BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 141 - 150 of 679 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...68

Forum » Thread

bargains
For the price the bitter root is definitely a nice jacket with a good fill to weight ratio. I didn't like the fit when I tried it on, and it wasn't quite warm enough for some of the winter ...

In GEAR » Not os overwhelmed by the Golite Bitterroot
December 22, 12:21am

good to go
like others have said, you should be fine. Having a warm pad under you like the xtherm goes a long way. I use my 40 degree quilt in CO with an xtherm for about 5 months a year and I'm fine. You...

In GEAR » 30* quilt for April NoBo start on AT. Doable or just stupid?
December 19, 6:32pm

thanks
These types of impressions are often more helpful than online specs, so thanks for taking the time. I nerded out like this a couple years ago when getting geared up for winter, and although (like m...

In GEAR » Puffy jackets survey completed
December 15, 2:15am

infinity
The rab infinity jacket would also probably suit your needs well. Its 7.5 oz of down and 16 oz for a size L. My medium is 15 oz flat and its very apparent that the jacket is about half down (minima...

In GEAR » Insulation for changing metabolisms
December 15, 12:34am

interested
Interest is high. Thats pretty much exactly what I would look for in a UL down vest--about %50 fill weight, half zip, and a high collar and elastic hem to seal out drafts. Price is right, too. Alth...

In GEAR » Interest in a down vest
December 10, 11:31pm

bump
NM

In Gear Swap » Dynafit Vulcan Down Jacket $115 (Orange, M)
December 10, 3:06am

hmg and gossamer gear
I was preparing for an AT hike (that didn't happen) a couple of years ago and tried on a lot of different packs. Since you'll be wearing the pack everyday for (hopefully) a few months, its...

In GEAR » Most comfortable lightweight pack?
December 08, 8:02pm

icetrekkers
The ice trekkers are good, and they are less expensive than the kahtoola's which I haven't tried. I like that the ice trekkers are lower profile than the micospikes (less spikey). I tend t...

In GEAR » microspike, crampon suggestions.
December 06, 12:44am

brrrr....
@ Gary --Brrrr...the extreme gear testing conditions have continued. I guess when it comes down to it I am not that hardy of a gear tester ;) Though I will be trying to avoid freezing my ass off to...

In Gear Deals » LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System - V3 2014
December 05, 6:23am

ordered friday, got monday
Got mine monday. I'm happy about this little system for its simplicity and extreme lightweight. I've yet to test it and I probably won't until I put it to more use in the warmer months,...

In Gear Deals » LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System - V3 2014
December 04, 3:01am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am