BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 141 - 150 of 1361 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...137

Forum » Thread

1 cup boiling kit
Velimir, Really, really clever! Nice work!

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 cup boiling kit
October 12, 7:04pm

Death in Big Bend by Laurence Parent
I believe the park derives its name from the bend in the Rio Grande River, where it changes direction, heading northeast before once again continuing its southeast trip to the Gulf of Mexico. Ne...

In Other Activities » Death in Big Bend by Laurence Parent
October 11, 12:51am

Interesting quote from MLD about mid inners + floors
Phil from sectionhiker.com recently sold his MLD Cuben DuoMid (old school white, at that!) and discussed his reasoning here: http://sectionhiker.com/ode-to-the-mountain-laurel-designs-cuben-fibe...

In GEAR » Interesting quote from MLD about mid inners + floors
October 07, 9:05pm

re: Mid March spring break trip
Anything high elevation -- around 3000 to 3500 feet in the PNW will be snowed in. Our thick forests and lack of strong sunlight keep everything socked in sometimes until June, earliest maybe May. I...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Looking to plan a trip during spring break in mid March somewhere on the west coast. Possible, or too much snow? Suggestions please
October 06, 8:45pm

Rae Lakes Loop
Adam, I always enjoy your reports, your photos are fantastic. If you got any information for the couple you met on the first night, you should send them that photo. I'd want that on my wall ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Rae Lakes Loop
October 05, 12:34pm

Re: missing hikers
The most recent article I saw this morning reported that the searchers felt the missing PCTer would turn up. I don't remember anything in the article to show why they believed this. I'm gue...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hikers in trouble on Pacific Crest Trail
October 04, 1:47pm

Sleep comfort: Neoair Alternative?
Javan, Two more pads with vertical baffles: the REI Stratus and the Big Agnes Air Core Insulated. I haven't used either, just pointing them out, as they may meet your needs as both are (I be...

In GEAR » Sleep comfort: Neoair Alternative?
October 03, 8:58pm

Re: Hikers in trouble on Pacific Crest Trail
Looks like a helicopter was able to get to Matt Margiotta and Kyla Arnold: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2013/10/2-hikers-trapped-by-snow-rescued-from-pacific-crest-trail-2-still-missing/

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hikers in trouble on Pacific Crest Trail
October 01, 9:52pm

New Year, New Gear - Killer Deal on Complete Cook Kits
Robert, I just bought a 12" tall small windscreen. Just a heads up, the description for these says 6 cm instead of 12 cm, although the inches is correct.

In Gear Deals » New Year, New Gear - Killer Deal on Complete Cook Kits
October 01, 1:25pm

Body Glide Liquified Powder is no longer the same
I don't know anything about this product, just searched roadrunnersports because several cities, including Portland, have them. http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/BLS104/2toms-spor...

In GEAR » Body Glide Liquified Powder is no longer the same
September 28, 4:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.