BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale WNC
About Me I backpack and packraft, and sometimes teach both. I bicycle and ride a motorcycle. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I do Yoga. I have wilderness medical and whitewater rescue training. I can be a bit of a gear junky, although I seem to read more and buy less these days.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://getlostoutfitters.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 141 - 150 of 2470 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...247

Forum » Thread

Re: Quilt Suggestion for Newbie
Keep in mind those ratings are with a typical male in mind. On average, a typical female will sleep 10-12F colder. For what you're looking at (down to 23 F with layers) I'd suggest the Kata...

In GEAR » Quilt Suggestion for Newbie
December 29, 3:23pm

Re: Chris - Rab Xenon sizing
For me, if it's raining and cold enough to need a puffy, I'm not sitting outside. Short - I've never worn my Xenon and a shell at the same time.

In Editor's Roundtable » 2012 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 29, 3:08pm

Re: Rab Xenon sizing based on use
No worries about questions and feel free to PM me (goes for anyone). Mine is sized the same as my other Rab items. I have enough room under it to wear a couple of shirts and a Rab Micro (fleece)...

December 29, 2:10pm

Re: How does the Rab Xenon compare with Patagonia Nano Puff Hooded?
I had the original Nano Puff pullover. The Xenon is about the same weight or maybe a little lighter thanks to the fabric but offers a full-zip. It's undoubtedly lighter than full-zip Nano. The ...

December 29, 12:52pm

Re: Fuel used?
Depends on what the vehicle is geared for. You can gear for max efficiency at 60 or 100.

In Philosophy & Technique » A Question for You Physics Experts
December 29, 11:38am

Re: Running vs walking
Short story - it's roughly the same if the only variable is speed. You can get as technical as you want, but the outcome won't change.

In Philosophy & Technique » A Question for You Physics Experts
December 29, 7:32am

Weights
Astral V-Eight with NRS Co-Pilot - 2 lbs Astral Sea Wolf with rescue belt and Spyderco Tasman Salt - 2lb 14 oz NRS Pro (spectra/dyneema rope) Compact with locking biner - 1lb 4 oz Kong Scara...

In GEAR » Arc blast for carrying packraft?
December 29, 6:40am

Re: Re: Re: Weight
Let me weigh my PFD, helmet, etc. and I'll get back to you. I'm pretty sure any real class 3 PFD is closer to 2 lbs. Throw bag and knife are probably heavier than you have listed as well. ...

December 29, 6:19am

Re: Weight
How do you figure 20 lbs pack weight? Boat, paddle, pfd, river safety gear, etc is going to be around 10 lbs. Regular backpacking gear is likely around 10 lbs. Thats 20 before consumables. U...

December 28, 7:32pm

Re: Wet raft
Yes, outside the pack but I use an HMG Porter as do a lot of other packrafters much more prominent than myself (Forrest McCarthy, Roman Dial, Luc Mehl, Thomas Turiano). Skurka uses a ULA Epic. When...

December 28, 6:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.