6:20am

Pictured Rock in April
Can anybody tell me what kind of weather to expect at Pictured Rock in UP, Michigan in mid-April? I can always look up temperature averages but was wanting some input from personal experience. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pictured Rock in April
January 02, 12:28pm

Borrow mine
Micheal, I have two BV500's and you can borrow mine the next time you visit your in-laws. We aren't going anywhere this year that requires them.

In Gear Swap » WTB: BV500
January 02, 9:58am

+3 on Katabatic
+3 on Katabatic. My Palasaides is an absolutely gorgeous piece of gear. I am amazed at the loft for a 30 degree bag and the design all around is stellar.

In GEAR » Nunatak craftsmanship compared to other bag makers?
January 02, 9:55am

shirts?
Tim, I might have a couple of Patagonia LS' that are size XXL but run very large. I'm 250 lbs and they are big on me. Can you use them?

In Gear Swap » Donate Some Gear?
January 01, 4:17pm

Careful on the pack size
You have some very good lightweight (not UL) choices for packs at REI and I would recommend you look at the Osprey Exos 46 or Osprey Talon 44. Both are very comfortable and both come in larger siz...

In Gear Lists » Going from Traditional to Lightweight
December 30, 6:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Steve Meier

Steve Meier has posted no reviews.