Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hendrik Morkel (skullmonkey) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Finland
About Me Wilderness Guide, environmentalist, entrepreneur.
CityTampere
CountryFinland
My Website URLhttp://www.hikinginfinland.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hendrik Morkel

Showing 141 - 150 of 396 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...40

Forum » Thread

Re: Ti-Tri Caldera
Burned wood is nothing else than charcoal, so sure, you can use it. If you carry it for starting a fire, consider an Esbit tablet, that works far better and is smaller in size and weight.

In GEAR » Ti-Tri Caldera
April 07, 1:15am

Everyman's right
Iceland has the so-called Everyman's Right, or freedom to roam, which allows you to camp and walk pretty much wherever you want. You don't need to stick to trails or the like. Google Everym...

In GEAR » Which tent for Iceland trek
April 07, 1:12am

Alive and kicking!
I see no reason why spinnaker should be on the way of demise. The above comparison of price, waterproofness, UV resistance, abrasion, etc. shows there is a definite gap between Silnylon and Cuben, ...

In GEAR » Is spinnaker dead
April 07, 1:07am

Re: Re: Re: Bushbuddy/Ti-Tri at altitude?
As Don said, you can simmer just fine with wood, with the precondition you know how to. Feed it with cones or other biomass which has a slow burn, and you shall be fine. Personally I think simme...

In GEAR » Bushbuddy/Ti-Tri at altitude?
April 07, 12:59am

Re: MLD Rain Mitts - Medium
I have the size Medium and they're huge for me. Even with a liner glove they're still huge, so: 1. No, they're not substantially smaller, and will be more than fine for the average p...

In GEAR » MLD Rain Mitts - Medium
April 07, 12:50am

Tarptent and Hilleberg
I do think the Tarptent Scarp 1 will be up to the task, but if you want to be 100% sure, go for the Hilleberg Soulo. Both are free standing and can take some abuse and wind, but the Soulo will be ...

In GEAR » Arctic tent
April 05, 9:22am

Lightweight?
While the Soulo is a great tent, its way too heavy. The Nallo 2 falls also in the heavy but good category, so for a UL forum strange suggestions imo. Have a look at the Scarp 1, Bartosz, its a ...

In GEAR » Which tent for Iceland trek
April 01, 3:10am

Donald Kevilus from Four Dog Stove
Donald Kevilus from Four Dog Stove answers my questions today, so grab a cup of tea and learn about the inventor of the Bushcooker LT!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cottage manufacturers - interviewed
March 29, 10:19am

Europe rocks!
As the iPhone is out of the question, so is Trailguru then. That would have satisfied all your needs, from uploading, photos and all other stuff. If that makes you reconsider the iPhone, you mig...

In GEAR » GPS for pilgrimage blogging
March 29, 8:06am

hammockforums.net
Hi Ben, I don't own either (am a ground dweller =) but you might want to consider asking the nice folks over on hammockforums.net as they know that kind of stuff much better than we gram wee...

In GEAR » Hennessy Hammock Weight Question
March 29, 7:57am

All Reader Reviews by Hendrik Morkel

Hendrik Morkel has posted no reviews.