BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 141 - 150 of 916 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: re:RyanF gearlist
Eric, I have not used the Cuben in the bivy for very long, so i dont have any information about long term durability, but luckily, everytime i have, i have been able to find a good place to set ...

In Gear Lists » RyanF gearlist
April 13, 5:49pm

Re: 24 Hour White Mountain Hut Traverse
Hey jonathan. can you tell me what kind of temperatures you will be dealing with, it seems to me that if you are going to need a hood and a balaclava while moving, the rest of your clothing is g...

In Gear Lists » 24 Hour White Mountain Hut Traverse
April 13, 5:36pm

Re: Weight, Wait, Wate
"Its all about the weight. Dont carry a fishing rod thats more than an ounce. Use this if your going to use anything for fishing... http://www.rei.com/product/750651" is this a joke?

In GEAR » Spinning Rod
April 12, 4:22pm

Re: RyanF gearlist/ several questions..
Brett. For the clothing, most people do take more, i even suprise my self at the temperatures i am able to sleep at comfortably, but for safety, if I expect temperatures below 35, i add a BMW co...

April 12, 1:13pm

Re: Re: RyanF gearlist/ several questions..
Thanks doug, ill check out the Komperdell poles and mabey try them out. as far as navigation, my watch has both compass and altimiter functions, that when used in conjunction with a good map, is...

April 12, 12:52pm

Re: Re: RyanF gearlist
I have treid and tested many different styles and philosiphies of backpacking and have settled on a slightly more "athletic" approach, similar to the technique of Andrew Skurka THis is...

April 11, 8:06pm

Re: Re: RyanF gearlist
Thanks for all the feedback, ill try and cover all the questions, tell me if i miss anything. as far as the pack goes, I definitly like the durability of silnylon and dyneema over that in my GG ...

April 11, 7:57pm

Re: Softshell Shorts?
I wear running shorts not for everyone though

In GEAR » Softshell Shorts?
April 11, 7:21pm

RyanF gearlist
Hey, i havent posted in the forums for quite some time, but i logged on again a few days ago so i thought i would post my most updated gearlist for typical 3 season fastpacking for extreme lows of ...

April 11, 2:12pm

ULA Amp pack
anyone used it yett?

In GEAR » ULA Amp pack
April 10, 5:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm