BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale WNC
About Me I backpack and packraft, and sometimes teach both. I bicycle and ride a motorcycle. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I do Yoga. I have wilderness medical and whitewater rescue training. I can be a bit of a gear junky, although I seem to read more and buy less these days.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://getlostoutfitters.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 141 - 150 of 2475 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...248

Forum » Thread

Re: Layering two down jackets for winter conditions?
Heavier and more complex, but it should work fine assuming minimal compression of the inner layer.

In GEAR » Layering two down jackets for winter conditions?
December 30, 7:52pm

Re: Re: Re: WAIT...
I'm pretty certain they steam clean the %^&* out of it to get full loft capability. I'm not an ornithologist, but I don't think it has too much oil on it while on the birds either. ...

In GEAR » Which of these 3 down jackets?
December 30, 12:17pm

FS: Paramo Vista Jacket - Men's Small
Bump. Also open to possible trades and always open to offers.

In Gear Swap » FS: Paramo Vista Jacket - Men's Small
December 30, 11:43am

FS/FT: Custom leaf green HMG Echo II
Still for sale or trade.

In Gear Swap » FS: Custom leaf green HMG Echo II
December 30, 11:42am

Re: WAIT...
I wouldn't hold my breath on the DWR down stuff. Think about how down insulates and then think about what adding a coating to it does as far as weighing it down and not allowing for the same lo...

In GEAR » Which of these 3 down jackets?
December 30, 11:41am

Re: Quilt Suggestion for Newbie
Keep in mind those ratings are with a typical male in mind. On average, a typical female will sleep 10-12F colder. For what you're looking at (down to 23 F with layers) I'd suggest the Kata...

In GEAR » Quilt Suggestion for Newbie
December 29, 3:23pm

Re: Chris - Rab Xenon sizing
For me, if it's raining and cold enough to need a puffy, I'm not sitting outside. Short - I've never worn my Xenon and a shell at the same time.

In Editor's Roundtable » 2012 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 29, 3:08pm

Re: Rab Xenon sizing based on use
No worries about questions and feel free to PM me (goes for anyone). Mine is sized the same as my other Rab items. I have enough room under it to wear a couple of shirts and a Rab Micro (fleece)...

December 29, 2:10pm

Re: How does the Rab Xenon compare with Patagonia Nano Puff Hooded?
I had the original Nano Puff pullover. The Xenon is about the same weight or maybe a little lighter thanks to the fabric but offers a full-zip. It's undoubtedly lighter than full-zip Nano. The ...

December 29, 12:52pm

Re: Fuel used?
Depends on what the vehicle is geared for. You can gear for max efficiency at 60 or 100.

In Philosophy & Technique » A Question for You Physics Experts
December 29, 11:38am

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.