Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Linn (ryan.c.linn) - BPL Guest

My Locale Maine!
About Me I've worked for the Appalachian Mountain Club and Green Mountain Club for several seasons. I led a trail crew in Vermont for the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps near Stratton Mountain. I hope to continue working on or near hiking trails, although the seasonal work thing is hard to sustain over the long run. We'll see how that goes...

AT 2007, New England Trail 2009, PCT 2010. CDT...?
My Website URLhttp://guthook.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Linn

Showing 141 - 150 of 510 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: Attendees and peeps who need rides...
I'm actually coming from Keene, NH, not Maine. I would love to carpool, but I can only come down Friday after 6 pm or early Saturday morning. Anybody making that drive from Boston want to meet ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England ultralight weekend!
October 16, 10:06am

Re: Attendees thus far...
I'll be hiking in in the dark, probably 9 PM at the earliest. We should have some kind of BPL-Bat-Signal :) I will also only have whatever map was on the Mt Washington Forest website, so may...

October 13, 4:49am

Re: pinnacle v circuit
Thanks for the comparison, Mike. That's pretty much what I needed to hear. I wish I could find a Pinnacle in a store somewhere near me, but golite products seem hard to find around here. I'...

In GEAR » Winter Backpack Recommendations
October 05, 8:43am

Re: South Taconic Map.
Very cool! I do love a good map. I'll have to look over this some more as the date draws near. Anyone else have any thoughts on the idea of hiking to Sage's Ravine and back? Any better g...

October 05, 4:51am

Re: Winter Backpack Recommendations
I've been thinking of this, too, and want to get a new winter pack eventually. My main criteria for size would be something that can carry my sleeping bag-- WM Lynx, which compresses down to a ...

In GEAR » Winter Backpack Recommendations
October 05, 4:45am

Re: AT Thru Hikers
Yeah. Very doubtful. Also, if we're sticking to the Alander Mountain area, there won't be any through-hikers there. However, I did just notice this at Views From The Top. With just two simp...

October 04, 5:25pm

Re: campfire
"yes, I actually enjoy that smell" It's not the smell of the woodsmoke that bothers me, but the smell of it once it's in your clothes. To me, there is a big difference. It some...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » camping= fire, why?
October 04, 5:05am

Re: Campfires
I agree with Greg. Car camping campfires are great. It's nice to just sit around the fire and zone out. Wilderness television, I've heard it called. Anyone else? But when hiking/backpack...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » camping= fire, why?
October 03, 6:55pm

Re: 10/21 - 10/23 it is!
In for sure!

October 03, 4:31pm

Re: 11/4 - 11/6
Earlier is better, I say, especially with the foliage. Also, I'd do both dates if the first one turns out to be really fun :)

September 30, 4:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Linn

Ryan Linn has posted no reviews.