BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 141 - 150 of 1217 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...122

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Distance : miles or time ?
Well, if someone asks me, there really isn't a right answer. I've found that with many people, if you tell them how far someplace is in real distances, they actually have no idea how far it...

In Philosophy & Technique » Distance : miles or time ?
June 02, 8:16pm

Any way to lighten the way I carry my caldera cone?
I have a caldera cone and an MSR Titanium pot. The cone comes in a plastic container that screws together and holds the pepsi can stove, the cone, and I can fit my alcohol and some matches in there...

In Philosophy & Technique » Any way to lighten the way I carry my caldera cone?
June 02, 8:05pm

Re: Reasonable Weight Target PPPPD for Low-Carb?
My food list for my most recent 3 night (4 day) backpack trip: Breakfast: US Wellness Pemmican Starbucks Via with unsweetened cocoa powder Lunch (admittedly not that low carb): 3 large dat...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Reasonable Weight Target PPPPD for Low-Carb?
June 02, 7:56pm

Re: MYOG Camp shoe
Actually, those might be really good camp shoes for hanging around and keeping mosquitoes from biting your feet. I guess it would depend on how loosely the mesh wraps around your feet.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Camp shoe
June 01, 1:16pm

Re: Re: The "naughty" heavy luxury items that you just don't wanna leave behind!
Here's an update. I brought my luxury items: strumstick, extra shoes, full-sized paperback book, bivy sack (I brought a tent), coffee cup. The extra weight of the items plus having to carry 3 l...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The "naughty" heavy luxury items that you just don't wanna leave behind!
May 28, 6:19pm

Re: Eggs and Backpacking
A reader-created cookbook sounds like a lot of work. I'm going backpacking on Thursday. I'll take some pictures of my paleo meals as I cook/prepare/eat them. This will be a fun project for ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » BPL Forum-Created Paleo Cookbook
May 20, 6:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Don't use jello for protein
Just bring real protein. They make foil pouches of tuna and salmon you can find in most grocery stores. Sometimes you can find chicken (you can't say the b-word here, but it's the body part...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Don't use jello for protein
May 20, 6:34pm

Re: The "naughty" heavy luxury items that you just don't wanna leave behind!
I don't think these are naughty. But on my next trip, I'm probably bringing my Strumstick, which is like a little tiny guitar and weighs over a pound with the case. I'll probably bring ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The "naughty" heavy luxury items that you just don't wanna leave behind!
May 18, 4:52pm

Re: Re: sea salt
Speaking of supplements, I take a calcium/magnesium/potassium supplement and liberally salt my food on purpose. It really helps me with leg cramps and edema.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weight gain on backpacking trip
May 18, 3:24pm

Re: Re: How long might some of these things last?
Thank you. I'm not talking McDonald's fries. Last time I did an overnight backpack I nuked a sweet potato and brought it with me cold but cooked. I had it for dinner in a coconut curry I...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How long might some of these things last?
May 18, 3:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.