BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 141 - 150 of 305 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...31

Forum » Thread

New Home Page!
Very well done! Great idea to get rid of the clutter.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » New Home Page?
October 09, 9:45am

Tea infuser
I bought a Tuffy Steeper from The Tea Spot about three years ago and use it in the kitchen and on the trail. You can get one in a nice range of colours - easy to find when it slips down to the bott...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » UL tea strainer NOT disposable
October 09, 9:29am

Removing rust from steel
Rubbing with lemon juice will take the rust right off. You might need to use a green scratchy pad if the blade is pitted, but don't use steel wool. Sharpen the blade and be sure to use honing oil.

In GEAR » Help: Remove Rust from Knife
October 01, 7:30pm

End of the Regular Season
The best part is the hockey season begins. I need a fast moving game after watching too many 9-inning disappointments over the length of the season.

In Chaff » End of the Regular Season
September 29, 11:18am

"What Would Jesus Carry?"
Didn't carry toilet paper back then, wouldn't carry it now. Jesus said to his group in the Gospel of Thomas, "Carry nothing but what you wear." and "Be thru-hikers.". ...

In GEAR » What Would Jesus Carry?
September 22, 8:41pm

Fun
My hiking group had a simple definition of fun at our usual after-hike beer night: Nobody gets hurt, and somebody gets a new nickname.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Levels of Fun - Skurka's?
September 18, 9:09pm

Big sale at cabelas.com
You might head over to their 50th Year Sale and look through the raingear. I'll check it out later... right now the dog is insisting that we go for a walk.

In GEAR » Seeking Raingear Recommendations
September 15, 9:03pm

Easton Aluminum Nail Stakes
Put them into the ground at about a 30 degree angle like Franco's picture. Hold onto the gold shaft with your fingers and give the stake a bit a wiggle before pulling it from the ground. NEVE...

In GEAR » Easton Aluminum Nail Stakes
September 12, 11:00pm

Carefully not to accept substitutions
True ugg boots are crafted from sheepskin as highest quality wool. Unobtainiun state of origin being from deep below USA Des Moines Iowa . Far from the same.

In Gear Swap » wtb ugg boots
September 08, 8:27am

Help me get below 10 pounds
Leave the stuff sacks and Dry Duck pants at home. Hefty gallon ziplock bags are about 8 grams each. If your Columbia pants are water repellant, would that be enough to leave the Dry Duck pants a...

In Gear Lists » Help me get below 10 pounds
September 07, 11:15am

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.