BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 141 - 150 of 298 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...30

Forum » Thread

Easton Aluminum Nail Stakes
Put them into the ground at about a 30 degree angle like Franco's picture. Hold onto the gold shaft with your fingers and give the stake a bit a wiggle before pulling it from the ground. NEVE...

In GEAR » Easton Aluminum Nail Stakes
September 12, 11:00pm

Carefully not to accept substitutions
True ugg boots are crafted from sheepskin as highest quality wool. Unobtainiun state of origin being from deep below USA Des Moines Iowa . Far from the same.

In Gear Swap » wtb ugg boots
September 08, 8:27am

Help me get below 10 pounds
Leave the stuff sacks and Dry Duck pants at home. Hefty gallon ziplock bags are about 8 grams each. If your Columbia pants are water repellant, would that be enough to leave the Dry Duck pants a...

In Gear Lists » Help me get below 10 pounds
September 07, 11:15am

Parallel Daryl Paranoia
Make sure that Parallel Daryl does not have the same credit card or bank account routing numbers as you do in this universe and that any bill for a nonemergency response does not wormhole your way ...

In Chaff » Paralle Universe
September 02, 11:44am

Table Top Gear
"What could posiibly go wrong?" Sit down for a friendly card game and you might find out.

In Chaff » Table Top Gear
August 22, 10:46pm

Marmot on a rock
The reason why I've been packing a 7.0 oz Panasonic DMC-TZ4

In Photography » Marmot on a rock
August 22, 10:33pm

46 miles NE of Bozeman...
Crazy Mountains are very nice, can be a bit of a playground Fri-Sun though. Reconsider Specimen Ridge or The Thunderer in YNP. You will not see anybody after the first mile or so, but hey... it...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bozeman, Montana
August 17, 10:36am

Side trips to West Yellowstone, YNP, Red Lodge
Eat a meal at Kiwi's, pick up a pair of bison wool gloves at the Yellowstone Trader as a birthday gift to yourself while in West Yellowstone. A nice 1/2 day hike in YNP is on the Howard Eaton...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bozeman, Montana
August 17, 8:47am

How about
"Dyneema FSO Guywire", as in Fresh Squeezed Orange. This way you can just call Lawson and order a 50 foot hank of FSO Guy. You don't get a chance to say that too often, do you now?

In Gear Deals » Rename the Dyneema Cord Contest
August 12, 12:08pm

Leave the pad at home?
Never. Used to use an older model z-rest which folded up into a rectangle but got tired of trying to find a spot for it on the outside of my ULA CDT pack. Went with a Neo Air which rolls up about...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Necessity of Sleeping Pads?
August 10, 9:46am

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.