BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 141 - 150 of 1110 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...111

Forum » Thread

Pressing the help button: Drama on andromea
My field experience with my Spot would suggest that these guys couldn't have done the "right thing" even if they tried. If they had left their Spot turned on while clinging to the si...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pressing the help button: Drama on andromea
November 06, 1:25am

giardiasis
>> Published reports of confirmed giardiasis among outdoor recreationists clearly demonstrate a high incidence among this population << I think this statement just confirms my point,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » POP QUIZ
November 03, 11:03am

Giardia
I suspect far fewer people are actually infected in the back-country than they think. Since the symptoms of a giardia infection don't show up for anywhere up to 3 weeks, how do you really kn...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » POP QUIZ
November 03, 1:21am

MSR Hubba NX
I think it looks quite good and I particularly like that manufacturers are starting to build their inner tents with partially solid sides. I can't see myself ever going back to a full mesh inn...

In GEAR » MSR Hubba NX
November 01, 10:07pm

More down jacket talk
If you fit a size XL, this is hard to beat. http://www.campsaver.com/alpine-light-down-jacket-2012-men-s Edit: fixed link

In GEAR » More down jacket talk
October 31, 2:14pm

Still waiting for Zebralight H52W
I pre-ordered an H52W on Sept 30th and received an email from Zebralight a couple days ago saying my order had shipped. Since I'm in Canada, it ships from China, so I suspect delivery will be ...

In GEAR » Still waiting for Zebralight H52
October 30, 7:33pm

Mercury...
It's not the size of the fish that's the issue with mercury contamination, it's the fishes "age" that creates a concern regarding mercury ingestion. Mercury accumulates over ...

In Fishing » Cooking Trout
October 29, 2:30pm

InReach SE... beyond the obvious
We all know what the inReach SE does and it seems to do it very well. I just read Rex's last entry in the lengthy "DeLorme inReach SE announced..." thread and was interested in hea...

In GEAR » InReach SE... beyond the obvious
October 25, 9:54pm

To GPS, or not to GPS
I'm very much a GPS user and like to have one with me when I'm in the backcountry however, it sounds to me like you should save the weight (and hassle) and just use your phone. Make su...

In GEAR » To GPS, or not to GPS
October 23, 2:34pm

Best Headlamp
What concerns me about this thread (and claimed by Princeton Tec) is that some poor soul is going to think he can take off for a week into the back-country with his VIZZ and only take one set of ba...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 22, 12:48am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm